TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC-35 Olypiad

hotrodric

http://www.saac.com/.../info-olym2.pdf

I tried to get in, but I think I may be an alternate. Looks like it would be tons of fun :happy feet: , I guess I will have to be satisfied with 3 days of track time :shift:

I am in. Read the last line - April Fools!

April fools? The whole thing? Na, cause it was announced and posted before April 1st.

Okay, I'm confused now. headscratch.gifconfused.giffool.gifbanghead.gif

I know, your not surprised.

I agree, I don't get it. One clue is they said the winner would win a "2010" GT350. I guess we'll know tomorrow.

:banghead: This whole deal was an April Fools hoax....it's all over their forum over at SAAC.... :censored: I didn't find it funny at all. Sportscars, I'm very sorry about your son's disappointment.

My son will get over it. I did embelish his distress a bit for effect on the SAAC forum. I see now that SAAC is famous for April fools jokes and quite honestly should have known better than to buy into it.

My stance on the whole matter is that when the entire hoax is played out BEFORE April 1st, then it is not an April Fools joke, it is a hoax. I also believe that a fine line was crossed here because they didn't just post a fake contest. They emailed people and told them they had made the list (I do have my email from Rick Kopec BTW) and that more details would follow. It would have been better to tell people they were "backups" or something.

I thought briefly about it being an April Fools prank, but because I got my confirmation BEFORE April 1st, I dismissed that possibility.

The entire issue has caused some friction in my house with my wife and my son, but in the end we will all get over it and I am not bitter or angry. It was ment in fun and even if it did cross the line I don't believe there was malice in Kopec's heart.

Quite honestly, it was disappointing though.

My stance on the whole matter is that when the entire hoax is played out BEFORE April 1st, then it is not an April Fools joke, it is a hoax. I also believe that a fine line was crossed here because they didn't just post a fake contest. They emailed people and told them they had made the list (I do have my email from Rick Kopec BTW) and that more details would follow. It would have been better to tell people they were "backups" or something.

I agree with you. This was all done before April 1st.... their forum goes back into mid March. So, I didn't see it as an April Fools joke as well... hope your son understands and all is well soon....I think it was a mean prank to pull on people....but oh well...

First clue was 2010 GT-350!

Second Clue, too good to be true (come on did you really think they are going to only allow 20 participants @ $250 each and give away a 75k+ car that doesn't exist)

:hysterical:

First clue was 2010 GT-350!

Second Clue, too good to be true (come on did you really think they are going to only allow 20 participants @ $250 each and give away a 75k+ car that doesn't exist)

:hysterical:

Well, they said this was a Top Gear BBC TV show deal where American drivers had been challenged by the TV show drivers, so yeah with the show footing the bill, it was possible. Oh, and they also said the GT 350 was a prototype or test mule or some such thing, so possible again....this was very well done, just not funny IMHO

Archived