TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WATER KEEPS LEAKING FROM REAR SPOILER

Everytime I wash "IMOAN" especially at a touch free car wash, to knock off road grim. Water will continously leak out from under the rear spoiler (driver side) corner. I washed her a week and a half ago and each time I open the trunk which has been often, her it comes again leaving water spots. 2010 model GT500.

Anyone else seen this?

Everytime I wash "IMOAN" especially at a touch free car wash, to knock off road grim. Water will continously leak out from under the rear spoiler (driver side) corner. I washed her a week and a half ago and each time I open the trunk which has been often, her it comes again leaving water spots. 2010 model GT500.

Anyone else seen this?

I have a 2010 and use a touchless car wash too.

I get a 'initial' drain when I first open the trunk but that's it. And not much, a line that runs down/up the trunk and drips a few drips. Nothing like what you are reporting...

Phill

I have a 2010 and use a touchless car wash too.

I get a 'initial' drain when I first open the trunk but that's it. And not much, a line that runs down/up the trunk and drips a few drips. Nothing like what you are reporting...

Phill

Thanks Phil,

I bet I have pulled a quarter to a half of cup of water.

Thanks Phil,

I bet I have pulled a quarter to a half of cup of water.

That sounds like a lot.

Mine might be as much as 1/2 ounce. Maybe.

Phill

• 5 months later...

Man, it is still doing it, I can leave on travel for 10-18 days come back, open the trunk and here it comes again.

I used a touchless pressure type wash the last two times I washed my car.

BOTH times I had water INSIDE the trunk, on the back panel. Last time seemed like more than the time before.

But I also said maybe a half ounce to a ounce comes out of the wing. Not anymore. Not nearly as much as yours but I keep my towels in the trunk so I'd open and close it with a change of towels. That sucker leaked every time I opened it and then when I thought it was empty, it leaked more while the car was sitting in the garage and now I have two drip lines running down the rear panel at each corner of the spoiler wing.

I'm thinking about pulling it off and trying to seal it but I suppose you need a air vent somewhere for heat expansion.

It's a pisser, and getting worse (in my case). It MUST have something to do with the wash we use. When I garden hose wash it, I don't get any drips. Well, except the front nose where the two "down tubes" are on either side of the grill. THAT drives me goofy too!

Phill

Archived