TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SVT PP Wheels?

jsvtcobra

I was looking at my order guide today and was looking into something that I read someone comment about. In the order guide it says the SVT PP rear wheels are 20"x9.5" and in the wheel illustration it states 20"x10". Has anyone actually confirmed the size of these wheels? I would like to put a larger size tire on it. If it is a 9.5" wheel I was considering widening the rear wheels if the price isnt to crazy. Does anyone have a general idea of what it cost to widen a wheel? Has anyone had this done to a set of wheels before? How is the reliability and balancing of a wheel that has been widened.

Last question how wide of a tire can you throw under a 2010/11 given the appropriate wheel, has anyone put 335's under their ride? If so any pics?

I was looking at my order guide today and was looking into something that I read someone comment about. In the order guide it says the SVT PP rear wheels are 20"x9.5" and in the wheel illustration it states 20"x10". Has anyone actually confirmed the size of these wheels? I would like to put a larger size tire on it. If it is a 9.5" wheel I was considering widening the rear wheels if the price isnt to crazy. Does anyone have a general idea of what it cost to widen a wheel? Has anyone had this done to a set of wheels before? How is the reliability and balancing of a wheel that has been widened.

Last question how wide of a tire can you throw under a 2010/11 given the appropriate wheel, has anyone put 335's under their ride? If so any pics?

If you didn't know the tire size that actually comes with the wheels they are Goodear Eagle F1 Supercard G:2 tires with P265/40ZR19s on the front and P285/35ZR20s on the rear.

The nice thing is the tires are directionally designed for each position (left & right). 335s on the rear rims would be a rough fit but I'm not a tire expert so I'll leave that to someone who is.

I'm kind of excited about the tires that come stock on the SVT package myself.

Archived