TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Beware of Thieves!

Well after a year of sickness and the car sitting for over a year, I finally got the beast on the road. The WX was perfect today for cruising.

The center caps are held in by a snap ring circumferencing the inner dust shield teeth. It takes one second to pull them off, so if you park your car and leave it unattended, take the caps and lock them up. These caps I am sure would be a prize possession for a thief.

Well after a year of sickness and the car sitting for over a year, I finally got the beast on the road. The WX was perfect today for cruising.

The dust covers are held in by a snap ring circumferencing the inner dust shield teeth. It takes one second to pull them off, so if you park your car and leave it unattended, take the caps and lock them up. These caps I am sure would be a prize possession for a thief.

Dust covers?

Are you talking about the center caps on the wheels?

I used to own a 1970 Pontiac Formula Ram-air III and the air filter assy was so rare and expensive, I would take it off and put it in the trunk if I was parking the car where I couldn't see it for more than about 20 seconds!

Yer right, crooks will take advantage of a easy buck in a heartbeat.

Phill

Dust covers?

Are you talking about the center caps on the wheels?

I used to own a 1970 Pontiac Formula Ram-air III and the air filter assy was so rare and expensive, I would take it off and put it in the trunk if I was parking the car where I couldn't see it for more than about 20 seconds!

Yer right, crooks will take advantage of a easy buck in a heartbeat.

Phill

Phill,

Yes, center caps. I edited the thread. That was a bad to the bone rare Bird you had. I too had a 1980 Indy 500 Trans Am Special Edition and all four center caps were stolen.

Archived