TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My '08 GT/CS

i8acobra

Got my '08 GT/CS new in May '09. Currently has 18x9" MB Racing rims, powdercoated black with 275/40-18 Nitto NT-05's. Suspension is Eibach Pro-Kit's (not pictured) and a BMR strut brace while I save for Griggs.Appearance mods include shorty antenna, tinted lights, black gas cap, black painted scoop, a GT500 spoiler and an Elanor style grille. Power mods are limited to a BBK CAI, Borla axle-back and a tune. Car makes 284/306. Right now, it's in the shop getting the full Shelby CS8 front end treatment. I'm keeping the Cali rear bumper and Ford side scoops for a while. I'll swap them for the CS8 side scoops as soon as I have the $$. I'm also replacing my tinted 3rd brake and front and rear bumper lights with clear lights. I have a black rear filler panel to install when it comes back from the shop. Next mod is going to be some sort of over-the-top stripe. here's a few pics:

lrear.jpg

onthedyno2.jpg

frontivv.jpg

elanor.jpg

mustangdyno.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got it back from the shop on Wednesday. The Shelby bumper is extremely thick and heavy. They had a hard time getting it fit correctly. It's off a little, but I'm going to try to tweak it a little. Also, the grille insert was sent to the shop pre-assembled and it wasn't done very well. I'll have to take it apart and try to fix it.

I also swapped out my tinted stock lights for clear front and rear bumper lights with LED's and a clear 3rd brake light with LED's.

Oh, so I got the car back Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night, some kid made a double lane change into my passenger's rear quarter. So, now I'll be getting the Shelby side scoops to go with the front end along with a new rim and tire. I'm also pulling the GT/CS stripes off the side and going withe the CS8 stripes.

Pics:

cs81.jpg

cs82.jpg

cs84.jpg

cs85.jpg

cs83.jpg

Archived