TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Oil Change

sierramike

If this has been covered already sorry for the repeat. I am a new owner and considering the purchase of a good set of ramps (Dambach) or a floor jack / stands. I am thinking the jack would be a good investement for use in getting the car up on stands for winter storeage, etc. I appreicate the teams feedback, regarding methods for those of you changing your own oil / filter. I realize I have to document this well and just would really rather do it myself. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

If this has been covered already sorry for the repeat. I am a new owner and considering the purchase of a good set of ramps (Dambach) or a floor jack / stands. I am thinking the jack would be a good investement for use in getting the car up on stands for winter storeage, etc. I appreicate the teams feedback, regarding methods for those of you changing your own oil / filter. I realize I have to document this well and just would really rather do it myself. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

#1 You don`t want but your car on stands to store could do more damage by hanging it from the suspension. If your budgit allows you it would be better to purchase a good four post lift. This makes oil changes easier & you can work on your car . Unless you get ramps with a gradual slope you will end up scraping your splitter.jmo

Word of warning or be forewarned....First oil change can be a pain in the a$$ when it comes to getting the oil filter off....I think FORD hired a big gorilla to put the oil filters on at the factory, because both of my Mustangs were extremely difficult to get that first filter off of.....Just a little FYI....

You might want to consider getting some 2X12's and making your own ramps....that will give you the ability to graduate the ramps enough to get it up without tearing up your splitter....if you buy ramps, you're more than likely to have to buy some 2X12's to put down in front of them to get on them without hitting the splitter anyway....

Archived