TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby shareholders........?

weluv2fish4bass

I just wanted to say hello to all, and to introduce myself to you guys..My name is Greg, and I am newbie here, (though ive been lurking around for quite some time.lol) Ive always been fascinated by the man, and the cars he has built, and latelly I have become really intrigued about this company. I have noticed quite a few Shelbys driving around and one day I was over at a buddies house and he had a magazine there with this BEAUTIFULL car on the cover(motor trend maybe..?)

Sure enough, another car from Shelby.I fumbled through the pages admiring the car, the look, and the design were fabulous.

The car looks fast just sitting there..

Sorry to ramble on,but in short I have become intrigued and have started looking into possibly buying some shares of Shelby stock....I have been religouslly studying and trying to read up on as much information as i can here the last few weeks, and I want to know more( the interent is full of wonderfull things..)..I have been fairlly lucky with my picks in the past( we all win some, and lose some..), but I want to hear from you guys....Now I know management isnt allowed to discuss anything for obvious reasons, but maybe you guys can shed some light on the subject. I have searched through previous postings and it seems people are kinda sensitve about this and I understand why, but it seems to me that that stock has no where to go but up..I have my own opinions, but I wanna hear yours first. Seems tomelot of people bought the stock just to hang the certificate on the wall next to there Shelby( which would be way cool..), Also seems alot of people bought and nothing ever happened and became discuraged..but I would like to hear from you point of view.

I would like to know about your thoughts in general, do you recommend a buy, or sell, or just forget about it in general..? I was hoping maybe I could make enough to be able to purchase my own gt350....well maybe, we can all dream cant we..? :drool:

thanks again, and please dont burn me alive for started this topic..lol

Buy some, but do it as a souvenir, not to make money off it. Iif you buy it to make money you will not be happy. This will also be the response from everyone else that owns it here. I own 1000 shares and could care less if it was worth, .01 or 100 per share.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Chris

Buy some, but do it as a souvenir, not to make money off it. Iif you buy it to make money you will not be happy. This will also be the response from everyone else that owns it here. I own 1000 shares and could care less if it was worth, .01 or 100 per share.

Also, welcome to the forum.

Chris

I agree with Chris. If you think it has no where to go but up, you are mistaken.

I agree. As a Shelby shareholder myself, I own it as a souvenir, not to make money. Now my Ford stock, well that's a whole different deal. I bought Ford when it was way low.... made a lot.... put some of the profit back into my Terlingua, and the rest bought more Ford.... :hysterical: :happy feet:

wow..thanks guys and gals for your inputs....I hope to recieve a few more still, but its a start...It seems that the difference between you and I is that you allready own your Shelbys, and the stock ( and the certificate) was just an added bonus to the car.. Almost like an accessory, to the vehicle itself..My wife would have me by the "jewels"(lol), if i told her i just wanted a piece of paper.. :finger:

Im sorry, but im thinking there are bigger things going on at Shelby. Yes you probably think im crazy, or stupid ..or both but it seems to me the company is turning itself around and will one day( dont know when), the change will be affected in the stock price..Companies go to the pink sheet to reorganize themselves and come back again as a better built and stronger company. Plain and simple..Businesses do it everyday..Isnt this what Carroll did when he changed management and hired Amy.? Its no different then when you play baseball and your in the majors one day, then something happens and down to the minors for a few weeks, then one day back to the majors again.. As far as I can tell Amy has totally turned this company around and looks like its heading in the right direction..Im sure she, along with other upper management was given stock in the company..dont you think she would be interested in the price going up.? What about Carroll..? who knows how many shares he owns, but I dont think hes content with the price right now..

PS..does anyone know how many orders Shelby has for the GT350's..? and is production still slated for June..?

Thanks..Greg

How does one buy CSBI stock? :headscratch:

It list under the symbol CSBI.PK, with the PK standing for "pink sheets", and yes its curentlly a penny stock. Any online broker ( etrade, scottrade, etc....) should be able to provide this to you. I personally use Scottrade and have never had any issues with them, but they do require a $500 minimum though...

PS..The stock is up 6 cents today, but with low volume so I wouldnt read too much into this though..

Can you actually get a paper stock certificate still?

Even though paper certificates are pretty much a thing of the past, they are still available, more as a novelty item. Pretty cool item to have for display though. You can also get an engraved plaque with the frame for your name, CSM#, or whatever you decide to add.

Just to warn you though, you're only buying one share of stock to get the certificate, but it's a lot of extra bucks to get the certificate on paper, a frame, and your name engraved below it.

Go to www.giveashare.com and check it out if you're interested.

Does anyone know how many Carroll Shelby Wheel dealerships there are across the country?...( i believe the wheel companys fall into the merchandise side of CSBI, not sure though)

Go ahead, zoom in and take a look....more then I can count.!

http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/dealers.php

it truly boggles my mind how this stock isnt worth more.....

Even though paper certificates are pretty much a thing of the past, they are still available, more as a novelty item. Pretty cool item to have for display though. You can also get an engraved plaque with the frame for your name, CSM#, or whatever you decide to add.

Just to warn you though, you're only buying one share of stock to get the certificate, but it's a lot of extra bucks to get the certificate on paper, a frame, and your name engraved below it.

Go to www.giveashare.com and check it out if you're interested.

It's cheaper to buy the certificate through giveashare than to buy it through a broker. I still need to do that even though I've got a position in my brokerage acct.

wow..thanks guys and gals for your inputs....I hope to recieve a few more still, but its a start...It seems that the difference between you and I is that you allready own your Shelbys, and the stock ( and the certificate) was just an added bonus to the car.. Almost like an accessory, to the vehicle itself..My wife would have me by the "jewels"(lol), if i told her i just wanted a piece of paper.. :finger:

Im sorry, but im thinking there are bigger things going on at Shelby. Yes you probably think im crazy, or stupid ..or both but it seems to me the company is turning itself around and will one day( dont know when), the change will be affected in the stock price..Companies go to the pink sheet to reorganize themselves and come back again as a better built and stronger company. Plain and simple..Businesses do it everyday..Isnt this what Carroll did when he changed management and hired Amy.? Its no different then when you play baseball and your in the majors one day, then something happens and down to the minors for a few weeks, then one day back to the majors again.. As far as I can tell Amy has totally turned this company around and looks like its heading in the right direction..Im sure she, along with other upper management was given stock in the company..dont you think she would be interested in the price going up.? What about Carroll..? who knows how many shares he owns, but I dont think hes content with the price right now..

PS..does anyone know how many orders Shelby has for the GT350's..? and is production still slated for June..?

Thanks..Greg

Greg you can try and do what I did. Back in 06 I had to decide if I wanted to go to Vegas and blow about $400 on the tables or stay at home and buy some shelby Stock. Save the gas and bought the shares. What I started noticing was that the share would go up for awhile then down, so I would sell half when up and buy back in when down. Now have over 15,000 shares at a pocket cost of $0. Saw you on yahoo and got here through your post. Thanks

My goal is to see CSBI go to $6-8 dollars and then cash in and get the Cobra I've always wanted. Will it get ther? Once they post the independent audits (this year?) and get to the next level of pinks, its possible. Also, Caroll owns the majority of shares, and I think that he is more interested in the cars and not the share price, but thats ok because when the numbers come the stocks gonna be a gift. Regarding the others who have posted about the shares being just for fun, there is some to that , so don't blow a big wad on this unless you feel Vegas Lucky.

It's cheaper to buy the certificate through giveashare than to buy it through a broker. I still need to do that even though I've got a position in my brokerage acct.

that is such an awesome idea!!! i am so thankful you posted that link. if i start going to alot of car shows, that will be an added bonus. i'm going to purchase the framed stock as well as with my individual account with etrade. at .20 cents, the stock doesn't have too much room to fall =)

Greg you can try and do what I did. Back in 06 I had to decide if I wanted to go to Vegas and blow about $400 on the tables or stay at home and buy some shelby Stock. Save the gas and bought the shares. What I started noticing was that the share would go up for awhile then down, so I would sell half when up and buy back in when down. Now have over 15,000 shares at a pocket cost of $0. Saw you on yahoo and got here through your post. Thanks

My goal is to see CSBI go to $6-8 dollars and then cash in and get the Cobra I've always wanted. Will it get ther? Once they post the independent audits (this year?) and get to the next level of pinks, its possible. Also, Caroll owns the majority of shares, and I think that he is more interested in the cars and not the share price, but thats ok because when the numbers come the stocks gonna be a gift. Regarding the others who have posted about the shares being just for fun, there is some to that , so don't blow a big wad on this unless you feel Vegas Lucky.

Well welcome aboard..That is quite an interesting approach, and actually a pretty good idea..lol

I do agree that yes the stock should start to climb once the audit is complete, and I did read somewhere that they HOPE to have the audit complete in april or may, and with production starting in june it would only make sense.. I am kinda leary though. It seems sales of the gt350 may not be going as good as they thought. Seems like the gt350 is the "flagship" of the company, and if the numbers arent strong......then what..? Is there a plan B..?

that is such an awesome idea!!! i am so thankful you posted that link. if i start going to alot of car shows, that will be an added bonus. i'm going to purchase the framed stock as well as with my individual account with etrade. at .20 cents, the stock doesn't have too much room to fall =)

at .20 cents, the stock doesn't have too much room to fall =)

That was my thought also.. :D

I was also wondering...Do you know who is the CFO of Shelby, and what kind of experience does he have, especially leading a company off of the pinks..?

Thanks Greg.

• 2 weeks later...

I put in a buy order. We'll see if someone is looking to dump some shares.

Does anyone know how many shares are publicly traded? The majority are privately held.

I read somewhere, when they went public years ago, they were issued 50 mil shares..now i believe carroll owns approx. 36 mil, leaving approx. 14 mil available to trade...that isnt much, but they didnt have much to start with either......now out of the 14mil.....how much of that is upper management and other larger shareholders..? this would explain why its so thinly traded....everyone is holding on for better days.......................just my 2cents...

I recently purchased 1000 shares of this stock from Scottrade. I could not purchase them online because the stock is OTC. I had to have a broker purchase the shares for me. Scottrade also informed me that I could not order the paper shares of the stock. Hope this helps.

Archived