TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ultimate raceing shootout winner

1badshelby

Instead of driving four hours to Commerce to the NMRA, Jo and I ended up going over to Reynolds Ga to the Ultimate raceing shootout event. There were 4 classes, 2 were for slick running cars, 1 for drag radials and the 4th for Hard or pure street tires. That is the one I ran in since that's what I got on the car.... Anyways, in the shootout, each class runs heads up on a .400 pro tree with an index until the semi final round, then it's run whatcha brung! The street tire class had an index of 8.5 in the eighth. I qualified withan 8.51 (#1 qualifier) which entitled me to a bye run, which I used to see what the car had in it for later runs.... Long story short, I made it to the finals against a New model Linginfelter Corvette who had been extremely fast on his no index pass. I got him on the tree, he then spun and I took it to the strip and won 1st place, money and a nice trophy!!!! Hows that for the 1st time out???

Mike

Instead of driving four hours to Commerce to the NMRA, Jo and I ended up going over to Reynolds Ga to the Ultimate raceing shootout event. There were 4 classes, 2 were for slick running cars, 1 for drag radials and the 4th for Hard or pure street tires. That is the one I ran in since that's what I got on the car.... Anyways, in the shootout, each class runs heads up on a .400 pro tree with an index until the semi final round, then it's run whatcha brung! The street tire class had an index of 8.5 in the eighth. I qualified withan 8.51 (#1 qualifier) which entitled me to a bye run, which I used to see what the car had in it for later runs.... Long story short, I made it to the finals against a New model Linginfelter Corvette who had been extremely fast on his no index pass. I got him on the tree, he then spun and I took it to the strip and won 1st place, money and a nice trophy!!!! Hows that for the 1st time out???

Mike

Congrats Mike. Sounds like you had a great outing.

What is the .400 pro tree and the 8.5 index? I gather this is an 1/8 mile track?

How did they group/class the cars other than tires?

No experience drag racing in the past 40 years so not familiar with the terms. :banghead:

Does the track have a web site?

Thanks

Congrats Mike. Sounds like you had a great outing.

What is the .400 pro tree and the 8.5 index? I gather this is an 1/8 mile track?

How did they group/class the cars other than tires?

No experience drag racing in the past 40 years so not familiar with the terms. :banghead:

Does the track have a web site?

Thanks

The .400 tree is the amount of time from yellow to green, and the 8.5 index is a breakout time in the 1/8th mile.

here is a link:

http://www.coupeperformance.com/

Archived