TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So I think I'm about to get screwed

Ezareth

I'm supersnake94's Dad replying under his name. I am also a salesmanager at a Ford Dealership.

When a dealership orders a vehicle for a customer, a DORA is generated for that vehicle under a customer's name. So a Dora should be available. However, if the dealer does not have allocation for the vehicle, the vehicle will not be built.

Sometimes in cases like this, the dealer will order more vehicles than they have allocation for with the hope of getting extra vehicles.

If a dealer has 5 orders and only allocation for 2, the dealer can prioritize which vehicles will be built, either first come, first served, or to the highest bidder. Sometimes you can get a deal that is "too good" and be left out.

Also, if you order a vehicle, and certain options are "on material delay" the factory will skip that order and build the vehicle that they can.

I hope this answers your question

Regards, supersnake94's Dad

Just got my VIN from my dealers Status Report Sheet.

DLR B S P T Ord T STATUS/RAIL CAR VIN

ORD PR D E N R CD/ R DATE

NO OT AP Y R T M PEP N

- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5500 1 18 SHELBY UA 6D 820A E 05/06 SUB TO PLA 1ZVBP8KS2B5124811

I don't know why they haven't provided a DORA but the question is should I care? Everything they have told me has been matching up to what they originally told me. I now have a VIN in May so the car WILL be built. I should have all the ETA dates this week they said.

What do you guys think my risk is at this point?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much no risk. You'll get your car since you have a VIN. What a relief...huh? B)

Must be a relief for the Salesman too. I told him I'd hate to have to break his kneecaps if he was screwing me. I don't think he liked that very much ( =

Now I'm just feeling Mod-Crazed and I haven't even seen the car yet. Thank God I don't have kids....couldn't offord them due to my toys.

Archived