TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Air Duct Kit

My new car looked like it was missing the Air Duct Kit. The dealer is "looking" for it. My question is could I get one from SHelby or even better have the dealer get one? I know it's probably hard to get Shelby parts.

You already have the bezels in place on the lower grill. You can either have the dealer order the kit from Ford Racing, or from Shelby. You may see it sooner by ordering yourself, and presenting your dealer with a receipt for reimbursement. I had to do that to get my missing floor mats...but my dealership was on the flakey side.

Congratulations on your new BLUE KR! I'm loving my black one; just hard to keep it pretty. The blue should be a little easier. :)

My new car looked like it was missing the Air Duct Kit. The dealer is "looking" for it. My question is could I get one from SHelby or even better have the dealer get one? I know it's probably hard to get Shelby parts.

The car in the photo and listed in your sig line is *not* a KR, it's a GT500.

The KR's came with the FRPP air duct kit in the trunk, the GT500's DO NOT.

And if you have bezels in your grill, perhaps it has a air ducting kit already installed and the dealer needs to look under the car for it???

I'm puzzled.....

Phill

I sold that one. And not to be rude but If anyone owns a GT500 and doesn't know what a KR is, they should own a Camaro :]

And if you have bezels in your grill, perhaps it has a air ducting kit already installed and the dealer needs to look under the car for it???

I'm puzzled.....

Phill

This maybe a dumb question but are the mats special to this vehicle? Unlike the GT500 that is just plain?

You already have the bezels in place on the lower grill. You can either have the dealer order the kit from Ford Racing, or from Shelby. You may see it sooner by ordering yourself, and presenting your dealer with a receipt for reimbursement. I had to do that to get my missing floor mats...but my dealership was on the flakey side.

Congratulations on your new BLUE KR! I'm loving my black one; just hard to keep it pretty. The blue should be a little easier. :)

Im not a 100% sure about the mats because when I opened the trunk I was looking for the box. I do remember seeing the license plate bracket in there but they might have been on the mats. You mean a little plate like 1inch by 3 inches just at the corner that say Shelby?

Yes they are. There is a metal Shelby Tag on the edge of the mat. Are you missing those too? They should have been in the trunk with the air duct kit.

Scotty,

These are the things that should be included in your KR.

-Brake duct kit (in a white box)

- Shelby floor mats (front only)

- Navigation DVD (If car is equipped with navigation)

- SVT build certificate (In a white envelope)

- KR supplement owners manual

- Shelby window sticker

That's all I can think of at the moment. You can purchase the brake duct kit, floor mats, navigation DVD, and shelby window sticker.

As of this writing, you cannot get the SVT certificate. I'm not sure about the KR supplement owners manual. Have the dealer reimburse for the missing stuff that came with the car.

Look in this section everyday and wait for Robertlane to post about the "missing" master cylinder cap. They only have a few left so you need to contact shelby as soon as you see them offered for sale. Also, if you want a 2nd set of 18" KR alcoas (highly recommend you do so), contact Wendy at Shelby and place your order ASAP.

Don't forget to Register your KR here: http://registry.teamshelby.com/

Oh, one last thing....if you're not already a "Team Shelby member", join now. You'll get a discount on the Alcoas and some other nifty items.

The car came with everything but the Brake duct kit. Thanks for the info.

Scotty,

- Shelby window sticker

That's all I can think of at the moment. You can purchase the brake duct kit, floor mats, navigation DVD, and shelby window sticker.

As of this writing, you cannot get the SVT certificate. I'm not sure about the KR supplement owners manual. Have the dealer reimburse for the missing stuff that came with the car.

Look in this section everyday and wait for Robertlane to post about the "missing" master cylinder cap. They only have a few left so you need to contact shelby as soon as you see them offered for sale. Also, if you want a 2nd set of 18" KR alcoas (highly recommend you do so), contact Wendy at Shelby and place your order ASAP.

Oh, one last thing....if you're not already a "Team Shelby member", join now. You'll get a discount on the Alcoas and some other nifty items.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm puzzled.....

Phill

Does anybody have the model number for the brake duct kit and the cost if purchased from Shelby or Ford Racing. Just trying to get information before I give the dealership the news that it might be missing. Thanks

SGT1197

Scotty,

- Shelby window sticker

In my searches for KR's this is my bible when finding KR's. I am also finding KR's being put out to pasture or being moved outside .... a terrible thing to do.

- Wheel lock

- Front KR floor matts

- 2 Window stickers on car Ford/SHELBY

- Box in trunk with air ducts and tubing for front brakes

- SVT certificate

- KR addendum to owners manual

- Form/application to order a KR watch

- Form/application to order a KR poster

The cars come equiped with Ambient Lighting .. HIDs and the GT500 Trim pkg ... a must.

The cars also can come with either the shaker 1000 or NAV ..... Most will come with one or the other

Congratulations on your purchase !!

Mine did not come with wheel locks or lock lugs.

In my searches for KR's this is my bible when finding KR's. I am also finding KR's being put out to pasture or being moved outside .... a terrible thing to do.

- Wheel lock

- Front KR floor matts

- SVT certificate

The cars come equiped with Ambient Lighting .. HIDs and the GT500 Trim pkg ... a must.

The cars also can come with either the shaker 1000 or NAV ..... Most will come with one or the other

Im not a 100% sure about the mats because when I opened the trunk I was looking for the box. I do remember seeing the license plate bracket in there but they might have been on the mats. You mean a little plate like 1inch by 3 inches just at the corner that say Shelby?I didn't know we should of had a front license plate bracket included with the car. I would never install it, but if it should of have been included I would like to have it.

- Wheel lock

- Front KR floor matts

- SVT certificate

Mine came with all that stuff, but I have the shaker 500 instead of the 1000 or nav. I wanted one with the 500 because of the 70 lb. savings over the 1000.

[i didn't know we should of had a front license plate bracket included with the car. I would never install it, but if it should of have been included I would like to have it.

I may have an extra front license plate bracket. If I do, it's yours.

MustangScotty...

I have a BRAND NEW KR Air Duct Kit for the front brakes (2008 GT500KR) still in the Ford Racing box.

My wife was concerned that the ducts would be a new home for the field mice next door when our 7-year old cat wasn't lookin (heehee).

Wanna make me a reasonable offer ??

UncleRon

Archived