TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Mustang with Billet Grille

rush_junky

I've seen this car advertised on TV. Obviously, I love the grille; however, wish it would've stayed unique to the '66 GT-350 and Shelby GT.

post-23984-127026988979_thumb.jpg

post-23984-127026988979_thumb.jpg

I've seen this car advertised on TV. Obviously, I love the grille; however, wish it would've stayed unique to the '66 GT-350 and Shelby GT.

That's the MCA (Mustang Club of America) edition Mustang. Different grille, different front air dam, and a couple of other specific items to distinguish it from other Mustangs.

Doesn't the 2011 California Special share this same grill?

Could be. shrug.gif I haven't seen a 2011 C/S yet. I'm supposed to see one at the end of the month, so I'll know then, if not sooner.

I'm ok with it. It is, after all, a classic Mustang grille. Anyway, ours are Shelbys - the others arent't!! :happy feet:

This grill, well a bad plastic version (which this might be again, anyone know?) was offered as part of the V6 appearance parts from at least 2007 forward. I have the Ford Parts brochure at home and can't put my finger on it right now but I saw one on a car at a dealer and upon inspection of it found it to be plastic like the normal Mustang grill only shaped like ours and painted silver. :redcard:

I really like the GT/CS model and although I do not like the rear end that great, it would have been a good model for another Shelby Conversion inaddition to the GT 350 by adding an aftermarket upfitter cosmetic package through Ford that is simply applied on the assembly line similar to the GT 500.

I think this is a nicely executed car.....

GG

This grill, well a bad plastic version (which this might be again, anyone know?) was offered as part of the V6 appearance parts from at least 2007 forward. I have the Ford Parts brochure at home and can't put my finger on it right now but I saw one on a car at a dealer and upon inspection of it found it to be plastic like the normal Mustang grill only shaped like ours and painted silver. :redcard:

Oh yes, that's true...I had forgotten about that!!

I really like the GT/CS model and although I do not like the rear end that great, it would have been a good model for the Shelby Conversion rather than the GT 350 by adding an aftermarket upfitter package through Ford.

I think this is a nicely executed car.....

GG

I like it too and I agree that it would have made a great base for the GT-350.

The 2010 mustang has been out for awhile now and it has not won me over . The 05-09 is by far the most pleasing to the eye . The Shelby GT is the perfect car and i am glad Ford did not take the CS and turn it into a SGT . I think Ford is trying to take the retro out of the Mustang a little @ a time. I was @ a Ford dealer the other day and the Mustang GT's don't stand OUT from the standard V/6 models .The GT's are a little boring to me.

The 2010 mustang has been out for awhile now and it has not won me over . The 05-09 is by far the most pleasing to the eye . The Shelby GT is the perfect car and i am glad Ford did not take the CS and turn it into a SGT . I think Ford is trying to take the retro out of the Mustang a little @ a time. I was @ a Ford dealer the other day and the Mustang GT's don't stand OUT from the standard V/6 models .The GT's are a little boring to me.

I agree I was at my local ford dealer and I could not tell the v-6 stangs from the v-8's until I walked around the back to see if it had dual exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree I was at my local ford dealer and I could not tell the v-6 stangs from the v-8's until I walked around the back to see if it had dual exhaust.

The new 2010 V6 with the pony package looks great.

But I think they didn't do much with the 2010 GT's because they will be worth little as soon as the new 2011 GT comes out!

I didn't have a full photo but I was in that silver 2011 Mustang

and here's a photo of the new rear view side mirror and the wide angle portion it has

post-24985-127117788095_thumb.jpg

post-24985-127117789129_thumb.jpg

post-24985-127117788095_thumb.jpg

post-24985-127117789129_thumb.jpg

they dont have the "GT" badging on the fender anymore?

Nope. V6 cars get nothing (as before) and the GT's now have 5.0 badges on them like the fox bodied Stang's did.

Archived