TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another two Dutch Marines died in Afghanistan

Patrick,

Prayers for the fallen and condolences to their families and friends. I salute the sacrifices of all Dutch military service personnel in this modern worldwide epic battle against terrorism. The Dutch have been good allies of the USA.salute.gif

Having said this, can you please give us an update on the position of your new government coalition which plans on withdrawing troops from Afghanistan?

Our government is divided on this subject. You know left is pro withdrawing and right against withdrawing. and our government has fallen a month ago so we have new elections on June 9. All is open.

I can understand why they say that we did our job. We are a very small country (16 million people) and we have about 2% of troops in Afghanistan. We don't understand why a country like France has 3.6% while they are with 65 million people. Our share is a lot. Let other countries spent some more money. On the other hand we think it is still a good cause to bring stability in the region.

Our government is divided on this subject. You know left is pro withdrawing and right against withdrawing. and our government has fallen a month ago so we have new elections on June 9. All is open.

I can understand why they say that we did our job. We are a very small country (16 million people) and we have about 2% of troops in Afghanistan. We don't understand why a country like France has 3.6% while they are with 65 million people. Our share is a lot. Let other countries spent some more money. On the other hand we think it is still a good cause to bring stability in the region.

Patrick, America will always have your (Dutch) back!

Patrick, In all honesty we are lucky the French have anybody there.

You cant rely on France to back you in a rock-paper-sissors contest, much less a war! hysterical.gif

I agree that stability in the area is important.

sportscars, I couldn't have said it better.

We'll have to see if the new French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, steps up and commits more resources to this war on terrorism.

When we go to France, we always say: France is a beautiful country, it's a pity that the French live there. I think I am generalising. Of course not all the French that way. Let's assume they love their country and therefore don't like anybody visiting there.

Archived