TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Performance driving

andresh53

I attended the Lone Star round up at Texas Motor Speedway sponsored by Trackguys this weekend and I have to say I was impressed. The course was challenging and the instructors were top notch. I did not know my car could do that lol. If you get a chance to attend any driving school I recommend it. My car is no longer a baby it was broken in very well lol. I also had the pleasure or riding with Mr. Joe Johnson and his 164 of 300 Cobra R that car is amazing I had a lot of fun during that ride. Just thought I would share that thanks for reading

I attended the Lone Star round up at Texas Motor Speedway sponsored by Trackguys this weekend and I have to say I was impressed. The course was challenging and the instructors were top notch. I did not know my car could do that lol. If you get a chance to attend any driving school I recommend it. My car is no longer a baby it was broken in very well lol. I also had the pleasure or riding with Mr. Joe Johnson and his 164 of 300 Cobra R that car is amazing I had a lot of fun during that ride. Just thought I would share that thanks for reading

Isn't Joe great!!! I want to drive just like him when I grow up. :shift:

Track Guys does a great weekend. Sorry I wasn't able to be there this year.

Andres,

Thank you for coming out to TWS for our Track Guys event... and, I'm glad you had fun and learned a little somethin' about both your car AND your abilities to get it around the track in a safe, fun and educational manner. Plus, DANG! Your car is BEAUTIFUL at speed blastin' down the front straight at TWS... Look for some images of your car here:

And you BOTH are correct: Mr. Joe Johnson is truly one-of-a-kind. I've known and driven with Joe for years and ALWAYS look forward to sharing the track with him, regardless of who is driving what... I'm glad you were able to see what TWS is like from his passenger seat, too!

I also appreciate your comments about our instructors - we simply could NOT do these events without them and yes, they ARE top notch!

TRT: where WERE you brother?!? The weather was spectacular and the cars and drivers even better!

See you on track!

Jeff Lacina

Lead Instructor

Track Guys Performance Driving Events

Glad you had a good time. I got several photos of you car at the event. PM me with your address and I'll send you a CD. Ron B.

I have been to the TMS in 2007 for a charity. Nice track until I was kick off doing 130 mph. Speed limit was to be 85 mph and I had that dang "Drive by Wire" stuck. lol

What was the cost of this driving school and was it done on the oval track or a road track?

Tom

I have been to the TMS in 2007 for a charity. Nice track until I was kick off doing 130 mph. Speed limit was to be 85 mph and I had that dang "Drive by Wire" stuck. lol

What was the cost of this driving school and was it done on the oval track or a road track?

Tom

For one day $175 both days $300 I think...it was well worth it and it was the 1.2 road course

Andres,

Thank you for coming out to TWS for our Track Guys event... and, I'm glad you had fun and learned a little somethin' about both your car AND your abilities to get it around the track in a safe, fun and educational manner. Plus, DANG! Your car is BEAUTIFUL at speed blastin' down the front straight at TWS... Look for some images of your car here:

And you BOTH are correct: Mr. Joe Johnson is truly one-of-a-kind. I've known and driven with Joe for years and ALWAYS look forward to sharing the track with him, regardless of who is driving what... I'm glad you were able to see what TWS is like from his passenger seat, too!

I also appreciate your comments about our instructors - we simply could NOT do these events without them and yes, they ARE top notch!

TRT: where WERE you brother?!? The weather was spectacular and the cars and drivers even better!

See you on track!

Jeff Lacina

Lead Instructor

Track Guys Performance Driving Events

Jeff, I know you are right, but unfortunately I'm working in Canada right now.........which fortunately means I can afford to play with my toys when I am home :happy feet: You don't know how much I wanted to be there. Don't give up on me............I'll be back :shift:

ps. Your instructors are great!!!

I had a great time at the SCCA "PDX" last October, held at Summit Point, WV. I hope to go back later this year if I can find the time.

Fortunately I was "advanced" and did not need an instructor. :happy feet:

Heres a link to my YouTube videos if anyone is interested in watching....

http://www.youtube.com/user/ilmor

For one day $175 both days $300 I think...it was well worth it and it was the 1.2 road course

Andres: you WERE going fast... LOL... we actually used the 2.9-mile configuration, counter-clock direction...

And thanks for all the kudos for our Track Guys programs... we wish we were doing more events for Team Shelby...

Jeff

This just in - dates for our 2011 event at TWS: March 26 & 27, 2011. This will be our 10th ANNUAL Lone Star Round Up event... wow, where DO the years go?!

Get it on you calendars now... stop by our web site http://www.trackguys.com or our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/trackguys to keep up with us the rest of the year... We have our annual Camp Steeda / Track Guys event coming up in May at the historic Sebring International Raceway, May 22 & 23, 2010 - go here to sign up: http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com

Maybe for 2011, Team Shelby and Shelby America will be on board with us too...

See you on track!

Jeff Lacina

Track Guys Guy

This just in - dates for our 2011 event at TWS: March 26 & 27, 2011. This will be our 10th ANNUAL Lone Star Round Up event... wow, where DO the years go?!

Get it on you calendars now... stop by our web site http://www.trackguys.com or our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/trackguys to keep up with us the rest of the year... We have our annual Camp Steeda / Track Guys event coming up in May at the historic Sebring International Raceway, May 22 & 23, 2010 - go here to sign up: http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com

Maybe for 2011, Team Shelby and Shelby America will be on board with us too...

See you on track!

Jeff Lacina

Track Guys Guy

Jeff,

I can't get your facebook link to work and you don't come up in the search function :headscratch:

Archived