TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a favor from a KR Owner

Rarecat

I'm looking at buying a set of struts/shocks/springs that are supposed to be stock KR parts. I'm hoping that a KR owner here could take a look under thier KR and write down the part numbers from thier springs or shocks. I just need a sample from one side, front or rear to confirm the numbering convention and tag color for these parts.

Thanks!!!!

Frank

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they FRPP or specially developed parts by SVT/FRPP for the KR?

Are they available to non-KR owners???

I'll try to answer this the best I could. I believe the sway bars on the KR are thinner than ones that come on the GT-500. I also believe it's different from the FRPP sway bars that you'd get for the GT-500. Same may apply for the springs.

As for availability, anyone can purchase FRPP parts.

The only parts that are exclusive to KR owners are:

18" Alcoa "KR stamped" rims

Engine dress up caps

Carbon fiber splitter (I call it a chin spoiler)

Carbon fiber hood

Hood locks

Dash plaque

Fender tag

Floor mats (SGT owners share the same mat)

Every other part can be purchased through Shelby, SVT, or Ford.

I don't have the part numbers and the seller is being somewhat evasive, which is why I need something to go on. I had my Ford parts guy try to look them up and there was no specific listing for KR suspension parts. I was hoping someone might be kind enough to help a guy out and take a look for me.....

I'm looking at buying a set of struts/shocks/springs that are supposed to be stock KR parts. I'm hoping that a KR owner here could take a look under thier KR and write down the part numbers from thier springs or shocks. I just need a sample from one side, front or rear to confirm the numbering convention and tag color for these parts.

Thanks!!!!

Frank

There's been a few sets on EBAY. The tags all have KR on them if that helps. I've got a set coming for my car actually and I'm now in search of the swaybars.

Here's the parts numbers they had on them:

8R3V-5310-KR FRT SPR

8R3V-5560-KR RR SPR

8R3V-18045-BA FRT STRT

8R3V-18080-BA RR SHK

Thanks Mike

I'll try to hop over to the parts bin and find out

Front sway bar part number SAI 5482 KR (guessing the ford number would be 8R3V 5482 KR)

Robert are the KR suspension parts available?

Shelby part number below for shocks and springs but the ones listed above are the correct Ford number and is what is actually on the parts themselves.

Front spring SAI 5310 KR

rear spring SAI 5560

Front strut SAI 18045KR

rear shock SAI 18080KR

Rarecat, are you looking at buyfordracing.com? by chance? they offer the KR springs shocks and struts.

I've been looking at Performance Parts, Inc.

http://www.PerformancePartsInc.com

Looks like they are offering the exact same stuff.....

You guys think these parts are legit?

Front sway bar part number SAI 5482 KR (guessing the ford number would be 8R3V 5482 KR)

Robert are the KR suspension parts available?

Shelby part number below for shocks and springs but the ones listed above are the correct Ford number and is what is actually on the parts themselves.

Front spring SAI 5310 KR

rear spring SAI 5560

Front strut SAI 18045KR

rear shock SAI 18080KR

Thanks for the front sway bar number, can you also get me the rear?

Thanks Mike

The rear sway bar is the same one used on the gt500.

Are you sure? I read the following from a GT500KR test so I was under the impression it was different.

Balance was a major goal so in some cases stiffness was reduced where it meant better performance. “We reduced the diameter of the rear sway bar for just the right grip under power coming out of a corner, “ said Kerry Baldori, SVT chief vehicle engineer. “That is just one example of the amount of tuning that went into engineering the KR chassis”.

Are you sure? I read the following from a GT500KR test so I was under the impression it was different.

Balance was a major goal so in some cases stiffness was reduced where it meant better performance. “We reduced the diameter of the rear sway bar for just the right grip under power coming out of a corner, “ said Kerry Baldori, SVT chief vehicle engineer. “That is just one example of the amount of tuning that went into engineering the KR chassis”.

yup rear sway bar is the same only the front is different

I find it odd that no one will help you.<_<

Not like the old days of StangsUnleased.

It's not that we're not willing to help, it's just that it's a pain in the butt to go crawling under a car looking for part #'s.

If my car was up on a lift, that would be a different story. Our parts are not top secret.

I'd like to clarify the intent here and make sure that I did not cause any misconceptions. I've done business with Jim Dingle of PPI for decades and I consider him, his company and the parts they sell to be completely top notch. My only goal in this exercise was to validate that the shocks and struts that are being offered (by multiple sources, including PPI) are the real deal and indeed different than the stock GT-500 bits. Documenting these part numbers will valuable information for the entire community going forward.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this effort.

Frank

yup rear sway bar is the same only the front is different

Not according to the KR Window Sticker (CSM 08KR0011):

SVT Tuned Suspension

Revised Front and Rear Springs

Performance Tuned Front Struts

Performance Tuned Rear Shocks

STIFFER FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS

Strut Tower Brace

Also noted in the article in Shelby Driving Machines it shows the front replacement sway bar vs the OE sway bar with the caption:

Ford Racing's sway bar for the KR is larger in diameter and non-adjustable.

HTH,

Phill

Not according to the KR Window Sticker (CSM 08KR0011):

SVT Tuned Suspension

Revised Front and Rear Springs

Performance Tuned Front Struts

Performance Tuned Rear Shocks

STIFFER FRONT AND REAR SWAY BARS

Strut Tower Brace

Also noted in the article in Shelby Driving Machines it shows the front replacement sway bar vs the OE sway bar with the caption:

Ford Racing's sway bar for the KR is larger in diameter and non-adjustable.

HTH,

Phill

The rear sway bar is the same.

Only the front is different

Struts and springs are different too..

I have the complete build up list with all part numbers for every part used to upgrade the gt500 to a KR.(no change in the rear sway bar)

The KR does not use the ford racing suspension.

The front sway bar in/used in the KR is actually a lighter bar/thinner walled sway bar then the standard gt500 sway bar.

The rear sway bar is the same.

Only the front is different

Struts and springs are different too..

I have the complete build up list with all part numbers for every part used to upgrade the gt500 to a KR.(no change in the rear sway bar)

The KR does not use the ford racing suspension.

The front sway bar in/used in the KR is actually a lighter bar/thinner walled sway bar then the standard gt500 sway bar.

Well my next question is how do I get my hands on one?

Thanks!!!!

Frank

Got my KR stuff today and installed. Perfect ride and height for me. Now lets see if I can find a sway bar...

Got my KR stuff today and installed. Perfect ride and height for me. Now lets see if I can find a sway bar...

Any photos?

As to the bars, I purchased H&R's from Maximum Motorsports. Pricey, but a superior bushing and in a larger diameter than all the rest.

Tob

Any photos?

As to the bars, I purchased H&R's from Maximum Motorsports. Pricey, but a superior bushing and in a larger diameter than all the rest.

Tob

Here's a couple pic's. After a longer ride today it's definitely bumpier/stiffer, however if you like that feeling this setup does a good job of keeping livable for daily commutes. Also 18's would be even softer.

Thanks Mike

post-11481-127136838116_thumb.jpg

post-11481-127136839589_thumb.jpg

post-11481-127136838116_thumb.jpg

post-11481-127136839589_thumb.jpg

Mike, I assume you got it realigned, yes? If so, what specs? Stock?

I'm looking forward to the install - I'm just waiting for the sway bars from Maximum to come. I never wanted the drop that the FRPP kit provides. Too low, as pussyfooting to avoid damage isn't something I'd look forward to being concerned about. The KR drop is almost just right.

Tob

Archived