TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 V6 Shelby?

i8acobra

Anyone hear any rumors or have any thoughts? I figure with GT350 production ramping up, Shelby might start thinking about doing a CS6 or similar package on the '11 V6. With over 300HP stock, it's a prime candidate. I'd actually seriously consider one, since there's no way I'm going to be able to afford a GT350 as long as I'm retired. My '08 CS8 conversion project will tide me over for a while, but I usually buy a new car every 3 years or so. I'll be looking in about 2 years.

No rumors yet but you are right about the 300hp V6 being a good base! With the GT350 taking the stage for 2011 I wouldn't expect anything until the 2012 model year but its definitely not out of the question.

If they kept the winning CS6 formula I'm sure it would be able to outrun the new 5.0 GT on a road course. :salute:

sounds interesting, but I haven't heard anything along those lines...

Leann,

How has your experience been with the Terlingua since you got it? The CS6 owners I know have been really happy with how the package was put together. I've got a V8 but no supercharger so I'm wondering how you find the V6 handles with less weight and more power to the car.

Kevin

Leann,

How has your experience been with the Terlingua since you got it? The CS6 owners I know have been really happy with how the package was put together. I've got a V8 but no supercharger so I'm wondering how you find the V6 handles with less weight and more power to the car.

Kevin

I love my Terlingua! It handles and brakes like a dream on the track and has all the power that I can use lol... love the car! Yes the graphics are "in your face", but I like that part too...it sure turns heads lol :happy feet: ....But, I think the overall cost of the package kept sales very low, and based on that, I don't think SAI will offer another SAI built V6 package...just IMHO....will they do another CS6 package?....that I can see them doing...

I love my Terlingua! It handles and brakes like a dream on the track and has all the power that I can use lol... love the car! Yes the graphics are "in your face", but I like that part too...it sure turns heads lol :happy feet: ....But, I think the overall cost of the package kept sales very low, and based on that, I don't think SAI will offer another SAI built V6 package...just IMHO....will they do another CS6 package?....that I can see them doing...

Awesome! :salute: Do you happen to be the one in Shelby birthday bash videos dancing around the V8's at LVMS infield? Whoever was driving that car knew how to use it! I would love to try my CS8 out on the track but I had to make the decision between 1st ever automatic CS8 or a manual... had the collector's hat on at the time so I had to make the sacrifice and got the auto. No complaints on the streets but on the track I'm not keen on sudden downshifts exiting the apex and not being able to downshift properly screaming into a turn... :banghead:

I think the price did kill the sales for the CS6/CS8 just like the Terlingua. It's an awesome package but the price was really high, especially if you had a full registered build done by Shelby or one of the Mod Shops... they have to find a way to keep the price down if they make another package like that.

Awesome! :salute: Do you happen to be the one in Shelby birthday bash videos dancing around the V8's at LVMS infield? Whoever was driving that car knew how to use it! I would love to try my CS8 out on the track but I had to make the decision between 1st ever automatic CS8 or a manual... had the collector's hat on at the time so I had to make the sacrifice and got the auto. No complaints on the streets but on the track I'm not keen on sudden downshifts exiting the apex and not being able to downshift properly screaming into a turn... :banghead:

I think the price did kill the sales for the CS6/CS8 just like the Terlingua. It's an awesome package but the price was really high, especially if you had a full registered build done by Shelby or one of the Mod Shops... they have to find a way to keep the price down if they make another package like that.

Well, that might have been me...lol....I have an auto also, but like it on the track...I think the tune has taken care of the shifting problems...and it gives me more time to think about what I'm doing lol :hysterical::hysterical::shift:

Yep, I think the price is a definite factor...

Anyone hear any rumors or have any thoughts? I figure with GT350 production ramping up, Shelby might start thinking about doing a CS6 or similar package on the '11 V6. With over 300HP stock, it's a prime candidate. I'd actually seriously consider one, since there's no way I'm going to be able to afford a GT350 as long as I'm retired. My '08 CS8 conversion project will tide me over for a while, but I usually buy a new car every 3 years or so. I'll be looking in about 2 years.

I'd love to see a new Terlingua with the new body style and engine.

Well, that might have been me...lol....I have an auto also, but like it on the track...I think the tune has taken care of the shifting problems...and it gives me more time to think about what I'm doing lol :hysterical::hysterical::shift:

Yep, I think the price is a definite factor...

Hmm... good to know the tune works well, I think I'll look into that!

• 1 year later...

Archived