TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally finishing the last details...

Blip

Yesterday, I was finally able to get time to finish one of the missing things from my build. As a reminder, my Bunny left Tasca without the sequential tail light wiring installed. I received the kit some time ago, but was waiting for warmer weather to make the switch.

As usual for me, there was a small hitch. During the swap, seems that one of the bulbs burned out, but I didn't catch it until after the install.

Of course I didn't believe it was a bulb issue, so I started switching bulbs around to find a 'bad" wire/connection.

Now my shaped eyed 13 yr old son looked at one of the bulbs and said it was burned out.. I looked at it and didn't think that was the problem,

but.... after swaping it around he was RIGHT. Quick trip to the auto parts store got everything working right.

Love the feature, but the best part was working with my son.

Now just have a few decal issues and correcting what appears to a speedometer error after the 8.8 rear end, with 3.73 gears, swap. Anyone else have that problem?

I also had to correct the speedo error with the Diablo. I also want to get rid of the speed limiter but that needs to be corrected by a new tune I heard.

Here is the fix of the MPH issue, but beware that Astrid's Terlingua has the 20 inch Razors with the wide tires and those have 755 revs per mile.

with the key off and battery fully charged please plug in the Diablo Predator to the OBD2 port under the left side of the dash, then select “PERFORMANCE TUNE” after that a performance disclaimer will appear now you will have to select “AGREE” to continue. You will now be asked to “TURN KEY ON” please do so and then select “CONTINUE” which will bring you to a screen with program options select “CHARGE-COOLED” then select “AIR/WATER” now select “MODIFY TUNE” another performance disclaimer will now appear select “AGREE” and then “MODIFY PARAMETERS” now select “AXLE RATIO” options will appear please select “AXLE RATIO” again, use left and right arrows until “3.73” appears and select “YES” now select “TIRE REV PER MILE” use the left and right arrows until “755” appears now select “YES” and then the esc button on the programmer until “INSTALL TUNE NOW” will now appear on the screen select “YES” you will now be asked to “TURN KEY OFF” do so and press select, now “TURN KEY ON” will display on the screen turn key on and programmer will now write the performance tune.. when it is complete “TURN KEY OFF THEN ON” will display, do so and select “CONTINUE” updated tune is now complete.

Thanks for the infomation Patrick and I also went with the 20" Razor upgrade (using Goodyear F1's at 255/35 so I'll have to figure out the rev's per mile).

Looks like I need to get a tuner or fine a local shop to help.

Tasca has offered to reflash it, but I must remove PCM and ship it to them. However, I just hate messing with electrical/electronic stuff.

See my bulb story above. :headscratch::banghead:

Thanks David. Looks like after I get the mph adjusted, going to put the future upgrades on hold while dealing with the move and then the construction of the new house on the farm.

The S/C install is now probably several years away.

Archived