TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Review: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 The Best Car We'd Never Buy

Makes sense to me. Unless you can find a '10 for an absolutely unbelievable deal right now and you think you might croak in the next few months before the '11 goes on sale, there's no reason not to wait for the '11.

Makes sense to me. Unless you can find a '10 for an absolutely unbelievable deal right now and you think you might croak in the next few months before the '11 goes on sale, there's no reason not to wait for the '11.

The 010 is a great car, has the handling and power of a KR and for a heck of alot less cost, not to mention the low production numbers. The iron block is time/cycles proven. Aluminum block is a weight saver but by no means a Holy Grail. Just my opinion.

well if you can get a great deal on the 2010 GT500 why not buy it, the 2011 is gonna be in the 50k for a coupe. now we all know the 2011 will be better right out of the box.

Seems to me that Autoblog could have written about the positive results without saying they would never buy one because of the next model year. They knew about the 011 before they tested, what was the point besides a catchy title?

Seems to me that Autoblog could have written about the positive results without saying they would never buy one because of the next model year. They knew about the 011 before they tested, what was the point besides a catchy title?

+10 :happy feet:

Don't shoot the messenger... :cry:

Bottom line they like the 2010...BUT:

" You see, as good as the 2010 GT500 is, there's something better coming. Just like we would have never bought a 2010 Mustang GT in anticipation of the legendary 5.0-liter V8 arriving in the 2011 model, we would keep our wallet tucked away until the 2011 Shelby GT500 hits showroom floors. With its aluminum block V8 filling the space between the front fenders, the 2011 GT500 should be even better. That's what taking 105 pounds off the front end of a car will do. So be patient, and wait for the 2011 GT500. That's what we're doing." :slapfight:

I knew I should have waited for the 2011 :banghead: Crystal ball was broken that day!

Don't shoot the messenger... :cry:

Bottom line they like the 2010...BUT:

" You see, as good as the 2010 GT500 is, there's something better coming. Just like we would have never bought a 2010 Mustang GT in anticipation of the legendary 5.0-liter V8 arriving in the 2011 model, we would keep our wallet tucked away until the 2011 Shelby GT500 hits showroom floors. With its aluminum block V8 filling the space between the front fenders, the 2011 GT500 should be even better. That's what taking 105 pounds off the front end of a car will do. So be patient, and wait for the 2011 GT500. That's what we're doing." :slapfight:

I knew I should have waited for the 2011 :banghead: Crystal ball was broken that day!

It would have been nice to have the aluminum block in the 07 too. Oh well.

Archived