TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Store Business Practices

Hooper T

Dear Shelby Store Admin:

Why do you charge customers credit cards before the order is shipped?

This is not the typical practice of large web stores?

Most webstores will authorize the purchase amount on the CC, but not bill the credit card until the item is shipped.

I have had a few instances where I have seen the Shelby Store charge show up on my statement before I have even received a Tracking Number from the store, for the item.

Not cool, IMO.

Dear Shelby Store Admin:

Why do you charge customers credit cards before the order is shipped?

This is not the typical practice of large web stores?

Most webstores will authorize the purchase amount on the CC, but not bill the credit card until the item is shipped.

I have had a few instances where I have seen the Shelby Store charge show up on my statement before I have even received a Tracking Number from the store, for the item.

Not cool, IMO.

We do not charge the card until the order is processed and then sent to our shipping department. Once the order is packaged and then Fedex or UPS scans the bar code you should get a tracking number by email. Sometimes the tracking number can take a day or so to get to you.

If you are not getting the emails about the tracking number you can always go back into your account. Some of the larger items need more attention and we will add the tracking number back into the account.

We are also working on better ways to make this process for the customer more efficient.

Sharon

We do not charge the card until the order is processed and then sent to our shipping department. Once the order is packaged and then Fedex or UPS scans the bar code you should get a tracking number by email. Sometimes the tracking number can take a day or so to get to you.

If you are not getting the emails about the tracking number you can always go back into your account. Some of the larger items need more attention and we will add the tracking number back into the account.

We are also working on better ways to make this process for the customer more efficient.

Sharon

Thanks for the clarification Sharon.

Archived