TEAM SHELBY FORUM

blown driver power seat fuse

i couldnt find any thread on this or if i made a thread on it yet but ok...

i was driving to work last night to adjust the seat and ~ptthh~ blew the fuse again.

its a 30 amp fuse and they cost 6 to 10 bux a piece at auto store.

i called Ford and they said it would cost $80 have it hooked up to thier diagnostics to check the circuit. he says if i'm still under warrantee it wont cost me.

either way i'm not goin to keep buying $10 fuses at a parts store.drop.gif

Ford told me i can just bring it tomorrow morning first thing and drop it off.

i even talked to the parts store clerk about it when it happened to me the 2nd time and he said it could be a short or loose connection somewhere. i figured that might be the case, but i waited to see if it happened again before i took it to Ford. sure enough, 3 time's a charm. lol. so i'm droppin it off there tomorrow.

i checked for any slightly loose plugs under the seat, but i cant really tell since i got a really fat head and also i cant move the seat forward with the still blown fuse in it.

i wish i knew where i could've bought a whole bargain bag or package of fuses instead of just single package of fuses, so i can have spare ones.

yeah almost literally hysterical.gif

maybe there's a weight limit on these seatshyper2.gifohsnap.gif

my 218lb butt maybe straining the seat motor.

I'm 6'0 277wgt and no problem yet!!! Someone on here had the same problem as you did if, I remember correctly it was a wire that got slashed by the seat track. But it's only four easy bolt to take out your seat that's what my wife say's when I make her do it. :hysterical: I can't remember what else is on that fuse to lazy to get up and the wife washing my car.

While you have the seat you should get some sound proofing material and do you floor made a big difference.

Good luck

i'm back...

anyway they found what it was. a wire was gettin caught under a bracket wearing the insulation off and arching on the metal which caused the fuse to blow. its fixed. he said it was happening when i was probably moving my sea down on lowest position and a lil forward. he could see how it was doing it. i'm only 5'-7" but i like the seat low so my knee wont hit the bottom of dash when i get in and out.

these mustangs dont have much room at all even for a runt like me.

i'm back...

anyway they found what it was. a wire was gettin caught under a bracket and worn the insulation off and was arching on the metal and was causing the fuse to blow. its fixed. he said it was happening when i was probably moving my sea down on lowest position and a lil forward. i'm only 5'-7" but also like it low so my knee wont hit the bottom of dash when i get in and out.

these mustangs dont have much room at all even for a runt like me.

Good to hear they found the problem and all is well now....

I'm 6'0 277wgt and no problem yet!!! Someone on here had the same problem as you did if, I remember correctly it was a wire that got slashed by the seat track. But it's only four easy bolt to take out your seat that's what my wife say's when I make her do it. hysterical.gif I can't remember what else is on that fuse to lazy to get up and the wife washing my car.

While you have the seat you should get some sound proofing material and do you floor made a big difference.

Good luck

mehh...i like the noise in my car. i can always crank up the stereo if i dont. hysterical.gif

Archived