TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Windows finally tinted...

Alansvt

Just picked up the car from getting the windows tinted.

I have been asking around about where is the best place in Fayetteville and well I believe I found it.

First off Dennis does it at his house and has done it there since 1993...(as far as I know) Great guy, great service and great price.

Now for the pictures.

25322_112901088723476_100000107567937_260681_7926000_n.jpg

25322_112901092056809_100000107567937_260682_392806_n.jpg

25322_112901098723475_100000107567937_260683_3543397_n.jpg

You must have a hook up here in NC when it comes to inspections ;)

Look great, I really like the 20%. I just sold a 03' cobra vert that had something like 5% it was dark, but nice. I plan on setting up my vert up very similar when I get it. Im thinking something like 20% all around and 35% on the windshield, it will be on a black Shelby Vert so the tint should actually look darker. I cant wait. I am going to have to register it in NM though so I dont get any flack form the police...

Great job though, you are too right it is very hard to find a good tinter. My hat is off to you sir, great job....

You must have a hook up here in NC when it comes to inspections ;)

Look great, I really like the 20%. I just sold a 03' cobra vert that had something like 5% it was dark, but nice. I plan on setting up my vert up very similar when I get it. Im thinking something like 20% all around and 35% on the windshield, it will be on a black Shelby Vert so the tint should actually look darker. I cant wait. I am going to have to register it in NM though so I dont get any flack form the police...

Great job though, you are too right it is very hard to find a good tinter. My hat is off to you sir, great job....

I have a couple friends that can help with the inspection if needed...

20% does look good I believe. My friend had 5% and it was way to dark.

Are you from New Mexico? if so what part.. My car will most likely be register in NM here in the next month or so. I was raise there and my dad still lives there and since I am in the military I can get away with registering my car there.

What part of NC are you in?

Are you from New Mexico? if so what part.. My car will most likely be register in NM here in the next month or so. I was raise there and my dad still lives there and since I am in the military I can get away with registering my car there.

Im in Atl-- used to live in Wnston Salem ,and vacation at Emrald Isle--love NC

Torched10 Icon

Im in Atl-- used to live in Wnston Salem ,and vacation at Emrald Isle--love NC

Cool maybe we'll see you this summer I do a lot of surfing in E.I.

Alansvt Icon

From crazy old Roswell, I in Havelock stationed at Cherry Point. It nice that NM doesnt have any tint restrictions and the only emissions restrictions are for residence of ABQ.

Cool maybe we'll see you this summer I do a lot of surfing in E.I.

From crazy old Roswell, I in Havelock stationed at Cherry Point. It nice that NM doesn't have any tint restrictions and the only emissions restrictions are for residence of ABQ.

From my understanding NM is 20%.. But other then that you can drive anything as long as it is registered and you have insurance..

I was from out side Las cruses..

You should get at least 15% around central Florida. BTW I know a good shop in Longwood if your up for a drive.

Respectfully,

Roger

Thanks for the input. I was thinking around 10-15% with 20ish for the front windows. I am picking up the car in Chattanooga, TN so I will probably go to some guys I know up there and trust.

Torched- the GA limit flat out stinks but just about all shops will do what you want. I have 10 and 15 on my explorer and never had problems. They won't pull you over for tint generally. And they have never said anything to me at DUI checkpoints etc. Just a thought if you want to go darker.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking around 10-15% with 20ish for the front windows. I am picking up the car in Chattanooga, TN so I will probably go to some guys I know up there and trust.

Torched- the GA limit flat out stinks but just about all shops will do what you want. I have 10 and 15 on my explorer and never had problems. They won't pull you over for tint generally. And they have never said anything to me at DUI checkpoints etc. Just a thought if you want to go darker.

My plesure, in Florida they are pretty lax unless you do something stupid. Everyone knows its hot as heck out here without it. Just pay cash for anything below 20 and your good. Btw you and I need to talk. I am thinking about getting a masters in space operations.

Respectfully,

Roger

Alan, I just realized looking at your car again you have the side "GT500" stripes but not the "over head" stripes on your 2010 GT500. I didn't think that was an option. Did you have the side stripes put on after you purchased the car with the stripe delete?

I always thought the full stripe delete was a bit "naked" and liked when back in the 07-09 you could delete JUST the over head stripes and still get the "GT500" on the rockers. Anyway sweet car, the tint goes well with the car.

Looks great! This was my first mod as well. My old '04 Cobra convertible had 5% and I agree...way too dark when driving at night. My Shelby has 20% all the way around and it is illegal here in Virginia. Virginia is 50% on front driver and passenger windows and 35% on anything behind and nothing on the front windshield. They don't crack too hard on this for the state safety inspections around me, so I have yet to have an issue with any of my vehicles (my '06 Super Duty also has 20%).

Archived