TEAM SHELBY FORUM

As Promised...... Oh What A Feeling......

NVWSSV

Toyota :happy feet: . Not that you guys care about Toyota, but I just picked up my new Tundra and am pretty happy about it. Here's some pics of my new toy.

HPIM0436.jpg

My Girl, she's the best. Unfortunately she just blew her ACL out and the vet gave me a 4K estimate for her surgery. :nonono:

HPIM0428.jpg

HPIM0431.jpg

HPIM0439.jpg

Go ahead, flame away.

Toyota :happy feet: . Not that you guys care about Toyota, but I just picked up my new Tundra and am pretty happy about it. Here's some pics of my new toy.

Go ahead, flame away.

I like the color. I bet that would make a sweet GT500 color.

Nice truck. No flames here.

Is it just me, or does the shot from on the bridge look awfully similar to the '97 model F-150? If I recall correctly, didn't Toyota want to call it a T-150 when they originally came out, but Ford sued to have the name changed? Been too long to remember clearly, I guess.

I like the color. I bet that would make a sweet GT500 color.

Thanks 5.4, it's called Bluesteel Mica (1st year for it on the Tundra). It kinda reminds me of a deeper shade of Windveil, which I thought would have looked great on the GT500 with white stripes.

Nice truck. No flames here.

Is it just me, or does the shot from on the bridge look awfully similar to the '97 model F-150? If I recall correctly, didn't Toyota want to call it a T-150 when they originally came out, but Ford sued to have the name changed? Been too long to remember clearly, I guess.

Thanks for not flaming me; I was figuring I'd get raked over the coals. Don't know about the T-150 thing, makes sense though because the Tundra was the predecessor to the T-100. And yeah, it kinda does look like the older F-150's in that shot, go figure.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to flame you, and I don't feel anyone else should, either. If people have a beef with what you drive, maybe they'll be willing to accompany you to a dealership to sign a new note, eat the negative equity, and put you in a Porsche. Till then, nobody has the right to bitch. :yup:

I'm definitely feelin the color. Sort of reminds me of the older "Atlantic Blue" as seen on Mustangs. I always loved that color (I have a thing for blues). The back window feature is pretty cool! I definitely favor that over the traditional sliding rear window. The picture of the pet is cute too! You should call that "Doggy door". :)

So are you still making eyes with the Shelby? *If* you're going to have two new vehicles, I'm *so* going to envy you. :bowdown:

So are you still making eyes with the Shelby? *If* you're going to have two new vehicles, I'm *so* going to envy you. :bowdown:

My fingers are crossed. If everything I have planned for my life in the next few month's works out, I'll have two new rides but will be totally broke. LOL, you only live once :rockon:.

My fingers are crossed. If everything I have planned for my life in the next few month's works out, I'll have two new rides but will be totally broke. LOL, you only live once :rockon:.

Good for you! It's rare that you encounter someone who has their priorities straight, yet still goes by the "you only live once" adage. Kudos! I sincerely hope it works out for you 9and yeah, I'm still going to envy you!). :rockon:

You're not living unless you sacrifice everything for your toys! :rockon:

I could take or leave the truck. I've never been much of a 'Yota fan, but that's one nice looking dog. Sorry to hear about the ACL injury.

Surprise, surprise; I don't like Toyotas of any kind. The 7/8 scale Tundra baffles me. The all-new (and finally full-sized) 2007 Tundra promises to be a damn good truck that may actually be a true competitor to the F150. I would never buy a Toyota, but if I knew anyone who was going to buy a Tundra my advice would have been to wait for the 2007.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 18 2006, 10:20 AM) 5530[/snapback]

Surprise, surprise; I don't like Toyotas of any kind. The 7/8 scale Tundra baffles me. The all-new (and finally full-sized) 2007 Tundra promises to be a damn good truck that may actually be a true competitor to the F150. I would never buy a Toyota, but if I knew anyone who was going to buy a Tundra my advice would have been to wait for the 2007.

Ahhh yeah, sorry Five Oh, I know how you feel about these things. The size actually works perfectly for my needs. Towing a 16' fiberglass drift boat, a pile of fishing/camping gear, some beer, a few dogs, and a couple of good friends. Plus it's just a touch easier to maneuver in traffic or parking lots. I thought about waiting for the 07 but with my upcoming move I wanted to get something now. You're right, the 07 should be a nice truck with the new, much larger 5.7L 350hp (?) engine.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 18 2006, 10:20 AM) 5530[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Ahhh yeah, sorry Five Oh, I know how you feel about these things. The size actually works perfectly for my needs. Towing a 16' fiberglass drift boat, a pile of fishing/camping gear, some beer, a few dogs, and a couple of good friends. Plus it's just a touch easier to maneuver in traffic or parking lots. I thought about waiting for the 07 but with my upcoming move I wanted to get something now. You're right, the 07 should be a nice truck with the new, much larger 5.7L 350hp (?) engine.

Sorry, NVWSSV, I shouldn't have rained on your parade but this is a Shelby GT500 website. I'm not one of those "buy American" cry-babies, so I hope nobody got that impression. 99% of all my automotive purchases have been from American owned companies, but the lines are blurring anymore as to what an American car is anyway. I love the all-new (American?) Ford Fusion, but it is a Japanese platform (Mazda 6) and is built in Hermosillo, Mexico. And many Hondas, Toyotas, Mercedes, BMW's, etc. are built here in the USA now. I'm sure your truck is very nice - congrats on the new ride!

You can always pick a Canadian out when they spell COLOUR ;)

I just spend $1,000 on my dog (brown/white dalmation). What kind of dog is that? Chesapeake?

How can you argue with Toyota quality?

Brown/White Dalmatian? Never seen one of those, I bet it looks really cool. Post up a pic, I'd love to see it. My dog is a Chocolate Lab; she's been such a great dog I don't know if I'll ever have anything else.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 18 2006, 05:35 PM) 5560[/snapback]

Sorry, NVWSSV, I shouldn't have rained on your parade but this is a Shelby GT500 website. I'm not one of those "buy American" cry-babies, so I hope nobody got that impression. 99% of all my automotive purchases have been from American owned companies, but the lines are blurring anymore as to what an American car is anyway. I love the all-new (American?) Ford Fusion, but it is a Japanese platform (Mazda 6) and is built in Hermosillo, Mexico. And many Hondas, Toyotas, Mercedes, BMW's, etc. are built here in the USA now. I'm sure your truck is very nice - congrats on the new ride!

No worries, I expected a little flaming. No harm, no foul. Funny you mention the cars being built all over the world now. I just looked at the sticker on my door and the very last thing it says is "Made In The USA." If I remember correctly, the Tundra plant is in Kentucky.

dillin.jpg

Hey Robert are the brown ones smarter than the black ones? I had a black and white Dalmation that was stupid as a stick. I'd be walking him and he'd be trying to bite car tires..........Problem was the cars were moving!

Good looking dog though

Sorry to hear about your Labs ACL. I have a Chocolate myself and I would do just about anything for him. I would pay the money and never think twice. I love my dog.

As far as the truck goes. :do what: I like my Ford trucks... thats all I will say.

Sorry to hear about your Labs ACL. I have a Chocolate myself and I would do just about anything for him. I would pay the money and never think twice. I love my dog.

I hear ya. I'm calling different surgeons today to get more price quotes and to see how quickly I can get her in. Makes me feel like poop watching her limp around.

Archived