TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello gang

Poisnus

Hey gang,

I just joined the forum and wanted to stop by and say hi. The wife and I are in the market for a Mustang convertible and our search has lead us to the GT500. We are going tomorrow and looking at a '08 with 2k on the clock. If it checks out hopefully I'll be sitting in it in the garage this time tomorrow night :shift:

Anyway, look forward to meeting all you fine folks.

James

RSD

Hey gang,

I just joined the forum and wantred to stop by and say hi. The wife and I are in the market for a Mustang convertible and our search has lead us to the GT500. We are going tomorrow and looking at a '08 with 2k on the clock. If it checks out hopefully I'll be sitiing in it in the garage this time tomorrow night :shift:

Anyway, look forward to meeting all you fine folks.

James

RSD

James, very cool - I'm excited for you!! happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Post up some pictures of that puppy and... watch out for the Indiana State Patrol run'n around in the Mustangs. :rant2:

James, very cool - I'm excited for you!! happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Post up some pictures of that puppy and... watch out for the Indiana State Patrol run'n around in the Mustangs. :rant2:

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I am all too familiar with the ISP and the Mustangs. My daily commute had me on the interstate or toll road.

Here is a pic of the Shelby. Stripes would be in order.

1ZVHT89SX85178460.jpg

Good luck David.... ya musta been up late worrying about your upcoming purchase judging by the time of your first post. When ya get that baby home and want to start the mods there are plemty of helpful and knowledgeable folks on here.

Drive safe!

It's a buyers market right now so hopefully you can pick that Shelby up for a great price.

Phew, boy!

Don't tell the folks at Phil Long Ford/Motor City in Co. Springs CO that!

I went in yesterday and they have a Black on black GT500 with a ADM of FIVE THOUSAND ($5,000.00!) dollars on it!

I told the guy "you won't get that" and he said "ya never know"...

He's right of course....ya never know!

Not from *this* kid, they won't. I got mine from them at MSRP and NO ADM was my line in the sand.

Crazy, I tell ya,

Phill

Well I got up this morning and called that dealership. Appearantly someone had put a down payment and was picking it up today.

So we are looking again. We are eyeing a 2010 Grabber Blue GT500 but the wife wants a convertible but she loves this car. We will see. I'll keep everyone updated.

James

RSD

Well I got up this morning and called that dealership. Appearantly someone had put a down payment and was picking it up today.

So we are looking again. We are eyeing a 2010 Grabber Blue GT500 but the wife wants a convertible but she loves this car. We will see. I'll keep everyone updated.

James

RSD

If your going to have to wait just get a 2011 you'll be much happier in the long run! Just mu .02 cents

Mike

Alright, we are now proud owners of sweet little Shelby :happy feet:

We spent about 6 hours last night on the net and found a 2009 GT500 convertible about 200 miles from the house at a Ford dealer in Michigan. The car had 187 miles and never titled, a phone call first thing to confirm they had it and a little road trip up there and I was driving back home in it after signing the paperwork.

I think we got a good deal on it. We paid $43k for it. She is Ebony and #229 of the 555 convertibles and #97 of 222 in Ebony. It had the strip delete and the very dark grey GT500 at the bottom.

Car is a blast. I was smiling a the way home. Cant wait to get to meet you fine folks and spend some time here on the forum away from diesel performance company.

I'll add some pics hopefully tomorrow.

James

RSD

Alright, we are now proud owners of sweet little Shelby happy feet.gif

We spent about 6 hours last night on the net and found a 2009 GT500 convertible about 200 miles from the house at a Ford dealer in Michigan. The car had 187 miles and never titled, a phone call first thing to confirm they had it and a little road trip up there and I was driving back home in it after signing the paperwork.

I think we got a good deal on it. We paid $43k for it. She is Ebony and #229 of the 555 convertibles and #97 of 222 in Ebony. It had the strip delete and the very dark grey GT500 at the bottom.

Car is a blast. I was smiling a the way home. Cant wait to get to meet you fine folks and spend some time here on the forum away from diesel performance company.

I'll add some pics hopefully tomorrow.

James

RSD

Congratulations on your purchase James, and welcome to the Shelby family. We look forward to seeing your pictures, but one question...has the $#!+ eating grin come off your face yet?

Don't worry if it doesn't; it's perfectly normal. It will happen everytime you get behind the wheel of your Shelby. hysterical.gif

Grin is still plastered all over my face :shift:

I ordered a few parts for it last night, JTL Cold air and SCT tuner, Shelby billet shifter with white knob and sequential tail lamps. Looking at KR mufflers for a more agressive bit.

James

RSD

Grin is still plastered all over my face :shift:

I ordered a few parts for it last night, JTL Cold air and SCT tuner, Shelby billet shifter with white knob and sequential tail lamps. Looking at KR mufflers for a more agressive bit.

James

RSD

Sounds like a great Shelby! Any pix?

Sounds like a great Shelby! Any pix?

Just the ones I grabbed at the dealership. I was going to snap more today but right after I washed the car, the wife hoped in and away we went, lol.

13918339848_251324809_IM1_13_565x42.jpg

13918339838_251324809_IM1_03_565x42.jpg

Grin is still plastered all over my face shift.gif

James

RSD

The KR mufflers are the perfect mufflers for the car, go for it (them).

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the new car. Love the color.

You will definitely like the KR mufflers. Easy to install and sound great!

Yes install was very simple. They sound awesome. It was just the right rumble without being over bearing. The wife even gave her stamp of approval.

James

Archived