TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Airbag returned

Carl Bishop

The airbag cover I sent off for Mr. Shelby's autograph was turned around in less then two weeks once received at CSCF. I couldn't be any happier, but I was very lucky, I sent a disposable camera, they snapped only one picture, it came out pretty good and the flash worked!

MrShelby.jpg

CarrollShelbyAutograph.jpg

Now if SA could finally figure out when they'll provide the SGT certificates I'll have all the doc's I need to make up a matted display. :censored:

I'll be swapping the covers this weekend.

I purchased a new airbag, came in looking like a dang pretzel.. I made a claim through the Post office, had to surrender the bag etc.. So far ZIP!

The Post office is doing its best to blow it off and now I am without an airbag to send to SAI !!!!!!!

GNB

• 1 month later...

The airbag cover I sent off for Mr. Shelby's autograph was turned around in less then two weeks once received at CSCF. I couldn't be any happier, but I was very lucky, I sent a disposable camera, they snapped only one picture, it came out pretty good and the flash worked!

MrShelby.jpg

CarrollShelbyAutograph.jpg

Now if SA could finally figure out when they'll provide the SGT certificates I'll have all the doc's I need to make up a matted display. :censored:

I'll be swapping the covers this weekend.

got mine back yesterday,,very nice ,,,also bought a new air bag cover to send,,with a disposable camera,,,only took two weeks,,they said Mr.Shelby comes in once a week now and does the Autographs.049345-R1-00-25A.jpg

049345-R1-00-25A.jpg

got mine back yesterday,,very nice ,,,also bought a new air bag cover to send,,with a disposable camera,,,only took two weeks,,they said Mr.Shelby comes in once a week now and does the Autographs.post-12534-127379750955_thumb.jpg

Congrats. I did the same thing a couple months back. The instructions said to label your parts, and I 'm glad I used blue masking tape as you did. I didn't plan it that way, but my name shows in the photo. Proof positive that it's my panel. It's not that I didn't trust the Shelby Foundation, or Mr. Shelby, but any skeptics on this end are quickly silenced by the photo!

Having the autograph and photo certainly doesn't mean Mr. Shelby and I are on a first name basis, but nevertheless, I feel a bit of a connection on this end. I was recently joking with a friend that all I have to do is touch the airbag panel to pick up some "Shelby DNA" and I shift smoother and quicker, and my right foot gets heavier! happy%20feet.gif I would encourage any SGT or GT 500 owner to do the same.

Archived