TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mod suggestions

I bought O7SGT4481 new in 2008 and have put about 7000 fun filled miles on it including a day on road course track in Brainerd, MN. It is in completely stock form and for the most part I am wanting to keep it that way. That said, I am looking for suggestions for simple and reasonably priced power mods. I would love to get a few extra horses out of this amazing machine. Anyone have any suggestions? I do not want to supercharge the car at this time. Is there a flash tuner out there that anyone recommends for this particular car? Any other suggestions? I do appreciate your comments!

post-28120-126970762668_thumb.jpg

post-28120-126970762668_thumb.jpg

I just bought a SCT X3 which I am having a local shop write me a tune so I'll let u know what it will do, supposedly I won't gain that much HP but I should feel better throtle response and a bit of more torque, I was told if I get some delete plates, LT headers and pulleys I may get atleast 15-20hp with a tune.

I just bought a SCT X3 which I am having a local shop write me a tune so I'll let u know what it will do, supposedly I won't gain that much HP but I should feel better throtle response and a bit of more torque, I was told if I get some delete plates, LT headers and pulleys I may get atleast 15-20hp with a tune.

Nice picture Rocks

I know that location plus Miami Vice used that same area to shoot many a times...coming back to the warm weather next week so expect to see the Blue GT/SC cruising 95 and 595 as only area to open it up

JLT has a upgrades CAI (carbon fiber) that is HUGE and comes with a SCT tuner that you can give them your specs for a good increase in HP. Here is the topic link:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49941-jlt-cai-and-tune-on-shelby-gt/

I am seriously considering this Mod.

I have this JLT set up. Installation was a breeze. The filter shield is set differently than the stock one in our cars. I had to mount it through a hole that was in the wheel well

skin, a little tricky since I didn't want to remove the plastic liner.

I did notice better throttle response and the car felt like it had just a bit more HP. I also added the MAC Performance MMS Custom Axle backs and with those two mods, the car seems

to have woken up a bit.

Jessie

Nice picture Rocks

I know that location plus Miami Vice used that same area to shoot many a times...coming back to the warm weather next week so expect to see the Blue GT/SC cruising 95 and 595 as only area to open it up

Thanks, hope to see ya around. If you have a chance,this is sponsored by a local Ford dealer, many mustang clubs meets up for this, not a car show but just a hang out for that night, hope to see another SGT out there.

Gus Machado Ford Kendall Tuesday 13

Its Going to be the biggest ever April 13 from 7 to 10 pm One Year anniversary of Gus Machado Ford Of Kendall 15551 south Dixie Hwy.

The Famous Pan Con Lechon is Back Yes no Pizza this time . Live band call Past Their Prime will be playing all night long, also free raffle for all participants all clubs are welcome and there is going to be magazine covering

the event. Info call Francisco Mederos 786 229-7361

I bought O7SGT4481 new in 2008 and have put about 7000 fun filled miles on it including a day on road course track in Brainerd, MN. It is in completely stock form and for the most part I am wanting to keep it that way. That said, I am looking for suggestions for simple and reasonably priced power mods. I would love to get a few extra horses out of this amazing machine. Anyone have any suggestions? I do not want to supercharge the car at this time. Is there a flash tuner out there that anyone recommends for this particular car? Any other suggestions? I do appreciate your comments!

You could install 410 gears. There is no other mod you can do for the money that will give you the performance that 410's will. It's been said that this gear change fills like you added 50 hp and i totally agree. I've added shorty headers ,sct tune from brenspeed and aluminum driveshaft and all these improvements don't do as much for the car as 410's. I'm having my car s/c'd now so i might have to change to 373's but i'll wait and see how it performs with 410's first. These gears are great for non-aspriated cars. Good-Luck.

In the past several guys mentioned that they loved the Brenspeed tune (see www.brenspeed.com).

I've gone a different route. The car has enough power in stock form to get me in plenty of trouble, so I've focused more on suspension and brakes. Next I'm doing rear lower control arms and maybe the adj. panhard bar.

Although, I may add the new JLT fresh air kit which is coming out soon...following that I think I'll go w/ pullies and a custom tune but that may not happen until next year. I'm saving up the money before each upgrade.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_63&products_id=274

nice yours is the closest i have seen to mine number wise. is it an auto or manual if its and auto a tune will be like night and day (brenspeed or bamachips are both great), pullies will help ether so will a TB and intake tube after that the sky is the limit.

Archived