TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 heat exchanger

CANADA GUY

Since the 2011 has a larger heat exchanger ; I am wondering what the size difference is between that and my 2010 and the part number when available and price. ( for an OEM direct replacement. ) Also ; is it worth it; if I just have a pulley with tune and the average summer temp. here is only 70 - 73 and I don't drive too hard ???

Since the 2011 has a larger heat exchanger ; I am wondering what the size difference is between that and my 2010 and the part number when available and price. ( for an OEM direct replacement. ) Also ; is it worth it; if I just have a pulley with tune and the average summer temp. here is only 70 - 73 and I don't drive too hard ???

Hey Bruce! I'm installing the Shelby HE on my car, I'll sell you my '11 stock unit if you're interested. I'll do a pulley and tune next spring. Temps here in Summer can be around 100

It's over $500 and not worth it. You'd still be better off with a fanless Afco and have money in your pocket. Spend a little more and you can gave a dual fan heat exchanger.

... if I just have a pulley with tune and the average summer temp. here is only 70 - 73 and I don't drive too hard ???

Given your description of driving I don't think it is necessary for an occasional romp on the throttle. Keep in mind the 07 Shelby was fully tested in the summer deserts of Nevada and the stock H/E worked fine.

Hey Bruce! I'm installing the Shelby HE on my car, I'll sell you my '11 stock unit if you're interested. I'll do a pulley and tune next spring. Temps here in Summer can be around 100

I AM INTERESTED.PM ME FOR EMAIL. thanks !

Maybe I misread something, but I thought the HE (as in the one in the front of the car) on the 2011 was the same as the 2010, but the HE underneath the supercharger was the one that increased in size???

Heat exchanger in Front of car is 40% larger. Intercooler is under the Supercharger.

Archived