TEAM SHELBY FORUM

89 CSX - For Sale

dwtn

I have an 89 CSX VNT for sale. It has been in a garage but not really used. It has low original miles, approx. 35K. It does have the Recaro seats and the wide tires. It is no. 281. Both the front & rear dams need some work but the paint is in good shape.

I am not sure what this car is worth. If someone could please help me with that and where the best place to sell it, I'd appreciate it. I do have pictures if needed.

Thanks.

I have an 89 CSX VNT for sale. It has been in a garage but not really used. It has low original miles, approx. 35K. It does have the Recaro seats and the wide tires. It is no. 281. Both the front & rear dams need some work but the paint is in good shape.

I am not sure what this car is worth. If someone could please help me with that and where the best place to sell it, I'd appreciate it. I do have pictures if needed.

Thanks.

dwtn, Welcome to the Team Shelby Forums. Glad you found us.

Most Shelby Dodge cars sell on average between $500 to $5,000 depending on the conditon and if any of the unique Shelby parts are missing/broken.

You have a few things going for yourself that should bring an above average selling price. Those things are the low mileage and that your car is one of the two optioned equipped CSX cars. You also are in luck that the 1989 CSX seems to be the second most desirable Whittier built car after the 1986 GLHS.

Now with that said it would be hard to say how much more above $5,000 your car is worth without seeing it in person or at minimum viewing some pics.

Things like the Recaro seats showing wear, missing fiberide wheels, interior cut up for aftermarket stereo, modified engine, missing dash plaques, clearcoat fade, etc. will all play a role in determining the cars ballpark value. Basically the further the car goes away from factory stock the lower the price starts heading.

The next step is to post some pics or send me the pics and I'll post them. From there we can figure out a price range for your car and then where to advertise it for the most exposure.

Steve

Thanks.

Please post some pictures

• 5 months later...

I think this is DWTN's '89 CSX posted on Craigslist:

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2006974340.html

It looks to be in good shape, although it appears that the front air dam is missing.

Well if it is he's misleading buyers. 1989 Shelby CSX #281 is NOT a factory wide tire car. #281 is a Recaro car which makes it one of 215 with Recaro's.

Looks to be a decent car but $10k is going to be tough especially if the front air dam is missing.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Well if it is he's misleading buyers. 1989 Shelby CSX #281 is NOT a factory wide tire car. #281 is a Recaro car which makes it one of 215 with Recaro's.

Looks to be a decent car but $10k is going to be tough especially if the front air dam is missing.

Steve

Not to hijack the thread but Steve can you tell me if my CSX #91 came with the factory wide tires? Its a Recaro car and when i bought it, it had 225s on the fiberides but not sure if that was original.

Thanks!

Chris

Archived