TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When is Shelby Registry going to have the data on how many 40ths are going to be made and how many of each colors, option, convertible, coupes,etc.?

Stuart

The 40th is currently still available until 12/31/2010. Now that doesn't mean that on 01/01/2011 I'll be able to push a magic button and have a report to post on TS. Also keep in mind that January's are usually pretty busy at Shelby American with the Vegas Bash and then the Scottsdale event.

So after the 40th program closes the next step will probably be to see what 40th cars are still in a uncompleted build stage. That means contacting all the mod shops along with a review of Vegas orders. Then once all 40th cars have been shown to be delivered the next step is to have each mod shop verify their builds. From there every single car will need to be reviewed and entered, if not already, into the registry database. This review will also remove any non 40th cars that some GT500 owners erroneously registered as a 40th model.

After all that is done then some number crunching can begin with the results being entered into a easily retrievable spreadsheet. From there this spreadsheet will head to the Registry Director for sign off.

Let me add that a registry is only as accurate as the info entered and/or distributed. For us to just toss out some preliminary numbers at any point before they were reviewed and confirmed would be reckless. I'm not sure if people realize the amount of confusion it would create if I were to say that there were xyz amount of red 40th's built as of the Summer of 2010. Guarantee to you it would come back to haunt us. There would always be people who would then say that they heard or that they read there was only xyz red 40th's built. They will quickly forget the disclaimer where I wrote that as of the Summer or that I said these were estimated numbers, but argue til the end that what they read/heard is cast in stone. Then you add in the owners who would immediately have a car show sign board made up with these preliminary numbers, who of course would also leave out the disclaimer, to be seen by other car enthusiasts for years to come. Trying to un-ring that bell is impossible.

Again just trying to point out that when it comes to the registry things aren't as simple as they seem.

Steve

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todd

Let me try to address your concerns the best I can by saying that just because you don't see or feel that work is being done on the registry doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening.

The SAI Registry has two full time employee's and over a dozen Registrar Volunteers that are available just about 24/7. This post is a good example of our dedication, its Saturday afternoon right now with Shelby American being closed but you are getting an answer to your questions. I'm not too sure how many auto manufacturers are willing to do this but Shelby American sure is.

Did the SAI Registry just not release its long awaited COA certificate program earlier this year? By the number of requests for certificates I'd say it’s been a success with great praise from the owners on the quality and thoroughness of the verification process for each certificate.

Has the SAI Registry not been represented at every major Shelby/Mustang show this past summer? I can say it has and I would like to thank Registrar Volunteers for their hard work at these shows.

Did the Registry not introduce a new forum on the Team Shelby board this year where enthusiasts can ask questions, verify cars and find the contact info for all the Registrar volunteers? The answer of course is yes and I invite you to visit that forum and especially look at the thread, Meet Your Registrars.

The above items are just a few of the many changes made over the last year that the enthusiasts can see. In fact there has been more forward movement of the registry these past 6-8 months then probably the last year or two. I'd say that just this short list shows that that Shelby American is addressing the Registry concerns although you may think we are not.

Unfortunately when it comes to discussing the irons in the fire that the registry has going on behind the scenes right now are ones that can not be discussed publicly, at least not at this time. There are some other threads where we briefly have mentioned our most ambitious project of bringing portions of the Registry online 24/7. We have not backed off that goal and it is still near if not at the top of our list of improvements. Announcements will be made on TS when we are closer to releasing the official details.

One other comment I'd like to address is when you mentioned, "Completing The Registry". You do realize that Shelby American is still producing cars on a daily basis so that completing a Shelby American Registry would not even be possible. I don't think the GT350 owners would like to see a post that says the SAI Registry is completed with a list of just three GT350 owners. The same would apply to SS, Terlingua, 40th, etc owners. How can the registry be completed when we are still producing these cars? Now some of you are going say but the Shelby GT's are done. Well my answer is yes and no. SGT owners are having their cars upgraded with the GT/SC option all the time. How can we claim the SGT's are done when we're still upgrading some of them. And although I'm saying this tongue in cheek I don't recall ever seeing a press release from Shelby American saying that there will never be another SGT after the 2008 model. Please don't anyone read anything into that. I'm just trying to point out that when people keep asking when will the Registry be completed they aren't looking at the big picture.

Todd, everyone at Shelby American appreciates your enthusiasm and of course we thank you for loyalty to the Shelby brand. My above reply is meant to just give you and others a little insight that Shelby American has and is still addressing every aspect of the registry and the concerns shown by the owners.

Feel free to contact me or anyone of our Registrars anytime. I think you'd be surprised at the enthusiasm and dedication we along with you owners have for these great cars.

Steve

Hello Steve and thank you for your response.

I am still confused, when we paid to have our 2007 Ford Shelby GT 500 changed over to a 40th model we were told that our 40th would be a limited Shelby project that would separate our Shelby from Fords Shelby with the SA Registry.

What holds our 40th authentic from the clones that are being made from the parts that you sell on line to the public?

This is the age of computers why were our 40th being the first project for SA not registered from the time of completion?

If someone updates there 40th as I have done with the 40th Shelby seats why not just added that to the registry in your computer system.

I am sure eventually you will be able to see your registry on line, and when you go to sell or auction your 40th you can see any updates and changes made the way you can for example car facts.

Thanks again for getting back to me,

Todd

Hello Steve and thank you for your response.

I am still confused, when we paid to have our 2007 Ford Shelby GT 500 changed over to a 40th model we were told that our 40th would be a limited Shelby project that would separate our Shelby from Fords Shelby with the SA Registry.

What holds our 40th authentic from the clones that are being made from the parts that you sell on line to the public?

This is the age of computers why were our 40th being the first project for SA not registered from the time of completion?

If someone updates there 40th as I have done with the 40th Shelby seats why not just added that to the registry in your computer system.

I am sure eventually you will be able to see your registry on line, and when you go to sell or auction your 40th you can see any updates and changes made the way you can for example car facts.

Thanks again for getting back to me,

Todd

when we paid to have our 2007 Ford Shelby GT 500 changed over to a 40th model we were told that our 40th would be a limited Shelby project that would separate our Shelby from Fords Shelby with the SA Registry.That is correct. The 40th Anniversary cars are limited and are separate from other GT500's by the very fact that they received a coveted CSM number along with a separate model listing in the registry.

The fact that a clone will not have a CSM number nor any paperwork from Shelby American for the 40th Anniversary package mod.

One reason was because the 40th cars were post-title mod shop conversions. Mod Shops do not have access to the registry database. That means all mod shop cars have to be manually entered into the registry database. This alos applies to Terlinguas, Super Snakes, S/C cars, etc. It's not like the 40th's are being singled out and neglected.

Let me add to that by saying when someone says the words Shelby Registry many people immediately compare us to that other Shelby Registry. What they don't take into consideration is that other registry has had over 35 years to get where they are at. They are also registering cars that have been out of production for many years besides the fact they are dealing with less than 15,000 cars built from 1962 to 1970. Compare that to the fact there were over 15,000 Shelby's built in just 2007 alone.

If someone updates there 40th as I have done with the 40th Shelby seats why not just added that to the registry in your computer system. There's no way we could ever merge parts sales receipts with the registry as car modifications. The owner has to take some intiative when it comes to registering their Shelby and notifying us of modifications they have made.

I am sure eventually you will be able to see your registry on line Yes you will. This has been discussed in several TS threads but should probably be made a sticky topic somehwere so its easy to find. There are many hurdles to jump before the registry will be online, mainly security and privacy issues that must be addressed.

I'd like to repeat that progress is being made on the registry, perhaps not as fast as some would like. I'm certain the wait will be worth it.

Steve

when we paid to have our 2007 Ford Shelby GT 500 changed over to a 40th model we were told that our 40th would be a limited Shelby project that would separate our Shelby from Fords Shelby with the SA Registry.That is correct. The 40th Anniversary cars are limited and are separate from other GT500's by the very fact that they received a coveted CSM number along with a separate model listing in the registry.

The fact that a clone will not have a CSM number nor any paperwork from Shelby American for the 40th Anniversary package mod.

One reason was because the 40th cars were post-title mod shop conversions. Mod Shops do not have access to the registry database. That means all mod shop cars have to be manually entered into the registry database. This alos applies to Terlinguas, Super Snakes, S/C cars, etc. It's not like the 40th's are being singled out and neglected.

Let me add to that by saying when someone says the words Shelby Registry many people immediately compare us to that other Shelby Registry. What they don't take into consideration is that other registry has had over 35 years to get where they are at. They are also registering cars that have been out of production for many years besides the fact they are dealing with less than 15,000 cars built from 1962 to 1970. Compare that to the fact there were over 15,000 Shelby's built in just 2007 alone.

If someone updates there 40th as I have done with the 40th Shelby seats why not just added that to the registry in your computer system. There's no way we could ever merge parts sales receipts with the registry as car modifications. The owner has to take some intiative when it comes to registering their Shelby and notifying us of modifications they have made.

I am sure eventually you will be able to see your registry on line Yes you will. This has been discussed in several TS threads but should probably be made a sticky topic somehwere so its easy to find. There are many hurdles to jump before the registry will be online, mainly security and privacy issues that must be addressed.

I'd like to repeat that progress is being made on the registry, perhaps not as fast as some would like. I'm certain the wait will be worth it.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the updated info.

As you know I am eagerly awaiting for my 40th to be in the Registry.

Very curious on how many 40th were done in Alloy, convertible with crimson seats, even though I changed the Seats to the Shelby 40th seats in black and silver.

Thanks,

Todd

With the 40th. build closing on December 31, 2010 and all preliminary records recorded in the registry we would like to have the build out information complete by the first quarter of 2011. We have orders and vehicles in transit for conversion to make the deadline of the program.

Running production changes are just a best guess as the information was not as detailed as you may all think. Stuart stated

"best guess" he just may be right. We will investigate time line.

Roger

At the GT350 Event in Granbury, it was stated that we would all be really surprised with how low the number of 40ths actually is, 300 or under :unsure:

Under 300 is what I think.

300 or 3000, it's still a cool car to me :rockon:

I love my Shelby :wub:

We should be able to receive the information about the exact number of 40th made at the end of Dec.?

I would also believe that they have the exact number now due to the fact that the run of the 40th is over next month.

My guess is that we are going to be presently surprised on the exact number made.

Might be lower then we are expecting, is my guess.

Todd

• 1 month later...

Would be nice to know exactly how the "Last" 40th will be determined...

last order received on the 31st,

last car completed modification,

last car delivered

last sequentially numbered CSM...?

So Keith, u got something up your sleeve :happy feet:

No, nothing up my sleeve :shades: ....

I swore I'd "never" mod my car and just keep it original, but after I modded it with the fence at Barber's during 45th MCA, and recently coming into some bonus $$$, I've been thinking about it.

Pay the mortgage on the empty FL home waiting to be sold OR visit Vegas for New Years?

Tempted for sure :yup:

40th it :-) Then come out to the Vegas bash.

Would you please quit depreciating the value of our limited addition car! We want less not more! The next thing you know we will have so many that they will have to start to make 40th bling to sell. We surely don't want that.

Would you please quit depreciating the value of our limited addition car! We want less not more! The next thing you know we will have so many that they will have to start to make 40th bling to sell. We surely don't want that.

You mean like two t-shirts?

Sorry :rolleyes: Keith is a good guy!

You are kidding.....correct?

Roger

<BR itxtvisited="1"> Roger, will you be working late on the 31st to take Keith's phone order for the last 40th? :hysterical3: He has shown some interest he might call you at 11:59. Dang, I haven't seen this much excitement around here since the summer of 07. banana%20piano.gif <BR itxtvisited="1">

Sorry :rolleyes: Keith is a good guy!

Thanks for having my back Sherri! Guess we need a "sponsor" to get into the exclusive club....

Still giving it consideration...

Merry Christmas!

Archived