TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MrFarmdog has a VIN!

mrfarmdog

I got the call from my dealer today!

:banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano:

I will be tracking this one closely! I am hoping this time will move quickly, but not too quickly as I have a lot of work to do in the garage to get ready for the new arrival.

I plan to have over the top stripes put on at the dealer before I take delivery.

A question for the rest of you who have been through this...

What would you ask for from the dealer to get as much documentation as possible? Also I am taking delivery at a different dealership so is there anything that comes to mind that I should watch out or ask for? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Stay tuned for more info.

Congrats MRFARMDOG,

I would get a copy of the order they placed with Ford. Mine had the shipping check list in the car. I left a

spare digital camara with the dealership to get some shots of it when came is you can't be there. I took 2

months and 3 day for me to get my Rag Top. Your gona love it! Post pics when it comes in. Be safe!

:banana piano:

Deja Vu another post. :hysterical: Congrats again!....

I think it was Coldwater that had a list of things to ask the dealer for? I'm not sure of the thread, try PM'ing him. He had a very good list.

Maybe it was Alloy Dave...I don't know. :finger:

Yep on the deja vu. I was so happy I didn't know what forum I posted in. :hysterical:

By the way... Has anyone here actually seen their car on the assembly line being built?

I got the call from my dealer today!

:banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano:

I will be tracking this one closely! I am hoping this time will move quickly, but not too quickly as I have a lot of work to do in the garage to get ready for the new arrival.

I plan to have over the top stripes put on at the dealer before I take delivery.

A question for the rest of you who have been through this...

What would you ask for from the dealer to get as much documentation as possible? Also I am taking delivery at a different dealership so is there anything that comes to mind that I should watch out or ask for? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Stay tuned for more info.

I have a vid of one on the back of a transport truck today maby she was yours?? RT 95 south in NC 1 hr from Greenvill black vert no stripe

Congrats Mr FarmDog whens your build date?

I have to wait till Monday to get my build date. The sales rep said it was not in his system yet and to call customer service on Monday to get it.

The time will fly by farmdog!

Cant wait to see it.

Chris

Yeah Chris we will have to hook up as soon as I get it. Perhaps we can get subguns (in LR) as well. LSR is in St Louis and there is a group up there planning get togethers if you care to make a weekend trip out of it. Could be fun!

Yeah Chris we will have to hook up as soon as I get it. Perhaps we can get subguns (in LR) as well. LSR is in St Louis and there is a group up there planning get togethers if you care to make a weekend trip out of it. Could be fun!

Definitely in for that! A friend of mine in Little Rock undoubtably knows subgun (isn't subgun a GO hardtop), since he emailed me a picture of himself in subguns car. My friends name is Bill Lessenberry and runs a SAAB shop.

Now remember if the wait gets too intense for you I'm only 1 hr and 45 from you. You can always get a fix if you don't mind piloting a red vert.

Chris

Definitely in for that! A friend of mine in Little Rock undoubtably knows subgun (isn't subgun a GO hardtop), since he emailed me a picture of himself in subguns car. My friends name is Bill Lessenberry and runs a SAAB shop.

Now remember if the wait gets too intense for you I'm only 1 hr and 45 from you. You can always get a fix if you don't mind piloting a red vert.

Chris

Absolutely! PM me your contact info and we will hook up! Man I am getting excited now!

Congrats on your vin#. Next step will be sub to plant. Then scheduled.Then Bucked. Then Produced. Then released from plant.Then submitted to foriegn plant. Then released from foreign plant. Then shipped. Then you waite. CS will not give you a build date until it is scheduled. Are you sub to plant yet ?

Some say time will go by fast..............I say WRONG.

Mine was released from plant last friday.

Robert Lane is going to try and find my car at the plant tomorrow and take some photos of it. If he can find it.

Congrats on your vin#. Next step will be sub to plant. Then scheduled.Then Bucked. Then Produced. Then released from plant.Then submitted to foriegn plant. Then released from foreign plant. Then shipped. Then you waite. CS will not give you a build date until it is scheduled. Are you sub to plant yet ?

----question for you all. Is there a customer service number to call for status on an order? I have my vin#.

Thanks,

DH

Chris

So Lessenberry is sending my pics all over.... He told me he wanted it to rub somebody's nose in it. Could that have been you?

He is a great guy and loves hot cars. We exchanged a drive in the Shelby for his 69 Chevelle SS396. Nice ride but I never want to go back to the days of "go straight ahead" performance. I was in High School in 70, 71 and 72 and know there is nothing that compares to what we are driving now.

I am in for a get together somewhere. If we could get to Dallas in April there is another "Laps for Charity" event. I did it last September and there is nothing like laps under the lights on a NASCAR track in a Shelby!

post-3989-1169612053_thumb.jpg

This is a PIC of an entry from the pit area. BIG FUN!

post-3989-1169612053_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
COngrats, mrfarmdog!! It's getting close now! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats Farmdog!!! Great news.

OK pretzel, it's getting to be that time of year...when you should be getting SOME type of info...even if it's just a call from your dealer saying that you're time is coming....I'm really rooting for you now...I think I predicted in an earlier thread (I'm sure SCGT will find it) that you'd get a VIN on March 12th or something like that...and that's still my Karnak prediction.

March 12th will be here before you know it...start lining up mods, getting your bank account ready to withdraw cash, and butter up the wife for spending on such mods. :banana piano:

P.S. I'm getting excited about spring coming...typically we get good "driving weather" in about mid to late April.....about 9 more weeks. :hyper:

Dave

Congrats Farmdog!!! Great news.

OK pretzel, it's getting to be that time of year...when you should be getting SOME type of info...even if it's just a call from your dealer saying that you're time is coming....I'm really rooting for you now...I think I predicted in an earlier thread (I'm sure SCGT will find it) that you'd get a VIN on March 12th or something like that...and that's still my Karnak prediction.

March 12th will be here before you know it...start lining up mods, getting your bank account ready to withdraw cash, and butter up the wife for spending on such mods. :banana piano:

P.S. I'm getting excited about spring coming...typically we get good "driving weather" in about mid to late April.....about 9 more weeks. :hyper:

Dave

According to all the footwork Rob has done for me, I should be getting a better idea of my scheduling sometime around "mid-February". That's when the zone manager is supposed to get her Q2 allocation and scheduling info.

Well this should be my week. Customer Service says sub to plant 2/12-2/19 and estimated arrival at dealer of 2/27-3/6. The arrival date seems awfully close to the build week though. I can't imagine a car would be built and shipped that quickly. This could be mis-information from CS though.

Archived