TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Parts

I'd like to get a real carbon fiber heat extractor for the hood on my 2010. Anyone know where? Not interested in the "faux" stuff. Thanks.

I am also interested. I asked Jay Tucker (JLT) and he doesn't have one yet.

I'm trying to hold off on purchasing my hydrocarbon interior and exterior pieces for a bit hoping a true CF hood vent will come in, and possibly a CF wickerbill/Gurney flap.

I've already decided on the Tru Fiber front and side splitters and rocker panels and am HOPING (hint hint, Jay) that they will start making a 2010 CF hood vent.

So I eagerly awat any information on the subject.....

Phill Pollard

raceskinz carbon fiber , i have front splitter on order should be ready this week, i know they are working on the heat extractor give them a call speak with terill or mike

Hmm. Interesting.

Is it a "skin" like the rear valance or is it a complete part (front spoiler as well)?

Thanks,

Phill

Take a look at this Lethal is a excellent shop. I believe that they take OEM parts and coat them to look like carbon fiber. It might be better that real carbon fiber, because most carbon fiber part are made with cheap resin that fades and goes to shit over time. I watched a thing on the Zr1 and there carbon fiber parts are made with a resin that cost $60K a gallon, but they are not suppose to go to shit like most aftermarket parts. Carbon fiber is not my deal but hope this helps. I know that lethal has most of the parts that you are looking for made just like the heat extractor. They do group buys also if you can find enough people that are interested.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2010-shelby-gt500-accessories-exterior-dress-up-hood-side-scoops-c-5711_5712_5713_5719/lethal-performance-2010-gt500-hydro-carbon-hood-vent-p-30193

Take a look at this Lethal is a excellent shop. I believe that they take OEM parts and coat them to look like carbon fiber. It might be better that real carbon fiber, because most carbon fiber part are made with cheap resin that fades and goes to shit over time. I watched a thing on the Zr1 and there carbon fiber parts are made with a resin that cost $60K a gallon, but they are not suppose to go to shit like most aftermarket parts. Carbon fiber is not my deal but hope this helps. I know that lethal has most of the parts that you are looking for made just like the heat extractor. They do group buys also if you can find enough people that are interested.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2010-shelby-gt500-accessories-exterior-dress-up-hood-side-scoops-c-5711_5712_5713_5719/lethal-performance-2010-gt500-hydro-carbon-hood-vent-p-30193

I agree with you.........figured I could spend the ridiculous amount of money for real carbon fiber on some more useful go-fast items. I'm just waiting to see the heat extractors on one of our cars first (preferable a Sterling Grey one)!!

guys i have been dealing with raceskinz for about a month , the site is in updating process, but talking to terrill in person i was very impressed with his buiness and products i have been waiting for my front difusser but they have contacted me on the stages of the product and when it will be ready i just spoke to terrill about 4 days ago and he e-mailed me ,when you call somestimes there are different option to choose from just take your time and they will pick up and there product is real carbon fiber with oem specs

guys i have been dealing with raceskinz for about a month , the site is in updating process, but talking to terrill in person i was very impressed with his buiness and products i have been waiting for my front difusser but they have contacted me on the stages of the product and when it will be ready i just spoke to terrill about 4 days ago and he e-mailed me ,when you call somestimes there are different option to choose from just take your time and they will pick up and there product is real carbon fiber with oem specs

+1 I've been dealing with them for over a year and have always received fantastic service. They are a great outfit with some really great products in the pipeline.

Just a quick update. No response from Raceskinz yet.

I am happy to let you know that the extractor vents are available for 07 to 09 GT500 we just released them 30 days ago, and it is a replacement part

the 2010s will be available after the Fabulous Fords Show

That is way better than the factory plastic. Nicely done!

DaFreak

Thanks freak im real happy with it i believe it was called east coast carbon works i saw there add on e-bay for there part refinished it was like 209. it was december here it Pittsburgh so i just popped mine out [very easy] and shipped it from work and they did it for 150. had it back in less than a week they put 4 coats of paint on it dont remember how many were clear but you can wax it i cant remember the owners name but very cool to deal with and kept his word about the turn-around time. there the one who did the lethal shelby. Nick

Archived