TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horsepower Chip Upgrade

I understand there is a chip upgrade available to increase horsepower. When I asked The Shelby Store for input they responded that they do not carry a chip for the 07 GT-H but that some owners have bought them thru other manufactures. They suggested I post a note to see if anyone has had this experience and can share the answer. You guys got something for me?? G

I understand there is a chip upgrade available to increase horsepower. When I asked The Shelby Store for input they responded that they do not carry a chip for the 07 GT-H but that some owners have bought them thru other manufactures. They suggested I post a note to see if anyone has had this experience and can share the answer. You guys got something for me?? G

It's a technicality. I am not aware of any performance chips anymore, because chips (proms) are not used to change the tune car a performance car nowadays. You now change/modify the factory tune by connecting a hand-held tuner to the car's data port. The performance tune is then uploaded which overwrites the factory settings. The Shelby (store) does not sell tuners.

If you do a search on the Shelby GT/GT-H modifications forum above, you will fine TONS of info on the different tuners. Most go with the SCT X3 Tuner, but you can get this through different vendors which will load different tunes based on any modifications you have made to your specific car. I got mine through BAMA Chips and have been perfectly happy. They have just formed an agreement with American Muscle for the sale of these. Others have also gone through Brenspeed to get their X3 Tuner. They probably tune just as well, so there are options. Once you get your tuner, you just plug it in to the port below the dash and follow instructions. Very simple process. Good luck on your modifications!

Archived