TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need quick help on coolant

bonefish

Are you dead set on using Ford coolant? IF so, could not find a part number. If you are swapping out a radiator, consider using Water Wetter as part of your swap. I am installing the Revan Racing radiator today and am using only Water Wetter and distilled water. But I am in San Diego and it does not freeze here as it does in your town. You might inquire how little coolant you need to use, compared to the amount of water, to keep from freezing. The less the better in terms of the cooling properties of coolant vs. water. Good luck.

Jim

I found there is no part number. Just Premium Gold Coolant from Ford. I'll go this way for now...and discuss with the installer the water wetter. I don't drive it in the winter however it does get a little chilly in my garage so, probably best to go this way. Thanks for the info!

As I recall, per the owner's manual for a street driven car the minium mixture is 40% antifreeze. That's right about where I'm at in my car. It provides protection down to about -10. I also added the reccomended amount of water wetter to the mix. Been running this for over a year with no trouble.

I also run the same mix in the intercooler loop.

As I recall, per the owner's manual for a street driven car the minium mixture is 40% antifreeze. That's right about where I'm at in my car. It provides protection down to about -10. I also added the reccomended amount of water wetter to the mix. Been running this for over a year with no trouble.

I also run the same mix in the intercooler loop.

So for us idiots that don't want to do the math, exactly how much coolant did you use? How much water? And lastly, just 1 bottle of WW? Sorry I am lazy and don't want to look the fluid capacities and then use a calculator :headscratch: If you already know that is great info I don't have to figure out. I need to do radiator and intercooler(both stock) for summer.

I just premixed everything in gallon bottles and dumped it in. Math was easy that way. Then I final checked it with an antifreeze tester to confirm the concentration.

Good thinking...I'll do it that way. I can probably use this mixture year round in Houston area. We don't have harsh winters :happy feet:

Yeah..I am sure it was in the book but, me and the car...where about 50 miles apart when i asked..had the car and me been togehter..I would have looked there...first before being a moron and asking...LOL!

I got it as mentioned above and I am good to go!

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Yeah..I am sure it was in the book but, me and the car...where about 50 miles apart when i asked..had the car and me been togehter..I would have looked there...first before being a moron and asking...LOL!

I got it as mentioned above and I am good to go!

Thanks for everyone's replies!

I posted the location of the info,not as a gouge at you for not looking, but to assist those that may not have been able to find it. Ford didn't make it easy since we have basically three manuals to dig through;

1. Mustang Owner's Guide
  2. Scheduled Maintenance Guide
  3. Shelby GT500 Supplement

Sometimes instead of printing the needed info one manual will refer you to another.

I was sure I had read the service interval for the OEM super charger but haven't been able to find it again. :headscratch:

Glad you got your info!

Archived