TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When is Shelby Registry going to have the data on how many 40ths are going to be made and how many of each colors, option, convertible, coupes,etc.?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Todd, I have to believe that SA has this information in some sort of data base. They could, if it were a priority, give basic information on colors, verts, coupes, and performance upgrades. For whatever reason, they choose not to release it. It could be as simple as staffing. It really has nothing to do with they are still producing these. SA would have to be in the stone age with their IT to not have access to this.

Welcome to Shelby American or should I say stone age. Where the good chiefs John W, Donnie B and Bud M all went on vacation and are no longer leading the tribe, meanwhile the file cabinets keep filling up and more truth, responsibility and credibility gets swept under the rug. I just read where a base kit Terlingua took 9 months to finish after being told it would only be a couple of weeks. My 40th was at SAI less than 2 weeks and was flawlessly converted by John W and Bud's leadership .Most correspondence was handled that day with complete satisfaction, now you can't even get a straight answer or a reply to an email. I think the stone age has returned to SA.

Roger talked about 40th CSM numbers in another topic last week and said "We do not build after #300 here. One mod center had 301-400 the other401-500."I guess you guys and girls with numbers over 300 from LV really don't exist in the file cabinet. I'm assuming they changed the number program, but Roger did say last week, "do not build after #300."

He also stated the 40th package has always been a 500 unit run. Those of us that have been in this thing from the beginning know the original run was 1000 before the Super Snake package was announced. I tried to clear this up but he insists it has always been 500. I'm confused and don't understand.

Welcome to Shelby American or should I say stone age. Where the good chiefs John W, Donnie B and Bud M all went on vacation and are no longer leading the tribe, meanwhile the file cabinets keep filling up and more truth, responsibility and credibility gets swept under the rug. I just read where a base kit Terlingua took 9 months to finish after being told it would only be a couple of weeks. My 40th was at SAI less than 2 weeks and was flawlessly converted by John W and Bud's leadership .Most correspondence was handled that day with complete satisfaction, now you can't even get a straight answer or a reply to an email. I think the stone age has returned to SA.

Roger talked about 40th CSM numbers in another topic last week and said "We do not build after #300 here. One mod center had 301-400 the other401-500."I guess you guys and girls with numbers over 300 from LV really don't exist in the file cabinet. I'm assuming they changed the number program, but Roger did say last week, "do not build after #300."

He also stated the 40th package has always been a 500 unit run. Those of us that have been in this thing from the beginning know the original run was 1000 before the Super Snake package was announced. I tried to clear this up but he insists it has always been 500. I'm confused and don't understand.

I was told from the biggining that there would be no more then 500 made of the 40th.

I was told last year that there would be only 300 40th made.

So if and when the registry is completed we will know the exact amount etc.

Todd

Those of us that have been in this thing from the beginning know the original run was 1000 before the Super Snake package was announced. I tried to clear this up but he insists it has always been 500. I'm confused and don't understand.

Ding, Ding. Correct-0-mundo as the Fonze would say. The number was originally 1,000 and after SS was announced it was reduced to 500. Those in the know, know.

Ding, Ding. Correct-0-mundo as the Fonze would say. The number was originally 1,000 and after SS was announced it was reduced to 500. Those in the know, know.

Don,

Your absolutely correct!! The original announcements and brochures for the 40th Anniversary Package stated the the production run would be 1000 units. I have the original adds that stated 1000.

As far as the registry issues are concerned, I don't think anyone will see anything for a long long time (if ever). The Shelby institution spent too much money and resources to get control of all registries for some reason that is yet unknown to us, the general public. I have my opinions why, and we will just have to wait and see -- BUT -- don't hold your breath waiting cause you'll turn blue real quick. :headscratch:

snapback.pnggt67, on 26 May 2010 - 08:35 AM, said:

Thanks Roger for clarifying a few things,I appreciate you stepping in. The 40th has not always been limited to a 500 unit run, before you started at SAI it was at 1000. Later, after sales were down they changed it to 500, CSM# 1-300 at Vegas, 301-400 at Tasca and 401-500 at Quantum. This brings up another question, Why are cars coming out of SA now with CSM numbers over 300?

So let me get this correct, if it's the year 2017 and for some reason the value of the 40th going up with the 50th being out and a guy has an old 07 with 125,000 miles and the bumper covers falling off, SA will convert it as long as the run has not reach 500? I may be mistaken but have never heard of any other Anniversary car being built after the anniversary year.

As I said before I regret bringing this subject up but it has been discussed many times off TS forums. Someone had to say it and at my age I don't mind. I enjoy being a Shelby enthusiast and wish only the best.

"I will stick with the 500 number. We do not build after #300 here. One mod center had 301-400 the other 401-500.

You don't hear of an Anniversary car being built after the actual year on pre-title. This is a post title and we controlled the program administration and outline. There will come a day when it closes. When will that be, I do not know. Not my decision. To the condition of the vehicle, no worries on the year 2017 as the world is coming to an end in 2012. wink.gif But condition of the vehicle, any vehicle, upon arrival can be refused for modification. We have done that.

Thanks for being a supporter of the Brand and we appreciate the feedback."

Roger

Congrats on your new 40th Sherri, I really like the work they did under your car after being converted in LV. I guess according to Roger your #417 belongs in Quantum's file cabinet, 401-500. He said we do not build after the number 300 here. I still don't understand what is going on?

snapback.pnggt67, on 26 May 2010 - 08:35 AM, said:

Thanks Roger for clarifying a few things,I appreciate you stepping in. The 40th has not always been limited to a 500 unit run, before you started at SAI it was at 1000. Later, after sales were down they changed it to 500, CSM# 1-300 at Vegas, 301-400 at Tasca and 401-500 at Quantum. This brings up another question, Why are cars coming out of SA now with CSM numbers over 300?

So let me get this correct, if it's the year 2017 and for some reason the value of the 40th going up with the 50th being out and a guy has an old 07 with 125,000 miles and the bumper covers falling off, SA will convert it as long as the run has not reach 500? I may be mistaken but have never heard of any other Anniversary car being built after the anniversary year.

As I said before I regret bringing this subject up but it has been discussed many times off TS forums. Someone had to say it and at my age I don't mind. I enjoy being a Shelby enthusiast and wish only the best.

"I will stick with the 500 number. We do not build after #300 here. One mod center had 301-400 the other 401-500.

You don't hear of an Anniversary car being built after the actual year on pre-title. This is a post title and we controlled the program administration and outline. There will come a day when it closes. When will that be, I do not know. Not my decision. To the condition of the vehicle, no worries on the year 2017 as the world is coming to an end in 2012. wink.gif But condition of the vehicle, any vehicle, upon arrival can be refused for modification. We have done that.

Thanks for being a supporter of the Brand and we appreciate the feedback."

Roger

Congrats on your new 40th Sherri, I really like the work they did under your car after being converted in LV. I guess according to Roger your #417 belongs in Quantum's file cabinet, 401-500. He said we do not build after the number 300 here. I still don't understand what is going on?

Well they gave me #381 when my 40th was build in Vegas last summer so I would say that they must have grabbed some numbers back from Tasca to build my car. I can only assume that means they built more than 300 cars in Vegas.

Bob, if they grabbed some of Tasca and Quantum's allotted numbers, I think that would be going back on some agreement and taking profits away from their partners. The problem I'm having is why Roger said they did not build after the number 300. I guess we could get the tribe together and start looking under rocks. Did you see Sherri has assigned a new secret probation name for me. Any girl that knows what a B 17 is, I must say is flying high in my book.

Bob, if they grabbed some of Tasca and Quantum's allotted numbers, I think that would be going back on some agreement and taking profits away from their partners. The problem I'm having is why Roger said they did not build after the number 300. I guess we could get the tribe together and start looking under rocks. Did you see Sherri has assigned a new secret probation name for me. Any girl that knows what a B 17 is, I must say is flying high in my book.

oops :)

When the 40th program first started, you could pick the number you wanted if it was still available. Granted most people wanted as low of number as possible but others had reasons for wanting a particular number such as sentimental. I know of a couple guys wanted their 07XLxxxx number to be the last digits of their car's VIN# and they got it. I had 3 different numbers before I ended up with 0064. There are many reasons the numbers are all over the place.

When the 40th program first started, you could pick the number you wanted if it was still available. Granted most people wanted as low of number as possible but others had reasons for wanting a particular number such as sentimental. I know of a couple guys wanted their 07XLxxxx number to be the last digits of their car's VIN# and they got it. I had 3 different numbers before I ended up with 0064. There are many reasons the numbers are all over the place.

After reading and monitoring this thread for some time JD that is the most accurate comment I have read.

Roger

According to the response from Roger and other members the conclusion to my questions are.

1 How much longer will the limited 4oth Anniversary Edition run? Till 2012 when the world comes to an end or at the 500 mark, which I don't think will happen.

2 The original run of 1000 units is not true, the Fonze is wrong, has always been 500.

3 CSM numbers 0-300 at LV, 301-400 AT Tasca, and 401-500 at Quantum has been changed, the new number is, LV can give out any number they want.

4 We do not build after # 300 here. Not true, we have #417 and 381 out of LV.

5 When will registy details be out on are cars? Confirmed all is well in the file cabinet.

Guys I have tried getting these answers off the radar and was unsuccessful as Bob and Roger are aware of. I understand most of you don't want to get involved and wish you all well. I'm closing now and going to enjoy my 40th while I can.

Roger, I know I've been a thorn, and only wish you the best. I'm aware your hands are tied and some things are out of your control. Some day soon I hope we will have all the answers.

According to the response from Roger and other members the conclusion to my questions are.

1 How much longer will the limited 4oth Anniversary Edition run? Till 2012 when the world comes to an end or at the 500 mark, which I don't think will happen.

2 The original run of 1000 units is not true, the Fonze is wrong, has always been 500.3 CSM numbers 0-300 at LV, 301-400 AT Tasca, and 401-500 at Quantum has been changed, the new number is, LV can give out any number they want.

5 When will registy details be out on are cars? Confirmed all is well in the file cabinet.

Guys I have tried getting these answers off the radar and was unsuccessful as Bob and Roger are aware of. I understand most of you don't want to get involved and wish you all well. I'm closing now and going to enjoy my 40th while I can.

Roger, I know I've been a thorn, and only wish you the best. I'm aware your hands are tied and some things are out of your control. Some day soon I hope we will have all the answers.

The original number of units to be built WAS 1000. It was marketed and advertised as 1000 units.

After reading and monitoring this thread for some time JD that is the most accurate comment I have read.

Roger

Thanks Roger. I don't chime in offten, but when I do, I will only speak of things I know to be factual and if I give an opinion, it will still be fact based.

Take care,

John

John we all know the beginning # was 1000. I found a thread in the fall of 06 backing this number and I emailed it to Roger two weeks ago. If Roger is sticking with the 500 as he has stated then I'm afraid that is what he will put in the registry for people to read many years from now. If he sticks with 500 then it will be 500. This is why I have been very concerned. At one time all 1000 were full and Amy had a list of 3000 names, this is on page 3 #97 below.

http://www.teamshelb...h-annv-package/

http://www.teamshelb...00/page__st__80

Todd is somewhat correct on the 500, because at the time of the party it was changed from 1000 to 500 because of the SS. Sherri brought up a good point with the 07XL1000.

John, I have been in this thing from day one like you and tried to be part of the party back in late May of 06. I made the mistake of sending an email to John Walker through SAI. (I was unaware at that time that I just had to use JohnW@... ) headscratch.gif At that time you were gathering names I thought it was best to deal with John, as it turrned out I should have had you put me on the list. I screwed up and am still regretting it. banghead.gif After I realized the mistake the two slots you had left were filled.

Will any of this really make a difference in how the registry reads?????

2 The original run of 1000 units is not true, the Fonze is wrong, has always been 500.

3 CSM numbers 0-300 at LV, 301-400 AT Tasca, and 401-500 at Quantum has been changed, the new number is, LV can give out any number they want.

Sure looks like they built more than 300 in Vegas to me.

Unfortunately, I don't own a Shelby.....yet.

I am reading a great deal of frustration in this thread.

Roger, is it possible to allow some of the more "enthused" members or upcoming registrars to come to LV and help put this data in the spreadsheet? If they are being trusted as registrars why not let them get involved elbow deep? Offer them a perk for coming out and helping. Pick up some hotel and ????

I am involved in the SVT groups and one thing is for certain--car enthusiasts are a very dedicated group and will step up to the plate when needed.

Just some comments.....

Tom

Sure looks like they built more than 300 in Vegas to me.

As I said in a previous post here, (and Roger agreed), when the 40th package was first offered (at a thousand units), you could order any 07XLxxxx number you wanted and at that time ONLY Vegas did the builds. Therefore there are probably cars built in Vegas with numbers above 500 but doesn't mean 500 have been or will be built. The numbers were never given out consecutively to begin with. I had 3 different numbers before I settled with 07XL0064.

They very day they announced the 40th package I signed up and they did not call until October 07. Then they wanted to schedule my Super snake package. I told them I was signed up for the 40th a year prior and NOT the SS package. Cynthia fessed up and said they made a mistake-- and I missed out on a early number.

Have a question for all, who is the Founding Father of the 40th package? No, it was not Shelby automotive, no it was not Amy, it was shelbang sending emails to Gary Patterson in Oct. 2006 inquiring about a special plaque or plate for the 07 GT500 and b17drvr was one of the first to respond. Tim certainly did deserve to have a low CSM number like 07XL0001. To bad shelbang never went through with the 40th but all know Tim( b17drvr) did.

http://www.teamshelb...ersary-package/

http://www.teamshelb...pics-from-sema/

That sux Tim!

When I was getting ready to get mine done, the next number was 390 something. I asked Steve if I could have 417 and they left it up to Bud as they said they claimed didn't like to get too far ahead of the next number! I have the emails saying this.

Have a question for all, who is the Founding Father of the 40th package? No, it was not Shelby automotive, no it was not Amy, it was shelbang sending emails to Gary Patterson in Oct. 2006 inquiring about a special plaque or plate for the 07 GT500 and b17drvr was one of the first to respond. Tim certainly did deserve to have a low CSM number like 07XL0001. To bad shelbang never went through with the 40th but all know Tim( b17drvr) did.

http://www.teamshelb...ersary-package/

http://www.teamshelb...pics-from-sema/

Thanks for posting that info. I was starting to think I imagined getting involved early on on the 40th.

I talked to Gary about how excited I was about the package very early on and told them to sign me up. I announced to my local mustang club in Nov. 2006 that I would have have the conversion done and I was one of the lucky ones to get my name in before the allocations filled up (well, it didn't quite fill up like they predicted). Then a year later they call me about a super snake. I was really disappointed.

Even after all that, the car is still very special to me and I'm very happy with it.

The car has brought me some very special friends too. I'm the luckiest guy on the earth. Truly blessed.

Tim

I've been around from the beginning and have a car that was built in the first batch after the first 15. My recollection is that we were told that there would be 1000 built, then it was reduced to 500, then reduced to 300 and now it appears that it is back to 500. I could be wrong, but many of us 40th owners have talked about this at all of the events.... So, I think I'm correct.

Archived