TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When is Shelby Registry going to have the data on how many 40ths are going to be made and how many of each colors, option, convertible, coupes,etc.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to report all of your guesses are off by at least 1....

Submitted my 40th reservation form with deposit on Dec 31. Details to follow next week!

Happy New Year!

Keith

Happy to report all of your guesses are off by at least 1....

Submitted my 40th reservation form with deposit on Dec 31. Details to follow next week!

Happy New Year!

Keith

Congrats Keith and welcome to the 40th group!! Did you request a specific number or going to see whats available?

Take Care and Happy New Year!!!happy%20feet.gif

Congrats Keith and welcome to the 40th group!! Did you request a specific number or going to see whats available?

Take Care and Happy New Year!!!happy%20feet.gif

Yep, the last one! :yahoo:

Actually, will see what's available next week when I confirm details with SAI.

Just an FYI folks, there are several deposits on 40th. Anniversarys. They are build in the order they are recieved at Shelby American. Customers have 90 days to deliver their vehicle for conversion. We will not know the "last built" or the final tally until the end of April. No orders have been taken and the program is officially closed as of December 31, 2010. Only vehicles with deposits and arriving prior to March 31, 2011 will be built and that is it.

Steve has been entering and collecting information for quite some time.

Roger

Just an FYI folks, there are several deposits on 40th. Anniversarys. They are build in the order they are recieved at Shelby American. Customers have 90 days to deliver their vehicle for conversion. We will not know the "last built" or the final tally until the end of April. No orders have been taken and the program is officially closed as of December 31, 2010. Only vehicles with deposits and arriving prior to March 31, 2011 will be built and that is it.

Steve has been entering and collecting information for quite some time.

Roger

Yikes! I can't stand the suspense!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The count down begins!

12 months untill we have our finished registry numbers for our 40th's!

Party in Feb. in Vegas?

Todd

I've got to figure out how to get a new Polo Shirt since the Shelby Shop in Vegas discontinued the one item we had for 40th members only.

• 2 months later...

I was reading an article in the July issue of MM&FF magazine about the new Shelby GT 350.

Article was talking about re-birth of Shelby and Ford in 2007 with the Shelby GT 500.

Then I read the next paragraph which got my goat!

(This success has allowed Shelby American to expand its line of Shelby Mustangs to Ford -built (Shelby GT and GT 500) and post- title versions prepared by Shelby America Automobiles in Las Vegas ( and select facilities). They include the Super Snake, Terlinqua, CS6, GTS, (V6 or V8), and now the GT 350).

As usual no mention of the GT 500 40ths!

I am not surprised by this in the least! In my opinion Shelby America which still has not given us the count promised in April, and really does not give the 40th any recognition!

So why should anyone on the outside?

Very few if any aftermarket products, and no write ups.

I can see the writing on the wall when we were promised that our 40ths will be registered by Feb. 2012.

Very disappointed in being left in the dust by Shelby America!

Todd

I was reading an article in the July issue of MM&FF magazine about the new Shelby GT 350.

Article was talking about re-birth of Shelby and Ford in 2007 with the Shelby GT 500.

Then I read the next paragraph which got my goat!

(This success has allowed Shelby American to expand its line of Shelby Mustangs to Ford -built (Shelby GT and GT 500) and post- title versions prepared by Shelby America Automobiles in Las Vegas ( and select facilities). They include the Super Snake, Terlinqua, CS6, GTS, (V6 or V8), and now the GT 350).

As usual no mention of the GT 500 40ths!

I am not surprised by this in the least! In my opinion Shelby America which still has not given us the count promised in April, and really does not give the 40th any recognition!

So why should anyone on the outside?

Very few if any aftermarket products, and no write ups.

I can see the writing on the wall when we were promised that our 40ths will be registered by Feb. 2012.

Very disappointed in being left in the dust by Shelby America!

Todd

Todd,

Be quiet and get back in the attic.

• 1 month later...

Hope everyone had a nice 4th of July.

Did we ever find out if the 40th package is the first official post-title conversion? Roger once said the GT-H cars were first but they were never titled by Hertz until they arrived in their individual states to be used in the rental business after leaving SAI. Therefore they cannot be Post-titled, nor are they pre-titled because they were sold to Hertz by Ford with no title, only contract, before ending up at SAI. No problem with the SGT's and KR's being pre-title, so I can see how the GT-H can be in this group because they were titled after leaving SAI like the SGT and KR.

Then there is the other can of worms with John's car which was never titled before or after the 40th conversion. Sounds like, by definition, there should be a separate category for the GT-H cars and one for John's extremely rare 40th.

The only reason I brought this subject up is, there is talk about a 2012 GT-H and it would be appropriate to get this "who was first" thing right for the REGISTRY.

Guess we'll need SAI to clear up whether or not the CS-6/CS-8 cars are part of the registry....

Though they wouldn't have a CSM number from "in-house" modification, it was an authorized package sold by Shelby and may or may not have been tracked via a package id number or the like. I remember seeing a CS-8 in 2005-6 time frame. I can easily see how they would be in the registry, and therefore be the first post-title mod package of the modern Mustangs.

And I would suspect these CS-6/CS-8 cars are in fewer numbers than many of the recent Shelby packages.

Keith

• 4 months later...

Archived