TEAM SHELBY FORUM

COLLECTABLE ??? NOT REALLY.

hayburner

If they build 7-12000 each year for 2 years....these things will be all over the place. Maybe collectable in 20 years. Good luck buying gasoline then.

:do what: Wow...............3 posts and so positive already............you know the future then?? Enjoy your hybrid or will they be gone too??? Please do tell...........

How many 69 Mach's were built? When was the last time you saw one? BTW, just looked it up..72458 1969 Mach 1's were produced with a base price around 3300.00 and they're on ebay for 35k-80k. That's pretty good appreciation for a car that was 1 of 72 000. Where as these will be on of 7000/10000/12000. I think we'll be fine in the longrun.

I don't really care what it's worth in 20 years. It'll be worth every penny to me when I'm laying the smackdown on some Z06's at the track..... :happy feet:

Other than the Barrett-Jackson crowd, I don't think those in the market are too concerned with resale. This isn't a car you're going to buy just to profit on in 15 years. This is a car that's pretty much selling itself on the basis of performance, excitement and substance. I think the target market consists mostly of people who are buying the car to enjoy it.............not to use it as an appreciating garage ornament, or a "collector's car" they can sell in 25 years with 40 miles on the clock.

Think of the 03/04 Cobra. They were limited production, but what was the sole purpose of having one?

They looked fantastic, and they ran like no Mustang before them ever dreamed of running. The same holds true with the GT500.

Other than the Barrett-Jackson crowd, I don't think those in the market are too concerned with resale. This isn't a car you're going to buy just to profit on in 15 years. This is a car that's pretty much selling itself on the basis of performance, excitement and substance. I think the target market consists mostly of people who are buying the car to enjoy it.............not to use it as an appreciating garage ornament, or a "collector's car" they can sell in 25 years with 40 miles on the clock.

Think of the 03/04 Cobra. They were limited production, but what was the sole purpose of having one?

They looked fantastic, and they ran like no Mustang before them ever dreamed of running. The same holds true with the GT500.

That sums it up for me exactly Michelle!!!

The ride of my life, com'in up!!!

KingCobra.

Archived