TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rookie" Stripes

Roger started the idea for the new Shelby's for CSBB 85. He put the first ones on his car (red) and got me the yellow set. We went to CSBB 85 and people loved them so he started selling them. He was selling them so fast but then started working for SA so dropped it.

There is a very long thread on the subject. I think it's one of the biggest threads on the SGT and likely in the mods section. Take a look there as there is a lot of info.

Simply purchase a sheet of stripes and/or have some cut to length and width and install them it's pretty easy. Make sure they align with the center of the wheel at the bottom then follow the angle of the fender at the headlights and you're good to go. That thread also has lots of pics to help you decide which color. Good luck and make sure to post pics when done.

Correction - they are not "rookie" stripes, they are "pit" stripes. Rookie stripes are typically painted or applied to the rear end of a race car.

I really like the way these look. Where do I get them? How much do they cost? Can I get some info from some of you guys that have them?

Clicky Here: My link

Correction - they are not "rookie" stripes, they are "pit" stripes. Rookie stripes are typically painted or applied to the rear end of a race car.

MrFarmdog I wanted to be a little different and he actually did a triple for my white SGT in red silver and blue. Kind of patriotic looking. Get's a lot of looks and points from people. I don't know maybe their saying look at that idiot. :hysterical:

"Pit stripes..."

Usually earned.

At least I have.

"Novice" gets one stripe in one color, so his/her pit crew can identify the approaching car. Worn on the right fender, other drivers on the track also know his/her skill level. Two stripes indicate some experience. Color often reflects "time in the seat".

Widely misunderstood today, we stole this concept from FIA, a racing association popular in Western Europe and very similar to our SAAC and SCCA. But, (and as usual), we perverted the meaning of these stripes for our own use.

Nothing wrong with this I suppose, I just wanted to share the history.

Drive on, gents, be safe.

"Pit stripes..."

Usually earned.

At least I have.

"Novice" gets one stripe in one color, so his/her pit crew can identify the approaching car. Worn on the right fender, other drivers on the track also know his/her skill level. Two stripes indicate some experience. Color often reflects "time in the seat".

Widely misunderstood today, we stole this concept from FIA, a racing association popular in Western Europe and very similar to our SAAC and SCCA. But, (and as usual), we perverted the meaning of these stripes for our own use.

Scca requires the rookie stripes be put on the rear end of the race car.

Scca requires the rookie stripes be put on the rear end of the race car.

Like I said, "widely misunderstood".

Pit stripes on the back of any vehicle in a road race means nothing to anyone.

Pit crews can't see them coming and if I am following a novice, I don't want to be there.

SCCA can rule anything their hearts desire, much lke NASCAR today.

So can you.

Be safe my friend, drive on.

Thanks for the info! I will PM mrfarmdog and ask him where to get the pit stripes from. Hope they aren't too expensive. shift.gif

Got mine from John you get a set for $25.00 & they are great, good quality & instructions can be found on this site that gives you step by step.

Like I said, "widely misunderstood".

Pit stripes on the back of any vehicle in a road race means nothing to anyone.

Pit crews can't see them coming and if I am following a novice, I don't want to be there.

SCCA can rule anything their hearts desire, much lke NASCAR today.

So can you.

Be safe my friend, drive on.

Why, hello Mac. Great to see you here posting.

Chris

Why, hello Mac. Great to see you here posting.

Chris

Thank you, Chris. Yep, I'm still around and once in a while, add my .02C. Should be posting LuLu's recent improvements soon.

Be safe, my friend.

"Pit stripes..."

Usually earned.

At least I have.

This is very interesting, thanks for the input. If color often indicates time in the seat, do you know which colors indicate how much time?

Archived