TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What tech articles would you like to see?

We need your input on what kind of tech coverage you'd find useful. With StangsUnleashed in possession of four Mustangs, there's a whole lot of different things we can do. What would you find helpful? Are there any specs you have trouble finding when working on your Stang? Tell us!

We need your input on what kind of tech coverage you'd find useful. With StangsUnleashed in possession of four Mustangs, there's a whole lot of different things we can do. What would you find helpful? Are there any specs you have trouble finding when working on your Stang? Tell us!

a couple things...any chance of getting the info from ford for the climate control motor potentiometer/resistor ratings? the new cars basically have 90% defrost in'floor' mode, and I had intended to pick mine apart and add a extra tuning pot and/or resistors to adjust the blend motor feedback, but if they would have the info evailable(resistance or voltage controller looks for in all three door positions) it would save some time...perhaps one of the engineers night even know if theres a calibration pot or two in the control module already?

I for one would sure like to know what the 'improved' fuel tank internal venting changed, and what all the stuff is below the trunk...looks like vapor canister, but its also the only apparent connection between the two sides of the tank- unless you can corner hard enough to spill fuel from one side to the other...a guy on another forum mentioned having his vapor canister unhooked or something to get rid of his fuel fill problems- I really wouldnt want to unhook mine, but if there would be a way to improve the odds of filling without pouring gasoline down the side of the car, I'd sure like to hear it...currently I know of ONE gas station about 10 minutes away that I can fill at low rate with only a little spillage...Ive only been to 2 other stations, both of which made the side of the car look like a decorative fountain after the pump shut off...and no, my fill tube is not damaged...have heard the same story from others on other forums- the tube is just to small/venting not effective enough to allow flow rates from some pumps...there has GOT to be a better way. If I gotta add another vent and run back to top of fill tube, so be it, I just would hate to be needing to stop at 3/4 tank when on vacation due to unknown pumps...

• 7 months later...

Specifically, what kind of tire article would you like to see? One with a general explanation of sizes and compounds, or something more along the lines of what brand works in specific situations?

As far as suspension, what about something on traction devices? Is this what you're looking for?

Let me know, and we'll try to assist. :)

As far as suspension, what about something on traction devices? Is this what you're looking for?

Let me know, and we'll try to assist. :)

Yes, Options that will stop the rearend from moving/twisting causing wheel-hop. Also any kind of sub-frame connectors that attach to the rearend and help with the extra weight in the nose. I did this on older vehicles using Ladder Bars.

Jim

I suggested a thread with SA for people like me.

I don't have the vast knowledge and experience like many on this forum.

Although the capabilities of this car are awesome, there have been sacrifices

for cost savings that have reduced the power output of the engine reducing

accelleration. Also handling is in the most need, particularly when it comes

to wheel hop and hooking up the rear tires. Where as the concept had Brembo's

on all four corners, the production version sacrificed the rears for stock Mustang GT's.

I just want to have the most knowledgable, and trustworthy advice possible to

steer my choices to maximize the potential for daily performance, without undue

sacrifice of durability, dependability and comfort. I can't think of anyone more

reputable at dependably tweaking the ultimate performance out of MY car, than

Carroll Shelby and Shelby Auto's.

Would increasing the size of the rear tires help hookup? If so what is the largest size

that would fit the GT500 that would be recommended?

Would replacing the rear brakes to the originally spec'd Brembo's noticably improve

braking performance?

I've noticed on video showing the Shelby under hard braking that the front air splitter

dives pretty close to the ground. Some people talk about lowering the car to lower center

of gravity to improve handling but how far is too much? Will the Shelby/Eibach suspension

that SA is going to introduce also going to address ride height?

I heard some talk that the exhaust that SA was going to introduce would also replace the

headers. How much improvement would this provide, and can the headers be replaced

without pulling the engine?

Performance chip tunes, pulley swaps, cold air inductions.......

So many choices that require a single source of guidance, based on the results I personally

want to achieve is why.......Shelby Auto's I need your help!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wish my car was one of the four and you guys could do your magic for free, then I would take the result to shows and show off your handy work :drool: I do have an idea I would love to do to mine and I have not seen it done yet! But if I told you, I would have to kill you :hysterical: Honestly, I think I will try my ideas in a couple of years, this way it would be a "one off ".

i would like to see the specific problems our cars enjoy addressed. for example, suspension principles and geometry ( center of gravity etc.)explained and then how it applies to our cars and how and why we have to chan ge control arms /caster camber plates and where is the weakspots in our setup so we can make informed decisions on the right mods to make here.

IAT1 and IAT2, do i need to know what these are before modding.

Back space/offset/ never can get the same explanation from any 2 "experts". I need to be able to buy a wheel without guessing if its going to fit.

Transmissions and clutches explained and where is the weakspot here so we can understand once and for all why there have been 4 TSB's, and missed 1-2 shifts.Thanks to grabber we have a good knowledge here . I want to know how "our" synchros work so we can make an informed decision when the ford rep blames tremec and then tremec blames the clutch.I need to better understand what makes the "hiss" test a good diagnostic tool. What makes the new 2012 clutch work better. whats a better replacement for the clutch--- OEM, mcleod, spec , and why. dual disc,why not triple??

Tuning explained and why is a "lund" tune all that.

cooling explained and why do these cars need an upgrade to cooling. these cars had to be tested before production, ford couldnt have missed that.

Pinion angle, whats the big deal. solid driveshaft as opposed to a split shaft.

exhaust sysstems explained so we can mod these without a slocum budget

and how to get the sound you want and why some are raspy

lighting principles explained so we dont have guys melting their foglight housings trying to see better. bulb temperature whats that.

what makes a good street setup as opposed to track, and why. again specific to our cars.

And I would like to see all these different systems explained with actual pics from our cars eg. show me the synchros in our transmissions and not some generic sketch.

i hope i answered what you are asking and i also hope if you decide to go ahead that you dont hold back on who you might offend(ie manufacturers, vendors etc. )

I guess what I am trying to say is there is so much goobly gob out there that if we had a better understanding of the individual systems specific to our cars and the shortcomings then we could do more informed modding since we cant leave well enough alone and just want to make our cars better.

thank you for the generous offer stangsunleashed .

ken

Archived