TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So I think I'm about to get screwed

Ezareth

3 weeks ago today I put $2000 on ordering a 2011 Black SVT Convertible GT500 with a local dealer I've done business with in the past. I negotiated and agreed to a deal that was about $1500 below the MSRP of 60,700. At first they told me their "allocation" didn't have the SVT package available.

The next day they told me they had placed the order and were even able to get the SVT package for me but every time I've tried to get a DORA from them they give me the run around. They have promised me it will be "built sometime in may". I wanted to see if anyone had some actual pictures of a Black SVT with the red stripes on Ebay yet so I started searching and found this:

Ebay

I noticed the location and read below and it is my Car (in a coupe) at their other dealership 15 miles away, the VIN shows it has been built.

What do you guys think I should do? Do you think I'm getting screwed here or do you think this Dealer just got an earlier allocation at his other dealership and didn't mention it to me?

Can someone give me a plausible explanation on why a dealer would not or should not (or can not) give me a DORA at this point?

Thanks for any input.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my undersytandoing is that once Ford accepts the order, they issue a DORA report.Id be a bit suspiciuos because MM said Ford wasnt giving more than 1 alloc to each dealer,dont know if that meant by location or corporate entity--if Ford accpeted your order, he has to have a DORA and if he doesnt,something is amiss.ell him youll be cancelling your order if he doesnt produce the DORA.bob

my undersytandoing is that once Ford accepts the order, they issue a DORA report.Id be a bit suspiciuos because MM said Ford wasnt giving more than 1 alloc to each dealer,dont know if that meant by location or corporate entity--if Ford accpeted your order, he has to have a DORA and if he doesnt,something is amiss.ell him youll be cancelling your order if he doesnt produce the DORA.bob

Another dealership I spoke with said they had 2 dealerships and 1 allocation per dealership.

And yeah it is definately time for me to start playing some hardball with these guys. I'm usually pretty non-confrontational with people but not if they are trying to screw me somehow.

EACH store should get a allocation if they paid thier $2K SVT charge.

The other store getting an early allocation shouldnt have anything to do with your dealers allocation. I was told that Ford wasnt building ANY retail orders until after the OK to buy, but this might be incorrect.

MM

EACH store should get a allocation if they paid thier $2K SVT charge.

The other store getting an early allocation shouldnt have anything to do with your dealers allocation. I was told that Ford wasnt building ANY retail orders until after the OK to buy, but this might be incorrect.

MM

I just called my Salesman and he said the DORA is only available upon "Scheduling" of the order? Is this true? At first he tried to say they didn't offer those any more....he says he's getting all of this information from his "Boss".

MM does it make sense that originally they told me their "allocation" did not have the SVT package available?

I just called my Salesman and he said the DORA is only available upon "Scheduling" of the order? Is this true? At first he tried to say they didn't offer those any more....he says he's getting all of this information from his "Boss".

MM does it make sense that originally they told me their "allocation" did not have the SVT package available?

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever....I ordered my dealerships allocation with a SVT package then took it off when I didn't like the stripes. They said no problem and that convertible/coupe nor svt package have anything to do with it. At worst the order would go in and be put on material hold if there was something missing.

The DORA thing you should be able to get that once Ford picks up the order from the dealers system. Mine happend to coincide with the car being serialized and scheduled but I'm not sure if it always works like that. The DORA is the acknowldgment that an order was accepted by the factory.

I don't belive that is the exact car. I saw that very picture in a magazine today at the Dr. Office. Can't remember which mag although it wasn't Motor Trend.

I concur. It if makes you feel any better Ezareth, the car pictured in the Ebay ad you posted is the car that was at the New York or Detroit auto show.

I concur. It if makes you feel any better Ezareth, the car pictured in the Ebay ad you posted is the car that was at the New York or Detroit auto show.

Yeah I recognized the picture as well, but it IS the exact options they ordered in the picture. It says the car will not arrive for another 2 weeks in the auction.

Originally they told me they couldn't get the SVT package but then said they would ask their regional Ford Rep if they could get it for me and they were able to do so. I don't know if they were trying haggle with me when they told me that or what since that is what I originally wanted. When they told me they couldn't get it I told them it wasn't that important to me and if they couldn't get it to order it without it. I was very firm with them on my pricing and went back and forth with them several times to get what I wanted at the price I wanted.

So it is correct that they can't give me a DORA until the order is scheduled? Can you confirm MM? I don't want to blow up on the guy if he isn't lying to me. They did say their allocation was for "May" and that they couldn't tell me when in May it would be built.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

At first they told me their "allocation" didn't have the SVT package available.

First I've heard of that one - I don't think anyone had trouble ordering the options they wanted last year. I don't believe allocations and options have any relationship to each other. Since you were able to get it added on, probably just a mistake or misunderstanding.

I noticed the location and read below and it is my Car (in a coupe) at their other dealership 15 miles away.

Dealers with the same ownership at different places get allocations for each place from what I gather. Happened already this year.

Can someone give me a plausible explanation on why a dealer would not or should not (or can not) give me a DORA at this point?

It was my understanding that the minute that they put the order in the dealer order bank you can get a DORA. Has nothing to do with the order being pulled by Ford. From the Ford Website "DORA : A verification sent to dealers acknowledging each order placed with Ford"

Just my 2 cents...again, just to be clear - I'm just basing this on my own experiences and knowledge gained from being around these forums. I'm not in any way connected with Ford.

I'd just keep calling the dealer asking for info...I wouldn't assume you're not going to get the car just yet.

3 weeks ago today I put $2000 on ordering a 2011 Black SVT Convertible GT500 with a local dealer I've done business with in the past. I negotiated and agreed to a deal that was about $1500 below the MSRP of 60,700. At first they told me their "allocation" didn't have the SVT package available.

The next day they told me they had placed the order and were even able to get the SVT package for me but every time I've tried to get a DORA from them they give me the run around. They have promised me it will be "built sometime in may". I wanted to see if anyone had some actual pictures of a Black SVT with the red stripes on Ebay yet so I started searching and found this:

Ebay

I noticed the location and read below and it is my Car (in a coupe) at their other dealership 15 miles away, the VIN shows it has been built.

What do you guys think I should do? Do you think I'm getting screwed here or do you think this Dealer just got an earlier allocation at his other dealership and didn't mention it to me?

Thanks for any input.

DORA = ?

DORA = ?

D.O.R.A. = Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement.

Ebay

Thanks for any input.

I would walk in and tell/show the sales manager exactly what you see on ebay, bring the #. Hopefully he has a good explaination and is willing to show you the DORA. If he can't do it, get a lawyer and have them take the dealership to court, don't cut them any slack as many of them will break it off in your azz without thinking twice. If you are wrong, then at least you will have an answer. If they are pulling a fast one, you will win as long as you stand up to them. Sometimes you have to help them to understand a deal is a deal.

I would walk in and tell/show the sales manager exactly what you see on ebay, bring the #. Hopefully he has a good explaination and is willing to show you the DORA. If he can't do it, get a lawyer and have them take the dealership to court, don't cut them any slack as many of them will break it off in your azz without thinking twice. If you are wrong, then at least you will have an answer. If they are pulling a fast one, you will win as long as you stand up to them. Sometimes you have to help them to understand a deal is a deal.

Dude, they are f*cking you.

Had a friend back when the '07s were brand new. Same story. Dealership takes her deposit, they agree on a price. Refuse to subsequntly give her any infomation on the car. Dealership sells a few GT500s and finally calls her. The car (not "her" car - "the" car) is here! Come on down. She gets down there - salesman says $30k ADM. Name of the dealership was Dick Masheter Ford here in Columbus.

Long story short, she declines to pursue it and instead Shelby American gets her set up with a Shelby GT at another dealer as a consolation prize (at full boat of course - wow thanks...)

The bottom line: No DORA means they didn't even place "your" order.

Show up in person and demand the DORA for your order, the VIN, and a copy of the weekly run sheet. That run sheet has the status of every car the dealership has on order. If they say they don't have the run sheet (haha) they can run a transaction against an individual VIN which will report the status of only that car.

If they decline to do any of that, then you've got a choice to make about how hard you want to push.

I'm really sorry you are having problems :cry:

Dude, they are f*cking you.

Had a friend back when the '07s were brand new. Same story. Dealership takes her deposit, they agree on a price. Refuse to subsequntly give her any infomation on the car. Dealership sells a few GT500s and finally calls her. The car (not "her" car - "the" car) is here! Come on down. She gets down there - salesman says $30k ADM. Name of the dealership was Dick Masheter Ford here in Columbus.

Long story short, she declines to pursue it and instead Shelby American gets her set up with a Shelby GT at another dealer as a consolation prize (at full boat of course - wow thanks...)

The bottom line: No DORA means they didn't even place "your" order.

Show up in person and demand the DORA for your order, the VIN, and a copy of the weekly run sheet. That run sheet has the status of every car the dealership has on order. If they say they don't have the run sheet (haha) they can run a transaction against an individual VIN which will report the status of only that car.

If they decline to do any of that, then you've got a choice to make about how hard you want to push.

I'm really sorry you are having problems :cry:

The VIN doesn't exist yet since the car hasn't been built and the VIN isn't assigned until then.

I just don't know if what he is saying about the DORA being generated when the order is scheduled is true or not. If any dealership places an order do they always get a DORA in a week or so or no?

The VIN doesn't exist yet since the car hasn't been built and the VIN isn't assigned until then.

I just don't know if what he is saying about the DORA being generated when the order is scheduled is true or not. If any dealership places an order do they always get a DORA in a week or so or no?

They get a DORA the next business day! To my knowledge: Always. If the dealership does not get a DORA then they have no idea whether or not the order (or change) was accepted.

Even if you don't have a VIN yet you should still see your order on the 'run sheet' I told you about.

My VIN was assigned 3/23 and the car produced on 4/9.

Did they give you a printout of the Vehicle Order Confirmation at least? From my understanding that comes first, gets entered and submitted to Ford for approval then the DORA comes back.

Ok..... This driving me nuts listening to all this speculation. The process is as follows, no exceptions: The dealer will send in an order for your car to Ford once you've told him how you want it optioned, etc. Its an order sheet and they can give you a copy which shows your order # and how your car will be equipped right then and there. Almost always the DORA will come back to the dealership the next business day, possibly sooner, indicating Ford has accepted the order. This does not mean it is scheduled to be built, just that they've accepted it. Next process is the dealership must be given an allocation OK for your car in order for the process to move forward. If an allocation is granted, your dealer will be notified by Ford (via their internal system) that your car is scheduled to be built and at that time a VIN will be issued. Once you're scheduled and a VIN assigned, your car will be built. If your dealer doesn't give you a copy of the DORA, then yes, they are screwing with you and if I were you, I'd bail. My dealer is also one of my best personal friends and I've bought many car from him over the years. He is absolutely truthful with me. I got my DORA sheet on the same day as I ordered the car. (ordered it early in AM and DORA came back that afternoon. He got a verbal acknowledgement from the Ford District Rep. that he had an allocation for my car and about two weeks later he got a communication stating the car was scheduled to be built and a VIN was assigned. I believe my car has now been produced as it went into production 04/06. It shows an ETA of 04/26/2010. Hope this will clear up some of the confusion and speculation flying around on this thread. Wheeee!!!

Not true. I have my VIN and car is scheduled to be produced April 22.

You are correct. The VIN is assigned along with a schedule date. The VIN is assigned BEFORE the car is actually built. Where are these guys getting this information???

Ok..... This driving me nuts listening to all this speculation. The process is as follows, no exceptions: The dealer will send in an order for your car to Ford once you've told him how you want it optioned, etc. Its an order sheet and they can give you a copy which shows your order # and how your car will be equipped right then and there. Almost always the DORA will come back to the dealership the next business day, possibly sooner, indicating Ford has accepted the order. This does not mean it is scheduled to be built, just that they've accepted it. Next process is the dealership must be given an allocation OK for your car in order for the process to move forward. If an allocation is granted, your dealer will be notified by Ford (via their internal system) that your car is scheduled to be built and at that time a VIN will be issued. Once you're scheduled and a VIN assigned, your car will be built. If your dealer doesn't give you a copy of the DORA, then yes, they are screwing with you and if I were you, I'd bail. My dealer is also one of my best personal friends and I've bought many car from him over the years. He is absolutely truthful with me. I got my DORA sheet on the same day as I ordered the car. (ordered it early in AM and DORA came back that afternoon. He got a verbal acknowledgement from the Ford District Rep. that he had an allocation for my car and about two weeks later he got a communication stating the car was scheduled to be built and a VIN was assigned. I believe my car has now been produced as it went into production 04/06. It shows an ETA of 04/26/2010. Hope this will clear up some of the confusion and speculation flying around on this thread. Wheeee!!!

Ok I drove out to my dealer again tonight. He secured a buyers agreement with the amount , car etc on it for my Bank. He also printed out a "Vehicle Order Confirmation" sheet for me.

I has a Order # (5500) Priority: 10 Order Type : 1 Price Level: 115 Order Code: 820A, Customer Name and all of the options and invoice and retail pricing on it. In asterisks at the bottom it says * THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE *

Is this maybe the DORA and they just don't know it?

I'm going to go in tomorrow to buy a new 2010 Fusion for my wife as well. The guy seems honest as hell and I wonder if he just doesn't know all about the process or something.

What do you think MM?

Ok I drove out to my dealer again tonight. He secured a buyers agreement with the amount , car etc on it for my Bank. He also printed out a "Vehicle Order Confirmation" sheet for me.

I has a Order # (5500) Priority: 10 Order Type : 1 Price Level: 115 Order Code: 820A, Customer Name and all of the options and invoice and retail pricing on it. In asterisks at the bottom it says * THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE *

Is this maybe the DORA and they just don't know it?

I'm going to go in tomorrow to buy a new 2010 Fusion for my wife as well. The guy seems honest as hell and I wonder if he just doesn't know all about the process or something.

What do you think MM?

DORA is something different. VOC is just the info that they enter into system - DORA comes back afterwards.

Edit : Here's a link to a thread where Grabber posted pics of his VOC and DORA. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46606-what-is-a-dora-report/page__view__findpost__p__772448

DORA is something different. VOC is just the info that they enter into system - DORA comes back afterwards.

Edit : Here's a link to a thread where Grabber posted pics of his VOC and DORA. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46606-what-is-a-dora-report/page__view__findpost__p__772448

Yeah that is definately my VOC.

So the dealer basically told me they definately have the allocation, I ordered the first 2011 Shelby at their dealership, and their allocation was scheduled for some time in May. I brought up the Shelby the other dealership had on Ebay and he mentioned they sell a lot more Shelbys at that dealership and that his dealership mainly focuses on Commercial trucks.

This guy has been really friendly to me and is taking all these steps to help get my bank lined up, asked me again today about whether I want them to wash it when it comes in (I think they want to take pictures with it) and a couple of the salesmen who walked by stated that they couldn't wait to see it. Is there any reason Ford wouldn't have given them their DORA (it's been 3 weeks) on my order yet? Has this changed at all recently? (since Grabbers 06 order?)

So the dealer basically told me they definately have the allocation, I ordered the first 2011 Shelby at their dealership, and their allocation was scheduled for some time in May. I brought up the Shelby the other dealership had on Ebay and he mentioned they sell a lot more Shelbys at that dealership and that his dealership mainly focuses on Commercial trucks.

This guy has been really friendly to me and is taking all these steps to help get my bank lined up, asked me again today about whether I want them to wash it when it comes in (I think they want to take pictures with it) and a couple of the salesmen who walked by stated that they couldn't wait to see it. Is there any reason Ford wouldn't have given them their DORA (it's been 3 weeks) on my order yet? Has this changed at all recently? (since Grabbers 06 order?)

Ezareth: No.... to both of your questions. The procedure hasn't changed. If the VOC, which you indicate you have, has been initiated and accepted by Ford, the dealer will get a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement ( DORA) which will be sent to them the next business day, by Ford. If they cannot produce the DORA, which will also reflect the same order number as listed on your VOC, then I think you have to question whether the car was ever accepted by Ford. Without the dealer producing a DORA with a matching order number, I think you don't have a car ordered. Even if its lost, they can re- produce a copy. Something is fishy, and be leary. No way it takes three weeks to get a DORA acknowledgement . Something is seriously wrong and as I counseled before, I'd bail and find an honest dealership. Someone is not being upfront with you.... and its not me.

03 reptile is right nothing has changed on the order system with Ford . This is exactly how my 07`was ordered Dora & then VOC. I would be suspicious of the dealer you are dealing ,they should be able to produce these documents (DORA, VOC) Good Luck

Archived