TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trade up for a 2011 GT 500

RACERX009

I'm really thinking of trading in my shelby gt for the 11 GT 500 !!! Reason being that, I love the nose on that car plus it's an animal and all the new tech that comes with it. I love my car but would love the new one outfitted the way I wanted with all those options.

So please give your advice on the topic and I really don't like selling privately unless the person is known to me or has a recommendation. Less headaches just trading it in!!!

Thanks from your forum idiot :drool:

Always thought an SGT was forever.

But I see almost every day this ain't necessarily so.

Everyone has their own agenda.

Good luck as you think about this.

In the end, you gotta drive what makes you the MOST satisfied.

I absolutely agree with your reasoning, the interior alone tempts me and I as well love the front end. I love my Shelby GT to much though, if it was still stock maybe, but it is far from it. To me the Shelby GT will go down as the most special one of this time period, as well as the KR. A GT500 is just a GT500, I love them, but they are just an assembly line car like any other, that is just my opinion, I still love them.

Good luck either way, if it were me I would be all over and SVT Kona Blue, not sure what stripes, Red if available, looks sick.

I have said it before, I will say it again, if I lived down south I would already have it in the garage as my Daily Driver and the modded Shelby GT would be the Garage Queen, unfortunately that is not possible in New England :angry22:

That's a tough one, trust me I thought about trading mine in many times for a 07/09 GT500 but at the end though my "baby" Shelby just has so many goodies on it and the history behind it that I just can't get rid of it besides I love going to auto shows where my SGT just has people confused :headscratch: for they think that the only Shelby is a "Cobra/GT00" untill I bust out the documentations :hysterical: I like the new 10/11 GT500's but I will keep saving my pennies and hopefully when I have a house with a garage I can get another car, for sure the GT500's are bad ass cars with lots of tech goodies and what we most want, POWER :dance:

Ever thought about dropping a blower on your SGT? It's cheaper than a new GT500, it may just change your whole outlook on your ride. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Thanks for all your input even greaser's but remember you can't stare at the tail all day its face that you have kiss to get that ugly tail. I do love the face!!! Believe me, I love my car and tonight was the first local car show. I showed up late and it was packed as usual and lot of stangs and of course the only shelby gt and there was no Gt500's to be found. As always the car draws alot of attention between the hotrod cams and it being a shelby gt but still the GT 500 is an itch that may have to be scratched. If, I did do the trade just about every mod will be replaced to stock and gauges and line lock will be pulled and side mirrors and Piaa lights also the ram air mods. It will depend on my ford dealer we discussed putting car as is on his lot and what he can get for it with mods if that fails then it will get stripped.

As far as color Kona blue with red or orange stripes and every tech and interior upgrade.

But will do automatic trans the knees can't handle any clutch pedal

Believe me its a hard descision to make but will weigh all the options.

I promise to be well medicated and will even bring my therapist with me to make the deal.

Thanks for all your input even greaser's but remember you can't stare at the tail all day its face that you have kiss to get that ugly tail. I do love the face!!! Believe me, I love my car and tonight was the first local car show. I showed up late and it was packed as usual and lot of stangs and of course the only shelby gt and there was no Gt500's to be found. As always the car draws alot of attention between the hotrod cams and it being a shelby gt but still the GT 500 is an itch that may have to be scratched. If, I did do the trade just about every mod will be replaced to stock and gauges and line lock will be pulled and side mirrors and Piaa lights also the ram air mods. It will depend on my ford dealer we discussed putting car as is on his lot and what he can get for it with mods if that fails then it will get stripped.

As far as color Kona blue with red or orange stripes and every tech and interior upgrade.

But will do automatic trans the knees can't handle any clutch pedal

Believe me its a hard descision to make but will weigh all the options.

I promise to be well medicated and will even bring my therapist with me to make the deal.

RACERX009,

Are you planning the auto trans as a post sale mod, because the only stock one offered is the 6-speed manaul Tremec TR-6060.

I thought about selling my car and buying a KR then decided to go ahead and supercharge and install new wheels and tires. My car is about through being modded i hope. Well, my wife hopes anyway. It's very expensive chasing technology. I like going to car shows and cruise-ins and having the only SGT/SC there. If i bought a new Shelby then i would want to mod it like this car . I finally have great looks,handling and power. What more could i ask for. i'm retiring at the end of next year so i wanted to have my car done so i could go to more cruise-ins and car shows. The key is being satisfied. If you like the new cars better and don't mine taking the hit on yours then go ahead. But don't be suprised if you don't get the attention that the SGT's get. If knowone compiimented us on our cars then none of us would drive then. I prefer to drive something different than a cookiecutter car. GT-500's are a dime a dozen compared to our cars. Good-Luck.

I thought about selling my car and buying a KR then decided to go ahead and supercharge and install new wheels and tires. My car is about through being modded i hope. Well, my wife hopes anyway. It's very expensive chasing technology. I like going to car shows and cruise-ins and having the only SGT/SC there. If i bought a new Shelby then i would want to mod it like this car . I finally have great looks,handling and power. What more could i ask for. i'm retiring at the end of next year so i wanted to have my car done so i could go to more cruise-ins and car shows. The key is being satisfied. If you like the new cars better and don't mine taking the hit on yours then go ahead. But don't be suprised if you don't get the attention that the SGT's get. If knowone compiimented us on our cars then none of us would drive then. I prefer to drive something different than a cookiecutter car. GT-500's are a dime a dozen compared to our cars. Good-Luck.

I hear what your saying on the hit trading in But your talking to a guy that traded in his brand new infiniti FX35. I only had it for 3 months this is the longest that a car has been in my garage. My family is shocked, I would be driving home and see a car in a dealership. I show up my family house and father would flip on me but, I love cars and figure you can't own all of them but you can drive some.

The other reason is that my orginal plan was to buy a new stock mustang gt and go crazy with body kits and interior work. But can't do that to a Shelby gt.

The only way, I really won't do this is if an Amc Amx is found and worth restoring or an old pickup that can be modded out. Choice 3 is get back my 2007 infiniti Fx35 as my second vehicle. Now, I know your saying infiniti but if anyone drove one the vehicle handles nice my first one was drop 2 inches and it had the V-6 and is very peppy.It's an animal in the snow many of times it got me to work and home without slip or skid with the all wheel drive that is a true 4wd even used it on patrol we did have a truck so, I drove my around. My wife is a home body so roadtrips is shot and would like something for the winter months

I'm sure something will come my way been looking hard and may do a roadtrip down south to find my Amx. The only major thing is my knee it has severe Arthrisis from surgery. I put a softer clutch in and with a brace it still kills.

I guess it's a pretty tough decision for YOU! Good luck figuring it out...

Thanks and will have to meet up, I like going up to saratoga springs for the day. But before, I got screwed and married that was my major hang out. Young college girls and older rich women and great food!!

Thanks and will have to meet up, I like going up to saratoga springs for the day. But before, I got screwed and married that was my major hang out. Young college girls and older rich women and great food!!

college girls??? older, rich, (lonely) women??? Geez, we can't go wrong there. I'd go right now if I didn't have to leave to go back to work tomorrow.

college girls??? older, rich, (lonely) women??? Geez, we can't go wrong there. I'd go right now if I didn't have to leave to go back to work tomorrow.

The best time to go is now go up on a friday and stay till sunday !! If you do that you have a mix of girls and money honey ladys. I been going there for years the town has everything you need but the past 3yrs they have been putting up new apt buildings a studio is 500,000.00. But you have to see the high end cars that are parked on the street. The cops are cool they never bother anyone and hotels and motels are walking distance if your not to wasted. Plus they have a concert hall and never seen any fights or low lifes around the area.

wow Saratoga, saw many a concerts back in the day up there. August in Saratoga, is great. The track is open and plenty of rich women. :redcard:

I think you will be very disappointed with what you'll get as a trade-in... especially with those mods you have.

I personally would keep the SGT and save for a 2014 model. (50th anniversary)

+1 My thoughts exactly.

wow Saratoga, saw many a concerts back in the day up there. August in Saratoga, is great. The track is open and plenty of rich women. :redcard:

great memorys and my plan to marry a rich older woman failed !! Do to not wearing my raincoat in the rain :cry:

Have you driven a SGT/SC? I think if you feel this power, you might change your mind... Maybe not! :hysterical:

It doesn't really have to do with horsepower but that is a nice thing. I love the way the new GT 500 looks and the interior and tech is my draw. But, I do agree with you guys so hoping my settlement goes through against my job and with the retro check. Also, I finally got the mental strengh to discuss my divorce to my last wife to 2 lawyers. They both said the same thing which, I knew as that is the judge screwed me over. They never heard of someone paying out for a 2 and a half marriage even worse out of a disability pension. If they reverse that order then it's 250.00 back in my pocket plus she has to return all that money plus interest. What really pissed me off as a guy and this happen to men that I know of. They both were married going thru medical school when divorced they had to give money to there ex's for them helping out with there schooling. My lawyer brought that up, I did her reports for college drove her and waited for her when doing interviews for reports on low income people. We went into this neighborhood in the bronx. It was so bad that, I had to walk my wife to the door of the apt with my gun out and then sat and waited for with my gun on my lap. I also had to call the PCT that cover that area to let them know, I was there so if they get a call on a white male with a gun they would know it was me. The judge told me, I'm not intitled to any credit from that because men don't recieved compensation from women. I want extra money go get another job. But, I can't get really pissed off it's are own fault we gave the women the whole cake and they get to eat it too. The law hasn't real caught up for women yet they still seen as innocent victims and your screwed if your a cop or fireman. We are all drunks and cheaters in the courts eye's.

Archived