TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear End gears

CobraKaz

There really isn't much reason to move away from the 3.55s on these cars. 1st gear goes quick enough as it is.

My 97 Cobra started with 3.27 ,s , then , with the SC came 3.73.s

then , after a few more years came 4.10,s .

Thats the gears those cars should have come wiith . I just wonder how different these cars are wth steeper gears.

I have 4:10 and highly recommend them...100% shift.gif

I couldn't imagine 4:10's with my limited traction as it is.

ok guys, first off I am running 305/45/20 Nittos that are 727 revs per mile compared to the original 775 rev tires, also with a .49 6th gear, 75mph is only 1800 rpm's...My only point is if you have stock 3;55 I would not spend the money for 3;73 but 4;10 are lots of fun, this is just my opinion

ok guys, first off I am running 305/45/20 Nittos that are 727 revs per mile compared to the original 775 rev tires, also with a .49 6th gear, 75mph is only 1800 rpm's...My only point is if you have stock 3;55 I would not spend the money for 3;73 but 4;10 are lots of fun, this is just my opinion

Thats why i asked if anyone had gone to te 3.90.s . I have to admit i liked / LOVED the 4,10,s in the 97 Cobra but i just didn,t know how they would react with the extra torque of the Shelby . Looking at your rpm,s at 70 rpm , thats liveable . Is that due to the larger wheel with less rpm .

The 2006 Saleen Extreme I had came with 4.10s and a six speed manual. I'm pretty sure the same trans as in the GT500. First gear was non existent. Needless to say Saleen moved to 3.73's in later model years.

Other than the noise issue , how are they for driving ? Are they " managable" for street use .

For me 4.10's seem ideal for the street, so I'm sure 3.90's are fine.

Keep in mind if you go with a taller tire, your ratio gets taller. Once my new wheels arrive I'll be running a 28.68" tire which will give me an effective ratio of 3.80. If I left my stock 3.55 gears in, then my effective ratio would be down around a 3.30.

Archived