TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Handling package? second opinion

Hi Everyone im new to the shelby family, i have just recently been given a very low mileage 08 shelby gt500 cobra, black with gray stripes. i plan on replacing the sripes with white stripes due to the fact the one of the stripes was taken off previously by a garage door :rant2: thank god there was no damage to the bumper, i also plan on upgrading the shifter knob to a black ford racing shifter and replacin the wheels with Foose wheels and i was thinking about installing the shelby gt500 coupe handling pack. i was hoping for second opinions on all of this. anything is much appreciated :)

Hi Everyone im new to the shelby family, i have just recently been given a very low mileage 08 shelby gt500 cobra, black with gray stripes. i plan on replacing the sripes with white stripes due to the fact the one of the stripes was taken off previously by a garage door :rant2: thank god there was no damage to the bumper, i also plan on upgrading the shifter knob to a black ford racing shifter and replacin the wheels with Foose wheels and i was thinking about installing the shelby gt500 coupe handling pack. i was hoping for second opinions on all of this. anything is much appreciated :)

You'll get more feedback probably if you go into the 07-09 GT500 Mods subforum. But I'll answer a few things here. I have the FRPP handling pack and like it. Mine is a vert, so it lowers a little more than the coupe, but definitely looks much better off dropped. You'll need to make sure to get an adjustable panhard bar too to recenter the rear (otherwise, once dropped, you could have one wheel sticking out and the other one tucked in a little). I may have one for sale soon as I'm considering switching to a Fays2 watts link in place of the panhard (I'm on the fence right now on this). With regards to the Foose wheels, just make sure you check the backspacing, as I thought alot of the Foose wheels won't clear the front brembos on the gt500. I'm no expert though, just an FYI. If you're changing to the black shifter, i'd recommend the full short throw shifter. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I changed mine when i did the TSB. I love it now.

I put 20 inch Foose rims on my 07 Shelby GT.The problem with the foose rims is the valve stem is in the center of the rim.I put the shortest valve stem i could find and it barely misses the stock caliper so i would imagine it would be even closer on a 500.Check before you buy.

I put 20 inch Foose rims on my 07 Shelby GT.The problem with the foose rims is the valve stem is in the center of the rim.I put the shortest valve stem i could find and it barely misses the stock caliper so i would imagine it would be even closer on a 500.Check before you buy.

these are the Foose rims in question http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013007

You'll get more feedback probably if you go into the 07-09 GT500 Mods subforum. But I'll answer a few things here. I have the FRPP handling pack and like it. Mine is a vert, so it lowers a little more than the coupe, but definitely looks much better off dropped. You'll need to make sure to get an adjustable panhard bar too to recenter the rear (otherwise, once dropped, you could have one wheel sticking out and the other one tucked in a little). I may have one for sale soon as I'm considering switching to a Fays2 watts link in place of the panhard (I'm on the fence right now on this). With regards to the Foose wheels, just make sure you check the backspacing, as I thought alot of the Foose wheels won't clear the front brembos on the gt500. I'm no expert though, just an FYI. If you're changing to the black shifter, i'd recommend the full short throw shifter. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I changed mine when i did the TSB. I love it now.

thanks mike, whats the biggest difference between the shifters?

i would assume its just a lot smoother,

Shelby's are better with Shelby wheels but to each his own

Archived