TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My car build is imminent!

Looks like we are in the same run.

Torch 40th and John Keller are also in this run.

It will be a party in Vegas when we all meet to pick them up!happy%20feet.gif

Torch 40th and John Keller are also in this run.

It will be a party in Vegas when we all meet to pick them up!happy%20feet.gif

Stacy must be there too. His VIN is 2 numbers lower than mine.

Looking forward to the party!!

Anyone here know someone who can track railcars?

ETTX904559

This used to work...might be worth a try:

When the cars finally start moving, most of them will move by rail. They will be transported to a railroad distribution center, where they will be offloaded and parked, and then be parked, awaiting over-the-road hauling.

These rail distribution centers are all over Canada and the U.S.

I've compiled the web addresses of the railroads and their distribution centers:

CSX Transportation (formerly Conrail):

http://www.csx.com/?...tomers.tdsi_gis

CPR (Canadian Pacific Railroad):

http://www8.cpr.ca/c....ve/default.htm

UP (Union Pacific):

UP: Automotive Facilities

NS (Norfolk & Southern):

http://www.nscorp.co....ve/Facilities/

BNSF Railway:

BNSF Prospective Customer - Consumer Products - Automotive

CNR (Canadian National Railway):

http://www.cn.ca/en/....e-autoport.htm

KCS (Kansas City Southern Railway):

http://www.kcsouther....system_map.pdf

A&S (Alton & Southern; switching railroad company in St. Louis)

Alton & Southern

When your car is finally loaded onto a train car (called AutoRack), a railcar number will be assigned. Your dealer can call the Dealer Business Center and get the actual railroad company and the railcar number. The DBC can also provide the railyard that will receive your car. Once you have those pieces of info, you will be able to track your car as it moves thru the country.

All of the railroads listed have a tracking system in place. An online one for customers and a phone-in one for everybody else. The phone numbers are in the links I provided. You can call them up, give them your railcar number, and they can tell you where your car is and what the ETA is.

Once the vehicle reaches the railyard, it will be unloaded and "bayed", awaiting over-the-road transport. The phone numbers to the distribution centers are in those links as well.

AND, the over-the-road haulers that serve the particular distribution center you're looking at are listed as well. You can take the name of the hauler listed, Google them, and come up with a phone number if you desire.

John

Well, some people can just call the number and get called back without leaving a message... :headscratch:

Others like me leave messages for days and do a whole lot of this- :waiting:

I guess just build it any way you want guys....what does being the customer matter in giving my input? :hysterical:

Now Michael, don't make me do this to you- :finger:

Still, I was getting worried that the original stuff I asked for is what SA would do when they recieved the car, but, just talked to Roger, and I feel much better. He assured me all owners will get a phone call to go over final build decisions before they turn a wrench...

Not that Im fickle, its just more than a few things have changed on this car's design...it confuses me to give me choices! :hysterical:

Now Michael, don't make me do this to you- :finger:

Still, I was getting worried that the original stuff I asked for is what SA would do when they recieved the car, but, just talked to Roger, and I feel much better. He assured me all owners will get a phone call to go over final build decisions before they turn a wrench...

Not that Im fickle, its just more than a few things have changed on this car's design...it confuses me to give me choices! :hysterical:

Warren

Please expand on "its just more than a few things have changed on this car's design.."

Thanks

MM

Well, some people can just call the number and get called back without leaving a message... headscratch.gif

Others like me leave messages for days and do a whole lot of this- waiting.gif

I guess just build it any way you want guys....what does being the customer matter in giving my input? hysterical.gif

Just call Bud. He always answers, and if you miss him he'll actually call you back.

ohsnap.gif

Uh, never mind.

:finger: Sean! But Im sure he is missed there!

Thanks, Roger. Good talk and info...still need to figure a few details out on what I want, but a lot of these things have a way of just working out. Im still second guessing going with the Shaker 1000 in my GT500....from 2008. :hysterical:

MM- My main question was the new brochure "appeared to have 2 seperate interior upgrades, and I needed clarification, but Roger gave me the lowdown. One interior for the base GT interior, and the premium interior gets a different upgrade...hence the 2 different listings under options. Then the NA v SC argument is ongoing.... The stripes all the way down werent "exactly" put into option, but I remember hearing it would be.

Archived