TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tire size

need some help with tire size ,i just picked up a set of alco 20 for my 2010 gt 500, my car is lowered with h&r sport springs i am not sure of the drop , but need to know the best size tires for front and rear thanks for any help

My Super Snake came with 275/35zr20 on the rear and 255/35zr20 on the front.

with the rear rims having a 37mm offset and being that you are lowered, I'd recommend running a 255/35/20 up front & a 275/35/20 out back.....these are the exact sizes that the Super Snakes come with

08, the sizes you said are the side walls small or a good size, i only ask because i had a 04 terminator which i put 19 on and the side walls where very small, compared to the 19 that are stock on my 2010, what iam getting at is there a happy medium with a good size side wall and the width of the tire thanks for your help

with the rear rims having a 37mm offset and being that you are lowered, I'd recommend running a 255/35/20 up front & a 275/35/20 out back.....these are the exact sizes that the Super Snakes come with

08 are those the sizes you have on yours your side wall looks good and do i need any spacers or anything or just put the wheels on and i am good to go thanks

08, the sizes you said are the side walls small or a good size, i only ask because i had a 04 terminator which i put 19 on and the side walls where very small, compared to the 19 that are stock on my 2010, what iam getting at is there a happy medium with a good size side wall and the width of the tire thanks for your help

the sidewalls are short, but a good size/fit for the rims

08 are those the sizes you have on yours your side wall looks good and do i need any spacers or anything or just put the wheels on and i am good to go thanks

Those are the exact sizes I am running on my car, 255/35/20 up front & 275/35/20 out back. Between the lowering springs & those tire sizes, the car has a nice stance/rake to it. You do not need any spacers.

InjectedShow-8.jpg

InjectedShow-7.jpg

just a little fyi... the 275 size tire is not enough rubber on the ground for traction.

You are absolutely correct breoland, but because of the 37mm offset of the 20x10 rear rim and suspension modifications made to my car, it was either the 275/35 (27.6"dia) or the 285/30 (26.9"dia).....and I wanted a rear tire that was somewhat larger in diameter than the front 255/35 (27"dia) tires that I am running.....plus these were the exact sizes that the Super Snakes were coming with and I figured they were used for a specific reason.

As soon as I need new rear tires, my plan is to send both rear rims to Welcraft Wheels and have them widened.

You are absolutely correct breoland, but because of the 37mm offset of the 20x10 rear rim and suspension modifications made to my car, it was either the 275/35 (27.6"dia) or the 285/30 (26.9"dia).....and I wanted a rear tire that was somewhat larger in diameter than the front 255/35 (27"dia) tires that I am running.....plus these were the exact sizes that the Super Snakes were coming with and I figured they were used for a specific reason.

As soon as I need new rear tires, my plan is to send both rear rims to Welcraft Wheels and have them widened.

I didnt make the statement to make anyone look wrong. I love the alcoas and plan to get a set myself but i am still trying to figure out out how to get atleast a 315 on the rear with having welcraft widen them.

I just didnt want him to get the tire size stated and think they are going to work better than what is on there now.

THe alcoas are my favorite rim that is out there but the offset and width of the wheel do not help with the power the car makes or what i plan for the future. If somehow they can make a wider wheel to fit a 315 drag radial..555r would be golden!. its 2000 for the wheels, 1000 for tires and another 500+ to have them fixed to fit a bigger tire is crazy for right now

Archived