TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When is Shelby Registry going to have the data on how many 40ths are going to be made and how many of each colors, option, convertible, coupes,etc.?

I was always under the impression that 500 40ths would be built.

I am #417 built in Las Vegas, Bud's last. It all went well until Bud left and then it seemed to get "lost" for a while.

Sherri,

Can't go by the CSM.

Stuart

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been around from the beginning and have a car that was built in the first batch after the first 15. My recollection is that we were told that there would be 1000 built, then it was reduced to 500, then reduced to 300 and now it appears that it is back to 500. I could be wrong, but many of us 40th owners have talked about this at all of the events.... So, I think I'm correct.

You are correct. 1000 was the original numbers I was told in 2006.

That is very true...I am one on the first 15 (#6 from party of 15) and my CSM is 245...

OK to stir the pot some more. Actually, the party of 15 were not the first 15 built. I believe there were three other than the Prototype that Frank in OK bought at Barrett Jackson and the black Vert that SA used in the advertising, they don't count as they were not regular production. I believe one of the three went to someone in CA or the west coast, one up north and I can't rememberwhere the last one went, I'm thinking Canada, but I could be making that one up.

John Walker was in charge of this project. He is a Beaumont, TX boy and I am from Beaumont. I personally dropped my car off and I had a long conversation with John about the "Party of 15" and the number of 40th's that had been built. A white car had not yet been converted, and I pressed him to get mine done first. I was #3 of the 15 with a CSM number of 151 but I think I was actually 13 or 14 of the party of 15. Since we have no records, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

If we ever get a registry, all of this will become clear as I suspect they will have completion dates. Inquiring minds want to know!

OK to stir the pot some more. Actually, the party of 15 were not the first 15 built. I believe there were three other than the Prototype that Frank in OK bought at Barrett Jackson and the black Vert that SA used in the advertising, they don't count as they were not regular production. I believe one of the three went to someone in CA or the west coast, one up north and I can't rememberwhere the last one went, I'm thinking Canada, but I could be making that one up.

John Walker was in charge of this project. He is a Beaumont, TX boy and I am from Beaumont. I personally dropped my car off and I had a long conversation with John about the "Party of 15" and the number of 40th's that had been built. A white car had not yet been converted, and I pressed him to get mine done first. I was #3 of the 15 with a CSM number of 151 but I think I was actually 13 or 14 of the party of 15. Since we have no records, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

If we ever get a registry, all of this will become clear as I suspect they will have completion dates. Inquiring minds want to know!

Well at least we were able to get this Document that shows our Authenticity. When I read Kick Off Event, to me that means the official start of production of the 40th. There are always demo cars made before production. As you stated we will just have to wait for the REGISTRY to know exactly where we stand in the production line of the 40th.

Todd

SCAN0085-1.jpg

Well at least we were able to get this Document that shows our Authenticity. When I read Kick Off Event, to me that means the official start of production of the 40th. There are always demo cars made before production. As you stated we will just have to wait for the REGISTRY to know exactly where we stand in the production line of the 40th.

Todd

SCAN0085-1.jpg

will we all get one of these at some point? I know it wont be the one stating the autograph for the special 15 but just a regular certificate

This is what came with mine.

Jon

I believe that all the 40ths that were completed at Shelby in Vegas should of receive that completion certificate.

The one that I sent was in regards to the first 15 done at Shelby in Vegas. When completed we had a Kick off party with Carroll Shelby and the whole staff. Our 40ths personnel sign by Carroll Shelby, and they also made some poster of our 40th which they sell at there store.

Ok, here are the FACTS about the "party of 15". I know these are the facts cause I'm the one who started it and put it together with the help of SAI and the Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation. Once I was given permission by the Foundation to have the party, I was told SAI did not have the time to put it together and it would be up to me to handle the details. I was allowed to have a minimum of 10 cars and a maximium of 15 "if I could get them". That permission was given to me on May 21, 2007. The table below shows the 15 cars and the date when they were added to my list which gave them their # of the 15. (I deleated the Owners names here, other than mine as I didn't get their permission to list them here). These are NOT the first 15 40th's produced. Once I had the list and gave it to John Walker, then SAI scheduled the ones not produced yet so we could all be in Vegas on November 1st for the party. There were many 40ths produced before, during and after the wait for our party. The term "Kick-off Event" was coined after the party as verbage on our Certificates of Authenticity. These are the facts and you can take it to the bank :shift:

DATE ADDED TO LIST SHELBY SERIAL #

1 of 15 John Allen 21-May-07 CMS 07XL0064

2 of 15 8-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0226

3 of 15 8-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0151

4 of 15 11-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0300

5 of 15 12-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0224

6 of 15 12-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0245

7 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0100

8 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0044

9 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0017

10 of 15 15-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0223

11 0f 15 17-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0175

12 of 15 18-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0222

13 of 15 18-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0200

14 of 15 19-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0080

15 of 15 29-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0264

Ok, here are the FACTS about the "party of 15". I know these are the facts cause I'm the one who started it and put it together with the help of SAI and the Carroll Shelby Childrens Foundation. Once I was given permission by the Foundation to have the party, I was told SAI did not have the time to put it together and it would be up to me to handle the details. I was allowed to have a minimum of 10 cars and a maximium of 15 "if I could get them". That permission was given to me on May 21, 2007. The table below shows the 15 cars and the date when they were added to my list which gave them their # of the 15. (I deleated the Owners names here, other than mine as I didn't get their permission to list them here). These are NOT the first 15 40th's produced. Once I had the list and gave it to John Walker, then SAI scheduled the ones not produced yet so we could all be in Vegas on November 1st for the party. There were many 40ths produced before, during and after the wait for our party. The term "Kick-off Event" was coined after the party as verbage on our Certificates of Authenticity. These are the facts and you can take it to the bank :shift:

DATE ADDED TO LIST SHELBY SERIAL #

1 of 15 John Allen 21-May-07 CMS 07XL0064

2 of 15 8-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0226

3 of 15 8-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0151

4 of 15 11-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0300

5 of 15 12-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0224

6 of 15 12-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0245

7 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0100

8 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0044

9 of 15 13-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0017

10 of 15 15-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0223

11 0f 15 17-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0175

12 of 15 18-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0222

13 of 15 18-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0200

14 of 15 19-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0080

15 of 15 29-Jun-07 CMS O7XL0264

Thanks John, for clearing this up.

That day was so special for me and I will never forget it!

You did an amazing job putting that together with all the problems that a took place doing it.

Todd

Thanks John, for clearing this up.

That day was so special for me and I will never forget it!

You did an amazing job putting that together with all the problems that a took place doing it.

Todd

Thanks Todd,

It was a lot of fun in spite of the hurdles (actually only one hurdle but she was a tuff one). It was an experience of a life time and gave us a car that no one else can have. I feel very fortunate to have been able to share it with such a diverse and great bunch of fellow Shelby nuts from around the country and Canada. :salute:

Wow! There is a lot of cool history building up about these 40th's. Looks like a good subject for a 40th book down the road...

Anyone want to sell one of those "Party of 15" cars? :D

Actually there is one for sale. PM if seriously interested.

John

• 4 weeks later...

When I was getting ready to send my car out, 390 was the next number up in sucsession for the 40th.

I was told a few months ago that they had about 200 sold, and that they weren't going to advertise it anymore, but it would be sold if requested up until 500 were sold.

Stuart,

Can you throw us a milkbone, morsel, tidbit, snipit. For example, how many of the 40th's had the gen 1 air splitter? This could keep us going for another three years.

Thanks,

Don

My Tungsten got the gen 1. Bud told me last year that there was between 50 - 100 of them I believe, before they switched to the gen 2.

I was told from the biggining that there would be no more then 500 made of the 40th.

I was told last year that there would be only 300 40th made.

So if and when the registry is completed we will know the exact amount etc.

Todd

I remember the advertisement for 1000 when they were first announced, then they dropping to 500. I did hear that they had dropped again to 300, but was later told that was not true and it was still 500. But sells had basically slowed to a halt around 200.

Unfortunately, I don't own a Shelby.....yet.

I am reading a great deal of frustration in this thread.

Roger, is it possible to allow some of the more "enthused" members or upcoming registrars to come to LV and help put this data in the spreadsheet? If they are being trusted as registrars why not let them get involved elbow deep? Offer them a perk for coming out and helping. Pick up some hotel and ????

I am involved in the SVT groups and one thing is for certain--car enthusiasts are a very dedicated group and will step up to the plate when needed.

Just some comments.....

Tom

Or send them to a select set of people. I can't come to LV but would be more than willing to enter them and the send them back.

• 2 months later...

If I had any cahonies ( and a long time horizon) I would. Somehow the wife just wouldn't understand...

I see by the lack of response from anyone at Shelby Registry. That getting our 40ths registered either is not happening in the near future or not a very big concern of theirs. Which I find very disheartening !

Todd

I see by the lack of response from anyone at Shelby Registry. That getting our 40ths registered either is not happening in the near future or not a very big concern of theirs. Which I find very disheartening !

Todd

Howdy Todd!! This seems to be a very lonely site, doesn't it? As I said before, I think all the registries connected with anything to do with Shelby will be silent for a long time to come. It's too bad, but look at the bright side, maybe since the upper management shake up took place and the riff- raff got weeded out, we can look forward to better things to come. :headscratch: It apperars there may be true professional business people running things now. :unsure:

Take care!!

Don't think so. But just to be sure I will check the LV records Monday.

Roger

I don't know if this means anything at this point, but I did hear from SA that the limited 40th Anniversary will end this year. Five model years later with 2012 cars just around the corner sure redefined the limited anniversary. First it was 1000 units then 500 and now it looks short of 300 despite higher CSM numbers. How many times have we seen a car on eBay and Roger or Steve have responded that it's a one of or how many were built? I would hope Roger will give us some info at the beginning of next year. John, how do you like your 2011 SVTPP?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60739-how-rare-is-my-shelby-gtc/ #9

Howdy Todd!! This seems to be a very lonely site, doesn't it? As I said before, I think all the registries connected with anything to do with Shelby will be silent for a long time to come. It's too bad, but look at the bright side, maybe since the upper management shake up took place and the riff- raff got weeded out, we can look forward to better things to come. :headscratch: It apperars there may be true professional business people running things now. :unsure:

Take care!!

Hello John,

I hope you are right!

They should of hired US! lol

Be well,

Todd

I don't know if this means anything at this point, but I did hear from SA that the limited 40th Anniversary will end this year. Five model years later with 2012 cars just around the corner sure redefined the limited anniversary. First it was 1000 units then 500 and now it looks short of 300 despite higher CSM numbers. How many times have we seen a car on eBay and Roger or Steve have responded that it's a one of or how many were built? I would hope Roger will give us some info at the beginning of next year. John, how do you like your 2011 SVTPP?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60739-how-rare-is-my-shelby-gtc/ #9

Would be nice to hear something about our 40th's from SAI!

http://www.teamshelb...-my-shelby-gtc/ #9

Roger, I think it's great. I've had it 2 months now and have 10,500 miles on it. The wife and I took a 5500 mile road trip with it and it was a blast, even though the clutch blew up in Cranston RI. Even got to have dinner in New Youk with Tlitz and wife. I'm ready to go again, just have to convince the wife and office.

Take Care,

John

Glad to hear you and the wife had a blast and got to have dinner with Todd and his wife,10,500 miles in two months sure confirms that. What the heck is going on with the clutch? I thought the newer cars had that issue solved. Black with Red stripes is hot, good choice. Don

Glad to hear you and the wife had a blast and got to have dinner with Todd and his wife,10,500 miles in two months sure confirms that. What the heck is going on with the clutch? I thought the newer cars had that issue solved. Black with Red stripes is hot, good choice. Don

The clutch started slipping around Indy and by the time we got to New York it was pretty bad.. Left New York and made it to Cranston, RI where Tasca Ford is. Tasca is an authorized "Shelby Mod Shop" so I felt in good hands there. Fortunately they had a clutch in stock and made the repairs in less than a day. All was covered under warranty and remaining vacation time went on without a hitch. The inner clutch disc was completely trashed. It just fell out of the housing as dust. No explaination yet???

• 4 weeks later...

The clutch started slipping around Indy and by the time we got to New York it was pretty bad.. Left New York and made it to Cranston, RI where Tasca Ford is. Tasca is an authorized "Shelby Mod Shop" so I felt in good hands there. Fortunately they had a clutch in stock and made the repairs in less than a day. All was covered under warranty and remaining vacation time went on without a hitch. The inner clutch disc was completely trashed. It just fell out of the housing as dust. No explaination yet???

I am still baffled at the fact that SA are making great strides and improving every aspect of SA since the change of personnel.

What baffles me is that to my knowledge no one at SA has address the Registry issue.

Seems to me they would be completing the Registry. As this shows all the great work that SA has done for their clients has some form of legitimacy in what we purchased out of good faith and love for Carroll Shelby and being part of his amazing heritage!

Todd

I am still baffled at the fact that SA are making great strides and improving every aspect of SA since the change of personnel.

What baffles me is that to my knowledge no one at SA has address the Registry issue.

Seems to me they would be completing the Registry. As this shows all the great work that SA has done for their clients has some form of legitimacy in what we purchased out of good faith and love for Carroll Shelby and being part of his amazing heritage!

Todd

It would be nice, but you have it all documented on your car. Nobody can take that away from you.

It would be nice, but you have it all documented on your car. Nobody can take that away from you.

Yes I have all the doc. from Ford and Shelby. Also thanks to John Allen I also have a Doc. from the 40th party.

Still not complete till the Registry is done.

I also would like to see where in the US are the 40th.

Would be nice to be able to see how many in NY for example and what colors, coup or convertibles etc.

Todd

Todd

Let me try to address your concerns the best I can by saying that just because you don't see or feel that work is being done on the registry doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening.

The SAI Registry has two full time employee's and over a dozen Registrar Volunteers that are available just about 24/7. This post is a good example of our dedication, its Saturday afternoon right now with Shelby American being closed but you are getting an answer to your questions. I'm not too sure how many auto manufacturers are willing to do this but Shelby American sure is.

Did the SAI Registry just not release its long awaited COA certificate program earlier this year? By the number of requests for certificates I'd say it’s been a success with great praise from the owners on the quality and thoroughness of the verification process for each certificate.

Has the SAI Registry not been represented at every major Shelby/Mustang show this past summer? I can say it has and I would like to thank Registrar Volunteers for their hard work at these shows.

Did the Registry not introduce a new forum on the Team Shelby board this year where enthusiasts can ask questions, verify cars and find the contact info for all the Registrar volunteers? The answer of course is yes and I invite you to visit that forum and especially look at the thread, Meet Your Registrars.

The above items are just a few of the many changes made over the last year that the enthusiasts can see. In fact there has been more forward movement of the registry these past 6-8 months then probably the last year or two. I'd say that just this short list shows that that Shelby American is addressing the Registry concerns although you may think we are not.

Unfortunately when it comes to discussing the irons in the fire that the registry has going on behind the scenes right now are ones that can not be discussed publicly, at least not at this time. There are some other threads where we briefly have mentioned our most ambitious project of bringing portions of the Registry online 24/7. We have not backed off that goal and it is still near if not at the top of our list of improvements. Announcements will be made on TS when we are closer to releasing the official details.

One other comment I'd like to address is when you mentioned, "Completing The Registry". You do realize that Shelby American is still producing cars on a daily basis so that completing a Shelby American Registry would not even be possible. I don't think the GT350 owners would like to see a post that says the SAI Registry is completed with a list of just three GT350 owners. The same would apply to SS, Terlingua, 40th, etc owners. How can the registry be completed when we are still producing these cars? Now some of you are going say but the Shelby GT's are done. Well my answer is yes and no. SGT owners are having their cars upgraded with the GT/SC option all the time. How can we claim the SGT's are done when we're still upgrading some of them. And although I'm saying this tongue in cheek I don't recall ever seeing a press release from Shelby American saying that there will never be another SGT after the 2008 model. Please don't anyone read anything into that. I'm just trying to point out that when people keep asking when will the Registry be completed they aren't looking at the big picture.

Todd, everyone at Shelby American appreciates your enthusiasm and of course we thank you for loyalty to the Shelby brand. My above reply is meant to just give you and others a little insight that Shelby American has and is still addressing every aspect of the registry and the concerns shown by the owners.

Feel free to contact me or anyone of our Registrars anytime. I think you'd be surprised at the enthusiasm and dedication we along with you owners have for these great cars.

Steve

Todd

Let me try to address your concerns the best I can by saying that just because you don't see or feel that work is being done on the registry doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening.

The SAI Registry has two full time employee's and over a dozen Registrar Volunteers that are available just about 24/7. This post is a good example of our dedication, its Saturday afternoon right now with Shelby American being closed but you are getting an answer to your questions. I'm not too sure how many auto manufacturers are willing to do this but Shelby American sure is.

Did the SAI Registry just not release its long awaited COA certificate program earlier this year? By the number of requests for certificates I'd say it's been a success with great praise from the owners on the quality and thoroughness of the verification process for each certificate.

Has the SAI Registry not been represented at every major Shelby/Mustang show this past summer? I can say it has and I would like to thank Registrar Volunteers for their hard work at these shows.

Did the Registry not introduce a new forum on the Team Shelby board this year where enthusiasts can ask questions, verify cars and find the contact info for all the Registrar volunteers? The answer of course is yes and I invite you to visit that forum and especially look at the thread, Meet Your Registrars.

The above items are just a few of the many changes made over the last year that the enthusiasts can see. In fact there has been more forward movement of the registry these past 6-8 months then probably the last year or two. I'd say that just this short list shows that that Shelby American is addressing the Registry concerns although you may think we are not.

Unfortunately when it comes to discussing the irons in the fire that the registry has going on behind the scenes right now are ones that can not be discussed publicly, at least not at this time. There are some other threads where we briefly have mentioned our most ambitious project of bringing portions of the Registry online 24/7. We have not backed off that goal and it is still near if not at the top of our list of improvements. Announcements will be made on TS when we are closer to releasing the official details.

One other comment I'd like to address is when you mentioned, "Completing The Registry". You do realize that Shelby American is still producing cars on a daily basis so that completing a Shelby American Registry would not even be possible. I don't think the GT350 owners would like to see a post that says the SAI Registry is completed with a list of just three GT350 owners. The same would apply to SS, Terlingua, 40th, etc owners. How can the registry be completed when we are still producing these cars? Now some of you are going say but the Shelby GT's are done. Well my answer is yes and no. SGT owners are having their cars upgraded with the GT/SC option all the time. How can we claim the SGT's are done when we're still upgrading some of them. And although I'm saying this tongue in cheek I don't recall ever seeing a press release from Shelby American saying that there will never be another SGT after the 2008 model. Please don't anyone read anything into that. I'm just trying to point out that when people keep asking when will the Registry be completed they aren't looking at the big picture.

Todd, everyone at Shelby American appreciates your enthusiasm and of course we thank you for loyalty to the Shelby brand. My above reply is meant to just give you and others a little insight that Shelby American has and is still addressing every aspect of the registry and the concerns shown by the owners.

Feel free to contact me or anyone of our Registrars anytime. I think you'd be surprised at the enthusiasm and dedication we along with you owners have for these great cars.

Steve

Steve,

Good post and thanks for the update. I know that Team 40th guys are a little vocal about the Registry. However, I think that since we were the first post title package and there are so few of our cars they assumed it would not be that big of a deal to put together our registry. What we tend to forget is that there are a lot of other cars as well: Hertz, SGTs, Terlinguas, GT350s & Super Snakes....

It is great that we have 2 full time associates on the job now and once the production ends this year, hopefully we will start to see some progress. Thanks again for the update.

Stuart

Archived