TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BAER EXTREME BRAKES DIRECTIONAL ROTATION ?

I ORIGINAL POSTED THIS THREAD DO TO THE DIFFERENT ROTORS ON THE MARKET AND THE

DIRECTION OF THE SLOTS AND CROSS DRILLING ON THEM. I HAD SOME CONCERNS FOR

THERE ARE ROTORS THAT ARE DIRECTIONAL EXTERNAL AND INTERNALLY. THE BAER DESIGN

OFFERS A REVERSE SLOTTED AND CROSS DRILLED ROTOR AS OPPOSED TO SOME OF

THE OTHER BRANDS.

SO IF YOU DO EVER HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTION ABOUT THE INSTALLATION OF YOUR

NEW ROTORS IT IS BEST FOR YOU TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURE LIKE I DID TO ASSURE THAT

YOU HAVE MOUNTED AND INSTALLED THEM PROPERLY.

SCOTTY

HI ROBERT OR SHARON ,

SCOTTY HERE , I HAVE A TECHNICAL QUESTION. I RECENTLY INSTALLED MY BAER EXTREMES FRONT

BRAKE KIT AND THE ERADISPEED REARS. HOWEVER I BELIEVE THAT NOT ONLY MY KIT , BUT POSSIBLE

OTHERS ARE MISS LABELED AND CAUSE YOU TO PUT THE ROTORS ON THE WRONG SIDES OF THE CAR.

PLEASE CLEARIFY THE DIRECTIONAL ROTATION. HERE IS THE INFO I HAVE WHICH IS THE OPPOSITE OF

HOW THEY WERE LABELED. ADDITIONALLY AFTER LOOKING AT PEOPLES ROTORS IN THE WHEEL

THREAD OF THE GT500 MODIFICATION FORUM PAGE 3 POST 47 ,48 ; I AM NOT SURE WHAT IS

CORRECT. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR RESOLVING THIS ISSUE. HERE IS THE CONTRADICTING

INFO I HAVE. http://www.dba.com.au/node/5546

AND HERE IS YET ANOTHER FORUM THREAD THAT AGREES

WITH THE BAER ROTATIONAL DIRECTIONS :

www.faqs.org/patents/app/20090314591

RESPECTFULLY,

SCOTTY G.

Scott,

Not Sharon or Robert but here is the answer to your question.

The Baer Extreme Plus rotors externally have a Reverse Slot & Drill pattern. Baer claims this lowers the potential for carbon smearing or transfer from the pad material to the trailing side of the slots on the rotor. Which can affect rotational balance of the rotor and can cause shake while braking.

Internally the Baer Extreme Plus rotors are directionally ventilated as in the dba example.

Scott,

Not Sharon or Robert but here is the answer to your question.

The Baer Extreme Plus rotors externally have a Reverse Slot & Drill pattern. Baer claims this lowers the potential for carbon smearing or transfer from the pad material to the trailing side of the slots on the rotor. Which can affect rotational balance of the rotor and can cause shake while braking.

Internally the Baer Extreme Plus rotors are directionally ventilated as in the dba example.

THANKS FOR THE EXPLAINATION. IT IS ALSO WHAT I HAD THOUGHT , BUT WITH SO MANY DIFFERENT

ROTORS OUT THERE YOU CAN NEVER BE SURE WHAT DIRECTION THE INTERNAL VANES ARE

DESIGNED TO FLOW.

THANKS AGAIN MY BUCKEYE BUDDY, :hysterical: GO WOLVERINES !!!

SCOTTY

If you email Baer they will (or can) send you an image which shows the correct rotation. They did this for me.

Archived