TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spare tire solution?

petrong1186

I know there are many members here who wish to have a spare for their Shelby. I also believe that there are members who wish to sell their stock rims and tires. Maybe we can help eachother out. If one member wishing to sell their complete set of stock rims and tires were to sell two rims/tires to one member and two rims/tires to a second member, the purchasing members would have matching front and rear spares.

I would like to have a spare for both the front and the rear, so if there is anybody who would like to sell me a front and a rear, please let me know

The spare tire situation for these cars is a difficult one. I hope an arrangement such as this can help parties looking to acquire stock spares and those looking to sell their stock set.

dan

Nice thought Dan, but the 2010's Wheels are bringing big money right now, upwards of $2500-3k a set, where as the 07-09 GT 500 wheels you can get brand new takeoffs with tires for $750 in Tampa, Fl.

The other option would be to wait until Ford Racing start to sell them (and they will) or buy the replica (which I don't recommend).

• 1 month later...

Nice thought Dan, but the 2010's Wheels are bringing big money right now, upwards of $2500-3k a set, where as the 07-09 GT 500 wheels you can get brand new takeoffs with tires for $750 in Tampa, Fl.

The other option would be to wait until Ford Racing start to sell them (and they will) or buy the replica (which I don't recommend).

I just purchased from American Muscle a spare wheel and tire setup for my 2010 GT500. It is a 19x8.5 GT500 wheel for $165 and a matching 245/45 tire (Sumitomo) for $200 delivered. $365 and the damn thing looks pretty damn close to the original. I put it on the front and it works great. Now how to put it in the trunk hole?

Racin' Randy

I just purchased from American Muscle a spare wheel and tire setup for my 2010 GT500. It is a 19x8.5 GT500 wheel for $165 and a matching 245/45 tire (Sumitomo) for $200 delivered. $365 and the damn thing looks pretty damn close to the original. I put it on the front and it works great. Now how to put it in the trunk hole?

Racin' Randy

do a search on Grabber about last may or june i think--he has all the details on how he did it. If you cant find it Ill look in a little bit--ok heres a link to Grabbers task http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29264&st=20

Archived