TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IW 10% OD Install - Help!

DaFreak

Hi All,

I've tried the Autozone 10" (EOM 27078) and the much smaller adjustable (EOM 27011) 3 jaw crank shaft pulley pullers but I can't get the SOB's to fit. What do I need and where can I get something to fit this b++ch? Your help is appreciated.

DaFreak

I bought a Blue-Point puller from Snap-On that works great on my 4.6 pulley. It's part # YA6490 and says it's an "Universal GM/Chrysler" damper pulley puller.

However, I called OTC to see if they built one for the mod motor and they didn't. They searched their database for me and came up with this Snap-On kit instead, assuring me that it was correct, and it is. Good luck.

Ken

This is what I used to pull that f*cker off! You gotta grab it by the little "wings" on the inside. There are 3 spokes and each of them, close to the hub, have these little "protrusions" that you can grab onto with this 3 jaw puller. I bought this one from www.summitracing.com, but you can borrow it for free from AutoZone, Advanced, O'Reilly, etc. Good luck.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OTC-6667/

Also, you need to consider the fact that you are only gonna use it ONCE, so why buy it?

Good point Justin. I don't have a lot of faith in autozone right now as they have already let me borrow 2 that didn't work. You think they will have this one? I don't see it as an option on their website.

DaFreak

Good point Justin. I don't have a lot of faith in autozone right now as they have already let me borrow 2 that didn't work. You think they will have this one? I don't see it as an option on their website.

DaFreak

Yes, they have it. I borrowed one from there and it ended up being the exact same one that my dumb ass bought from summit racing. I WASTED MY MONEY. I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO THE SAME THING. Trust me. Just go to autozone, advanced, or any of those auto parts stores, and someone will have it...and you can borrow it for FREE. AND, you can get the job done immediately instead of waiting for about 10 days until the one you bought on Ebay finally arrives, you know what I'm saying?!??! Don't you wanna go spin those tires...TOMORROW?

Yes, they have it. I borrowed one from there and it ended up being the exact same one that my dumb ass bought from summit racing. I WASTED MY MONEY. I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO THE SAME THING. Trust me. Just go to autozone, advanced, or any of those auto parts stores, and someone will have it...and you can borrow it for FREE. AND, you can get the job done immediately instead of waiting for about 10 days until the one you bought on Ebay finally arrives, you know what I'm saying?!??! Don't you wanna go spin those tires...TOMORROW?

I do, I do, I do, I do! I'm on it.

DaFreak

I don't recall the shop that did my pulley swap having any issues with pulling it, but they had to custom fabricate something to put the new pulley in place. It seems like it had something to do with getting the bolt start???

Please read everything that I wrote about in this other post and it will give you the information you need...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55607-innovators-west-10-overdrive/

I don't recall the shop that did my pulley swap having any issues with pulling it, but they had to custom fabricate something to put the new pulley in place. It seems like it had something to do with getting the bolt start???

Hey, where in Texas are you? I'm in the Houston area. If you are close, maybe we could meet up sometime.

Let me know how it goes, I'm very interested in how you progress.

Well Justin, I'm f--ked. AutoZone nor any of the other auto parts stores around this area have the correct puller. Guess that's what I get for living in Po Dunk. Want to sell your puller for cheap? :)

DaFreak

Well Justin, I'm f--ked. AutoZone nor any of the other auto parts stores around this area have the correct puller. Guess that's what I get for living in Po Dunk. Want to sell your puller for cheap? smile.gif

DaFreak

Just order the one from Summit Racing. I think it's about 65 bucks. Get it overnighted to you. Then you can get the job done. Sorry to hear you couldn't find it at the auto parts stores. All of them around here have them. I actually need to keep mine cuz I have too much boost now (about 24 PSI) so I'm gonna have to take mine off and put the stock one back on...I'm afraid I'll blow the motor if I don't. But don't worry, you do not need to worry about that cuz you won't be running that amount of boost...you'll be at a safe level of boost.

Not to hijack the thread, but Justindewoody if you do take off your pulley are you going to sell it?? Im interested....

Yes, it's for sale. I've only had it for a week, so it's basically brand new. It cost $799.00 with the belt (required). So, I'd be willing to take $700.00 shipped. If you are interested, PM me with your phone number. Hurry cuz I got 3 other people wanting it, but have not committed to buying it yet. Thanks.

Yes, it's for sale. I've only had it for a week, so it's basically brand new. It cost $799.00 with the belt (required). So, I'd be willing to take $700.00 shipped. If you are interested, PM me with your phone number. Hurry cuz I got 3 other people wanting it, but have not committed to buying it yet. Thanks.

How difficult was it to grind that aluminum tab?

It took less than 5 minutes with a 4" angle grinder w/metal grinding wheel...you can buy one at any hardware/tool store (Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears, etc.). The metal is actually very easy to grind. It's a super simple job.

OK thanks. I've got a friend with an angle grinder. I'll probably do that mod in the very near future.

Archived