TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When is Shelby Registry going to have the data on how many 40ths are going to be made and how many of each colors, option, convertible, coupes,etc.?

Stuart,

Can you throw us a milkbone, morsel, tidbit, snipit. For example, how many of the 40th's had the gen 1 air splitter? This could keep us going for another three years.

Thanks,

Don

Only the Black cars got the Gen ! splitter! They are the most loved and fastest cars!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don,

The detail you're looking for on the Mark I /Gen 1 splitter is going to be complicated. My car was completed at the end of March in 2008, cars coming out in April started having the Mark II splitters, so it will be a bit of manual calculation and it will never be precise... However, we could come very close to understanding the total produced.

Mike,

You know that Red is the fastest color; don't you.... You are feeling very sleepy, Red is the fastest color; you are very sleepy; Red is the fastest color.....

All,

Good news. Steve is coming back to SAI and will resume his duties as Registrar Supervisor. Roger told me to get with him next week on my list of questions...

Stuart

Mike,

You know that Red is the fastest color; don't you.... You are feeling very sleepy, Red is the fastest color; you are very sleepy; Red is the fastest color.....

Stuart

Oh - I get it...the reference to sleeping...because you're DREAMING!

Don,

The detail you're looking for on the Mark I /Gen 1 splitter is going to be complicated. My car was completed at the end of March in 2008, cars coming out in April started having the Mark II splitters, so it will be a bit of manual calculation and it will never be precise... However, we could come very close to understanding the total produced.

Stuart

Stuart,

What happened with "Oasis". According to Amy SAI in LV had the ability to track this kind of stuff. I don't think the Mod shops were approved before April 2008, so the complicated process of jibing out this sutff shouldn't be an issue. This should be a simple search in the data base.. I might be wrong. I appreciate your follow-up.

Don

Stuart,

What happened with "Oasis". According to Amy SAI in LV had the ability to track this kind of stuff. I don't think the Mod shops were approved before April 2008, so the complicated process of jibing out this sutff shouldn't be an issue. This should be a simple search in the data base.. I might be wrong. I appreciate your follow-up.

Don

Don,

I had asked before and was told that they did not keep records on which cars got which splitters. All they could say is that the switch occurred end of March 2008. Only 4 - 6 months of production SS & 40ths got these splitters. I'll stay on the job.

Stuart

Mike,

Stuart

Oh - I get it...the reference to sleeping...because you're DREAMING!

Actually, I was trying to hypnotize you!!!!banghead.gif

Exactly like the Ford OE splitter, except it is Carbon Fiber.

Corrent. The rumor had it that they did not get the releae for use of the patent and got busted and had to slightly modify it.

• 3 weeks later...

All,

Good news. Steve is coming back to SAI and will resume his duties as Registrar Supervisor. Roger told me to get with him next week on my list of questions...

Stuart

:poke:

Thanks Stuart.

Dan,

Thanks... I know everyone is frustrated... But, I assure you that Steve and Roger are committed to getting the info out to our community. Regards my friend.

Stuart

Just sent another note to Steve. Once he replies, I will get back with everyone.

There's Stuart throwing Steve to the wolves :hysterical:

I don't have any official announcements to make but I will say that Shelby American is committed to the registry. Although bean counters may not always understand the importance of the registry, I can say without a doubt Shelby American management does understand. Improvements to the registry are coming.

Steve

Ok gang, here goes. And naturally it will not satisfy everyone but it is what it is.

Many issues in getting this rolled up. None that would likely interest you. But the short story, I have 5 file cabinets jambed full of files for all the Super Snakes, 40th. Terlingua, KR and since August last year all mod shop modified cars.

None have been entered into the registry with the updates or a spread sheet entry. Just no help to get that task accomplished. We do have interns during the summer. Last year they were only available 1 week of the entire summer. While all of the Hertz information was entered it did not make a dent.

We have also worked on entering the, prior to August 09, Mod Shop files and they are entered and updated. We are working with another potential intern for the summer and looking to have them for a month. I will bet, and I am not a betting man, that with above average data entry skills they may get through 1 file cabinet.

So there you have it, they are not all built, no final numbers to pass along and yes we are working on entering the data. It is not as easy as some make this out to be.

Roger

There's Stuart throwing Steve to the wolves hysterical.gif

I don't have any official announcements to make but I will say that Shelby American is committed to the registry. Although bean counters may not always understand the importance of the registry, I can say without a doubt Shelby American management does understand. Improvements to the registry are coming.

Steve

Steve,

I apologize if you felt that I threw you under the bus--that was not my intent. I know you guys are busy and there is no staff to do all of this work. Please accept my apologies.

Ok gang, here goes. And naturally it will not satisfy everyone but it is what it is.

Many issues in getting this rolled up. None you would likely interest you. But the short story, I have 5 file cabinets jambed full of files for all the Super Snakes, 40th. Terlingua, KR and since August last year all mod shop modified cars.

None have been entered into the registry with the updates or a spread sheet entry. Just no help to get that task done as a top priority. We do have interns during the summer. Last year they were only available 1 week of the entire summer. While all of the Hertz information was entered it did not make a dent.

We have also worked on entering the, prior to August 09, Mod Shop files and they are entered and updated. We are working with another potential intern for the summer and looking to have them for a month. I will bet, and I am not a betting man, that with above average data entry skills they may get through 1 file cabinet.

So there you have it, they are not all built, no final numbers to pass along and yes we are working on entering the data.

Roger

Roger,

Thanks for the update. For me personally, this explains where we are and gives everyone the current status of the 40th Registry. Now I can let everyone know where we stand. I apologize if I have upset you and your team, that was not my intent. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist. We all can empathize with not having the resources to do something--I'm having that very issue at work myself. Regards.

Stuart

Dan,

Thanks... I know everyone is frustrated... But, I assure you that Steve and Roger are committed to getting the info out to our community. Regards my friend.

Stuart

No worries from me. It will get done, just takes lots of time. A little push here and there doesn't hurt, it keeps it fresh and on the desk.

Roger, Steve and the team working on this has all my support. :rockon:

Stuart

I was joking with you on the Wolves part. I sure didn't mean it to come off any other way.

I'm in Los Angeles right now and of course Roger is in Las Vegas. Our two posts just came at the same. Only difference is I'm posting after dinner and Roger is still at work dreaming of what he'll have for dinner.

Everythings fine. And yes all the work our registrars do is much appreciated. :salute:

Steve

Many issues in getting this rolled up. None that would likely interest you. But the short story, I have 5 file cabinets jambed full of files for all the Super Snakes, 40th. Terlingua, KR and since August last year all mod shop modified cars.

None have been entered into the registry with the updates or a spread sheet entry. Just no help to get that task accomplished. We do have interns during the summer. Last year they were only available 1 week of the entire summer. While all of the Hertz information was entered it did not make a dent.

So there you have it, they are not all built, no final numbers to pass along and yes we are working on entering the data. It is not as easy as some make this out to be.

Roger

I am a little confused?

The 40th were the second project done by Shelby in Las Vegas.

Over 3 years and all the info, except for the Hertz Shelby are in file cabinets waiting to be registered into the registry?

So there are no entries in a computer system? About how many have been made so far and how many will be made, coupes, convertible, colors and option,etc for the 40th?

I find this very hard to swallow.

Papers were filed in cabinets and no one computerized the info?

Todd

OK Guys, now I'm somewhat confused. What happened to OASIS. I talked with Amy about this 2 years ago and she indicated that it was happening and would be available. This was suppose to be done for all cars converted at SA in LV.

Archived