TEAM SHELBY FORUM

help me decide

call911fm

:sos: ok ladies and gents i need your all's opinion here .... :banghead:

i have been on this site for almost 2 years and have read some great stories and now i'm working on mine.

i am going to purchase a new car within the next 6 months and cant seem to make up my mind . :shift:

should i go with a blk mustang gt premium with all the bells and whistles ,

or should i get a blk gt/cs with all the extra body moldings and striping ?

i plan on a few mods but nothing real fancy only due the fact that i dont have the cash to drop on other mods.

so this is my delimma . nothing serious and i wanted to get everyone's opinon because you all already HAVE one of these cars and want to make the right choice and keep it forever .

i really like the look of the gt/cs and that's what i am leaning towards but is the extra money worth it ?

also does anyone know if they are going to make them for 2008 ?

ok i'm done , i'm just glad you all are here . :stats: my wife helps by saying " i dont care what you get , but just remember you're stuck with it for a long time so get what you want the first time cause' i dont wanna hear u wine " :baby: lotta love there ...lol

thanks everyone ..will be looking foward to hearing from all of you

this site rocks :rockon:

phil from kentucky :headspin:

i have been on this site for almost 2 years and have read some great stories and now i'm working on mine.

i am going to purchase a new car within the next 6 months and cant seem to make up my mind . :shift:

i plan on a few mods but nothing real fancy only due the fact that i dont have the cash to drop on other mods.

so this is my delimma . nothing serious and i wanted to get everyone's opinon because you all already HAVE one of these cars and want to make the right choice and keep it forever .

i really like the look of the gt/cs and that's what i am leaning towards but is the extra money worth it ?

ok i'm done , i'm just glad you all are here . :stats: my wife helps by saying " i dont care what you get , but just remember you're stuck with it for a long time so get what you want the first time cause' i dont wanna hear u wine " :baby: lotta love there ...lol

Californea edition by far. I work for a ford store and those are the hottest cars .. two tone leather .. and lots of other goodies to set it apart.

All i would do else is to get a shelby like rear spoiler and your good to go. I just dont like the factory spoiler

dond

Asking our opinions on this is like asking us to help you pick out a tie!

You're the one paying for it and driving it - you should make this call yourself. :happy feet:

We love them both.

I bought the GT because I wanted to personalize it - my way.

If you mostly want a turn-key car - jump on the CS.

There is no "wrong" decision here - they both Rock. :shift:

Keep us posted, you hear?

Ruf -

post-4913-1169151800_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1169151800_thumb.jpg

Buy the GT/CS. The only reason I didn't get one is because they didn't have it in a silver color.

Check out this car:

post-6180-1169176811_thumb.jpg

It's basically a GT/CS with the black FRPP wheels and spoiler delete. I love the way this car looks, clean, simple and down right evil. You could do the same by adding the wheels and swaping out the trunk lid for one without the spoiler. Or just switch the spoiler for the one off the GT500, that would look sweet too.

They are both great cars. My Wife and I own a GT/CS and love it. It is a 2007 model run only.

See, I'd have gone for one Rob but the dang thing isn't available in Satin Silver, Tungsten or Alloy. :banghead:

Now I'm considering doing a front end swap with a GT/CS front clip.

How about a Shelby GT instead?

Just a thought.

How about a Shelby GT instead?

Just a thought.

i was thinking that too a couple months ago until i talked to a dealer who told me the markup would be at least 15,000 over sticker price of 36,000.

no thanks !

i'll stick with something close to what i can afford .

someday i'll have a shelby

i was thinking that too a couple months ago until i talked to a dealer who told me the markup would be at least 15,000 over sticker price of 36,000.

no thanks !

i'll stick with something close to what i can afford .

someday i'll have a shelby

Yea, but don't listen to the first yahoo. Call/shop around. You never know what might happen. There are some dealers left out there that will work with you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and anything is possible.

I like the looks of the CS, but what attracted me to this year's Mustang was the retro look. That being said, I'm a fan of solid color interior and exteriors, blues and blacks, so that's what I went with. It's all personal preference, it'll look great to everyone else either way, so just make sure it looks great to you.

Don't know if this helps any but I had the same issue. I went with a full blown all option except auto Black GT. The reason being is if you add one modification to the GT/CS it will take away from the value, secondly I can't justify the additional 1300.00+ option for the side scopes, lower bumper insert, two tone interior (Which I do not like the door panels look very cheap with the light plastic, JMO) and two black stripes that take away from the lines of the car.

It doesn't matter none of the Mustangs are going to be worth anything more unless it's a Shelby and even those will go down in price, unless you place into a storage unit and bring it the Barret Auto Auction say in like 25 Years.

I'd rather pay the difference in a set of Lowering springs, shocks, subframe connectors and other goodies. Or just buy the MAC exhaust Headers, prochamber and axle back for the 1100.00 and you'll see the GT/CS in the side window as you pass by. LOL

RUF,

For the look your wanting I've been told and seen first hand a set of Eibach Pro in front and Eiback Sport in the Rear will make your car sit level. I've not installed springs on my car yet but I think I'm going to go with the Sport line for the stiffer ride and lower stance or I may just buy the Eibach CoilOver so I can set it where I want it, don't know yet time will tell.

post-7015-1169232910_thumb.jpg

post-7015-1169232986_thumb.jpg

post-7015-1169232910_thumb.jpg

post-7015-1169232986_thumb.jpg

you guys are all helping me out thanks !!

i know the reg gt is the most logical choice even more with an x-plan and i can add the upgrades into the financing ( right ? )

i just like the look of the front clip .

even more since they wont be making the gt/cs in 2008 which i will most likely have to order since most of the 2007's will be gone.

also i have read many opinions on the cdc shaker and i really think they make the car look mean . i know it dont really help the performance much but is the look worth 800.00 bucks ? hard to decide too .

as you all can tell i have thought alot about this for a long time and really want to get what i want the first time .

ok i'm done .....lol :redcard::stats:

thanks all :headspin:

It all comes down to what you want don`t let us decide for you . Go with what think is best for you. After all you are the one that has to live with it. GOOD LUCK

If you really like the Shelby GT, then call around to smaller dealerships and see if you can get an MSRP deal. At MSRP it's only a few thousand more than the GT/CS and already has mods done by SAI. The work may be frustrating, but if you can find a deal it'll be all the more sweet for many years to come.

Hey man. Glad to see someone else reppin' Kentucky. That, and it looks like you live not even 10 minutes away from me! That's awesome.

It's personal taste. I'd go out and look at a GT/CS, then a GT. You can make either the way you want to, so it's all good. Personally, I love the way the GT/CS's look, but people's GT's (cough RUF's cough) look down right nasty, and by that, I mean beastly.

Whatever you want brother, I'll still roll with you.

Holla

Ruf, I said used the term nasty in the sense of, "Oh man, that Rufstang pulled away from me something nasty". To make a long story short, yes it is. It's good, it's very good :D

Hey man. Glad to see someone else reppin' Kentucky. That, and it looks like you live not even 10 minutes away from me! That's awesome.

It's personal taste. I'd go out and look at a GT/CS, then a GT. You can make either the way you want to, so it's all good. Personally, I love the way the GT/CS's look, but people's GT's (cough RUF's cough) look down right nasty, and by that, I mean beastly.

Whatever you want brother, I'll still roll with you.

Holla

where u at in ky ? erlanger are myself .

Archived