TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The 1st 2007 Shelby GT Mustang will be auctioned off today

The 1st 2007 Shelby GT Mustang will be auctioned off today at Barrett-Jackson. Make your quess here & then turn on the TV & set it to the Speed Channel to see history in the making & maybe even Amy will be their on TV. :happy feet:

I'm guessing it will go for $550,000 :ohsnap:

Hey CW, I'm guessing $600,000 and that Mr.Ron Pratt will be the successful bidder. :hysterical::hysterical:

Hey CW, I'm guessing $600,000 and that Mr.Ron Pratte will be the successful bidder. :hysterical::hysterical:

Amazing! Your time of entry is the same time it went across the auction block? Hhmmmm

PS: Looks like I wasn't off by much except on Carrolls 1 of 1 Supersnake that went for a WORLD RECORD $5,000,000 :ohsnap: to beat the GM Futureliner bus from last year & it was bought by the same guy, Ron Pratt.... wonder if he is adopting too :hysterical2:

edit: Pratte? Pratt? & Futureliner

The winner got dibs on 2nd VIN GT in WHite too at MSRP LOL! :hysterical2:

Seeing that auction today was really cool. Mr. Shelby is really something. Said he had his Super Snake up to 190 in Nevada and got pulled over lol. The other Super Snake ate its owner. Thats a pretty sobering legacy, but what a car!

KC666

Amazing! Your time of entry is the same time it went across the auction block? Hhmmmm

PS: Looks like I wasn't off by much except on Carrolls 1 of 1 Supersnake that went for a WORLD RECORD $5,000,000 :ohsnap: to beat the GM superliner bus from last year & it was bought by the same guy, Ron Pratte.... wonder if he is adopting too :hysterical2:

edit: PRATTE

Yes, like a 47 year old kid from Nova Scotia, maybe. DADDY :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical2:

and he always waits until the bidding stalls out & then jumps in with his bid & then says..... how bad do you want it buddy :D

If ya got it, flaunt it. I have always felt these guys got more money than brains but I guess it is just relative to how many bucks you have. :hysterical:

Crap, I missed it. I am really surprised but when Pratt is bidding against his buddies, winning is the only thing that counts :hysterical2:

Yeah gotta agree with you there. who knows how much that gt could have gone for if another bidder would have been more motivated, as was the case with the one and only super shelby where pratts compitition the older man sitting with the much younger woman with two young children [perhaps his daughter or wife] bid head tohead with him up to 4.7 million dollars.This losing bidder to me is the one responsible for establishing the new market value of this car.

These prices are just getting outrageous, I'm losing faith in the abilities to decide whats important. A friggen car, painting, or anything else for that matter, going for prices like this is just absolutely insulting to the average Joe trying to make a decent living...... OK , sorry, I'm off my :soapbox: now.

A nice little Tax writeoff, no?

It's unclear. Charitable donations are deductible up to your income level. I doubt the IRS would allow anyone to buy this car as a business expense, so we'd have to assume the person bought this PERSONALLY. Then we'd need to ask, does their personal annual income (less the standard deduction) xceed the purchase price? Then, there's a statement in the tax law that says "if you gained a benefit by making a contribution, see details in the tax code". I've never been in this position, so I have no idea what the code says...but the benefit of being able to get the first of a run of limited production cars OR a 2nd car at MSRP is, in my view, a benefit. Therefore, we'll likely never know how much of a tax deduction this person received.

Edit: Makes me wonder about the legitimacy of writing off the amount some have paid for getting the Carroll Shelby signature on their cars. Hopefully at least everyone is looking at the details I mentioned above to avoid any violation of the tax code....don't want to see anybody get in trouble with the IRS. Let us know what you find out about that "benefit" clause.

Dave

A nice little Tax writeoff, no?

- I'm sure it's a nice tax writeoff.

- I'm wonder if he could have the same tax writeoff by donating directly, instead of pushing inflated prices?

- I'm sure most of the Ford Dealerships are glad to see another justification for high ADM's.

- The donation is a very good thing for the kids that need help. Thats the most important thing he did, more power

to Ron!

It's unclear. Charitable donations are deductible up to your income level. I doubt the IRS would allow anyone to buy this car as a business expense, so we'd have to assume the person bought this PERSONALLY. Then we'd need to ask, does their personal annual income (less the standard deduction) xceed the purchase price? Then, there's a statement in the tax law that says "if you gained a benefit by making a contribution, see details in the tax code". I've never been in this position, so I have no idea what the code says...but the benefit of being able to get the first of a run of limited production cars OR a 2nd car at MSRP is, in my view, a benefit. Therefore, we'll likely never know how much of a tax deduction this person received.

Edit: Makes me wonder about the legitimacy of writing off the amount some have paid for getting the Carroll Shelby signature on their cars. Hopefully at least everyone is looking at the details I mentioned above to avoid any violation of the tax code....don't want to see anybody get in trouble with the IRS. Let us know what you find out about that "benefit" clause.

Dave

Dave - it's purely corporate. With the check written directly to a charitable organization, they are writing 100 percent of that off as a donation, however they are required to declare the "value" of the vehicle (or whatever the purchase) on their "personnel" or "business" tax return.

I do believe that from what I witnessed, the people purchasing the vehicles at this price could probably give a hoot with this type of investment. I guess more power to them. In a way I'm glad they've drawn the type of attention to the hobby/sport they have, however it has an equal number of negative connotations.

HSURB

Archived