TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My new ride...

ilmor

We picked up our new mini-motorhome!

It's a 2010 Forest River Solera on a Dodge (Mercedes) Sprinter chassis. It has a Mercedes V6 turbo.

Not a lot of power and it doesn't handle but its a lot of fun anyway! :hysterical: Gets much better mpg than the previous campers we've owned, that's for sure. When it breaks in we should see 15 to 16 mpg on the highway.

We've done quite a bit of camping over the years and this year we have a few fun trips planned, beginning w/ Lime Rock at the end of May.

This photo is of me the day I picked it up in Grand Rapids, MI. I flew there to buy it and drove it home.

BobSolara.jpg

We picked up our new mini-motorhome!

It's a 2010 Forest River Solera on a Dodge (Mercedes) Sprinter chassis. It has a Mercedes V6 turbo.

Not a lot of power and it doesn't handle but its a lot of fun anyway! :hysterical: Gets much better mpg than the previous campers we've owned, that's for sure. When it breaks in we should see 15 to 16 mpg on the highway.

We've done quite a bit of camping over the years and this year we have a few fun trips planned, beginning w/ Lime Rock at the end of May.

This photo is of me the day I picked it up in Grand Rapids, MI. I flew there to buy it and drove it home.

BobSolara.jpg

That is really nice congrats !!! I also noticed you live in CT not far from Orange county, NY. Maybe, I stow away in your camper !!! How much car you tow with it. I would love one and just travel the whole USA. You get better gas mileage than my wife Expedition.

Thanks all. We are looking into having some good times with it. It's actually not our first motorhome; we've had a couple in the past. We did the trailer thing most recently but in the end result we really missed having a motorhome. Yes, it does prevent the mods but in return it adds a lot of good family time and memories and another degree of fun.

As for towing, it does have a 500 lb hitch, but I don't think I would want to tow that much with it, especially through any mountains!! It actually has more torque than my 5.4 Expedition but about 100 less horsepower. Not near being broken in yet, it already far surpasses the mpg we got with the Expedition / Trailer combo, although some of that savings will be a little offset by diesel vs. regular fuel prices.

Lastly, its so nimble and small compared to other campers, etc. we've had that it's pretty easy just to take it out and drive it like another car as long (as long as one knows that adequate parking space will be available, that is....)

Grand Rapids MI, should have said something and we could have met for lunch.

Congrats!

Man, that was a whirlwind day...I got up at 4 am, caught a plane, landed around 10:30, dealer picked me up and...long story short ... I didn't get done until around 3 pm, then started driving. I camped at a nice Ohio rest stop about 3 hours east and slept like a rock.

I can't imagine driving something like that after driving the SHELBY.....it would bore me to death! LOL Hope you enjoy it though....sure could have bought a lot more mods for the price of that thing though...

Come on Carl,give him a break. It's pay back time to his wife for buying that Shelby in the first place lol. Seriously , there's no more important time in our lives than family time. With our lives being so busy it's good to get away sometimes . Hope you have many years of quality enjoyment with your family. Let the memories begin.

Archived